HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tonight's thought (Nov 13)

Old
11-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Habsfan18

vCash: 500
Tonight's thought (Nov 13)

- Kosty played great. Hopefully he stays on the 2nd line all year!

- Gui with 2 PP goals

- Perezhogin played great

- SIGN JOHNSON TO A 2 or 3 YEAR EXTENSION!

- Huet played great

- Kovalev is obviously playing hurt

- Sammy played good tonight I thought

- Komo is a beast

- Ryder was sorta invisible

- Niinimaa scares me

9-4-3

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 09:33 PM
TroyM

Kostitsyn said he'd score tonight but he did everything but. He came oh so close so many times, I couldn't believe it... Loved the line up tonight though, definitely should be kept until Higgins return. Then it will get complicated again. Kostitsyn, Latendresse and Perezhogin all deserve to play and all deserve top 6 positions but they aren't going to unseat Higgins, Ryder or Sammy any time soon so that leaves two on the outside looking in unfortunately. A nice problem to have I guess though

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 09:36 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
- Kosty played great. Hopefully he stays on the 2nd line all year!
Bah! He only made the team because of the pressure from the Belarussian media.

Quote:
- Gui with 2 PP goals
Great stuff. This guy went from the messiah of the Habs before he set foot on the Bell Centre ice to the scapegoat for all the world's problems in under 10 games. Glad to see he's showing people why he made the team.

Furthermore, if we could clone Koivu we'd solve our depth at centre problem pretty quickly. This guy makes everyone around him better.

Quote:
- Perezhogin played great
Time to stick it to my friends who told me he was no good. God knows I hear it whenever I'm wrong.

Quote:
- SIGN JOHNSON TO A 2 or 3 YEAR EXTENSION!
15 years!

Quote:
- Huet played great
God it's great to have two reliable goalies... I love going into a game not worrying about these things.

Quote:
- Kovalev is obviously playing hurt

- Sammy played good tonight I thought
Sammy seemed to be buzzing around but these guys are going to have to start scoring at even strength (or at all for that matter).

Quote:
- Komo is a beast
As always. Remember the days when Komisarek's main flaw was that he was considered too passive? Well somebody must have pissed in his cornflakes.

Quote:
- Ryder was sorta invisible

- Niinimaa scares me
These two definitely have to step it up. If Janne doesn't he's gonna be wearing a suit to the games when Dandenault gets back.

As for the unsportsmanlike he took, it always angers me when a ref hands those out for mouthing off because it gives them way too much say in a match. What is crossing the line exactly because I've seen many guys mouth words to refs that would make sailors blush and not get a thing.

That being said, Janne should know by now that the refs are very trigger happy especially against us. Just keep your mouth shut or mumble something about his mother in Finnish.

And on an overall note, it's nice to be able to come to the board after a win because the pessimism after Saturday night was ridiculous. I was pissed that they gave such a god awful performance too, but I really didn't expect half the board to be throwing themselves in front of a bus. It's a real downer.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 09:41 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
You forgot one:

-Thanks, Gerber

Ryder's just being his usual streaky self...he'll come around. Then vanish again. And so on.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Go Habs!

I love this team (when they win)

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Strazzobosco

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
You forgot one:

-Thanks, Gerber

Ryder's just being his usual streaky self...he'll come around. Then vanish again. And so on.
If he was using only one hand on his stick, Ryder would sound soooo familiar.

Strazzobosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Habsfan18

To think if Gerber wouldn't have stoned Gui he would have had a hat trick!

Old
11-13-2006, 09:49 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strazzobosco View Post
If he was using only one hand on his stick, Ryder would sound soooo familiar.
Don't say things you can't take back!

Here's another point:

-HF needs decent servers, desperately

Old
11-13-2006, 09:52 PM
Habsfan18

in the TSN article it says for Gui's 2nd goal he beat Gerber with a quick shot...wasn't it tipped???

Old
11-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
You forgot one:

-Thanks, Gerber

Ryder hasn't been bad. He just hasn't been able to cash in on his chances, but he's working hard.

But Gerber, geez. A lot of people predicted that Ottawa would be vulnerable this year. Muckler has made some strange decisions. Losing Havlat for so-so prospects and an average top 4 D, and then signing Gerber as UFA. I don't think Muckler has made Ottawa a better organization in his time there.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Tatay Farlo

Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Agree with pretty much everything posted. Lats is surprising me, Kosts was awesome as anticipated, Perezhogin was solid and has brought the 3rd line back. Downsides were Kovalev who needs to use his teammates more and Ninamma who is terrible. Can't wait till Boulian and Dandenault are back.

Tatay Farlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 09:57 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Did Kostitsyn really guarantee he would score tonight? To who?

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 09:58 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
Ryder hasn't been bad. He just hasn't been able to cash in on his chances, but he's working hard.
Yes, vanish from the scoresheet I should've said. But man he should've buried that chance he got when Lats passed backhand to him at the side of the net.

Old
11-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Habsfan18

seriously, can you believe Kosty is still a minor leaguer?

Old
11-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
seriously, can you believe Kosty is still a minor leaguer?
I don't think he looked out of place at all, especially considering he has only had one practice with the team and that he is playing with Kovalev and Samsonov who, although they both have game-breaking abilities, are hardly consistent.

I just hope Kostitsyn gets his 10-15 games to find a niche with the team. He should be given the same opportunity that Latendress was given if he keeps up his level of play.

Jakomyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Harry Kakalovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino View Post
Bah! He only made the team because of the pressure from the Belarussian media.
This is the funniest joke I have seen so far on the board. Awesome!

Harry Kakalovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 10:28 PM
canadian_man_44

Kosty played great.

Lats played great scoring his 2nd and 3rd.

Kovalev plays well when he has the puck, but, alot of times when he doesn't have the puck he seems to stop playing. I was watching Sportsnet after the game and they were talking about that. If he would come out and play every game to the best of his ability with or without the puck I think we would have won a couple more games so far. Hopefully someone gives him a kick in the seat of the pants and smartens him up a little. His line would be deadly if only he would play all the time he's on the ice. More then once in this game an Ottawa forward skated by him in the neutral zone within a few feet and he didn't even try for the puck.

Huet stood on his head. He's getting back in the form he was in at the end of last season. Way to go HUET!!

canadian_man_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 10:40 PM
markmac

hi, I'm a longtime reader of these boards and tonight i figured i'd give it a shot at posting

first of all the play of the habs on saturday night was attrocious, and i felt that carried in to the first period or so of this game. this was a much needed win, but i feel that if this game was vs. any team besides the senators we would have been very far behind the 8 ball after the first period. i'm not coming to bring negativity, i just believe the habs are capable of much more than they showed tonight, they are at their best when they are constantly moving their feet, and in the last few games i've noticed that it hasn't been happening as much.

anyways, good win for the habs, the 3rd was a little more exciting than i wished after that brutal display of reffing by ian walsh

cheers to all on hfboards

markmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 10:53 PM
Kingbobert

i think the most important thing is that we bounce back after losses...

we start slow but come 3rd period we come out flying (meaning our coaching is doing their job)

Kosty is awsome...
Perogy should stay on the 3rd...Thats where he shines...and shouldnt be seen as a shaft to him...our 3rd line is probably our most important line most games...

i dont see a prob with shifting Tender back to the 4th when Higgins comes back...he's gonna have to realise that kostytsin and Perogy have paid their dues

Niinima is autrocious....cant wait for dandy and cube to come back....although just one of them back would definately help as i think streit will be better without niinima...unless the sratch Streit

Komi is a beast...so Cocky on the ice yet so modest and giddy as a girl off the ice

Rivet continuing to implrove...Souray as well...and Markov is slowly getting his defensive touch back

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 10:54 PM
Shabutie

Hey guys, just came back from the game. My thoughts;

- Latendresse was great, he could've done more physically, but positionally he was at the right place at all the right times. He should've had 3 pts tonight if Ryder could've just scored on the pass he made near the begining of the game.

- Kostitsyn was good; however, I guess after not seeing him in a while, I forgot that he wasn't THAT fast. Played a good game had 3 decent scoring chances from what I remember.

- Huet was very good. There was one questionable goal, but other than that he was very solid.

- Perezhogin...The guy is so much better with Johnson and Bonk. Very happy that Guy switched him back there.

- Niinimaa, the guy scares the **** out of me when he's behind the net with the puck. Other than that he looked fairly solid...though not top 6.

- Ryder to me looked fairly invisible. He had one scoring chance that I'm not sure how he missed (Gerber is so bad), from a pass by Gui from behind the net.

- Penalties.... Is it just me or every time we pick up a little momentum, we get penalized?

Overall we played a very good road game I thought, but penalties could have cost us the game. I found it funny that once again Habs fans made more noise at the game than the Sens' fans.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 10:55 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
i think the most important thing is that we bounce back after losses...

we start slow but come 3rd period we come out flying (meaning our coaching is doing their job)

Kosty is awsome...
Perogy should stay on the 3rd...Thats where he shines...and shouldnt be seen as a shaft to him...our 3rd line is probably our most important line most games...

i dont see a prob with shifting Tender back to the 4th when Higgins comes back...he's gonna have to realise that kostytsin and Perogy have paid their dues

Niinima is autrocious....cant wait for dandy and cube to come back....although just one of them back would definately help as i think streit will be better without niinima...unless the sratch Streit

Komi is a beast...so Cocky on the ice yet so modest and giddy as a girl off the iceRivet continuing to implrove...Souray as well...and Markov is slowly getting his defensive touch back
yeah he was so nervous and excited in that interview

Old
11-13-2006, 10:57 PM
TroyM

I agree that Gui on the 4th isn't that bad an idea.

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder
Kostitsyn - Kovalev - Samsonov
Perezhogin - Bonk - Johnson
Begin - Plekanec - Latendresse

Give Lats some PP time to stand in front of the net, I think that would be the most solid line up we've iced yet this year personally if Gui can play solid defence along with Plekanec and Begin.

Putting him on the fourth isn't necessarily a punishment, he's playing great but, it's a matter of making room for the others as well. If Kosty struggles, there's always the option to sned him back to Hamilton as well.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I found it funny that once again Habs fans made more noise at the game than the Sens' fans.
I honestly think there were more Habs fans there than Sens fans.

When Komi scored that shorthanded goal I swore it was a home game.

Old
11-13-2006, 11:05 PM
Strazzobosco

One thing really really scares me: the penalties.
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/apps/pbcs....128/CPSPORTS01

And Carbo has no idea how to fix it! (quoting him!!!)

Strazzobosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2006, 11:20 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strazzobosco View Post
One thing really really scares me: the penalties.
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/apps/pbcs....128/CPSPORTS01

And Carbo has no idea how to fix it! (quoting him!!!)
Well, what CAN he do? It's up to the players to be disciplined on the ice at the end of the day...he can't bench his whole team.