HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2006-07 Avalanche Prospect Updates

Old
11-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 500
2006-07 Avalanche Prospect Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Williams to Saginaw is now official.
I think this was very good for his development. He wasn't getting any playing time in college, and I think the OHL will add some more intensity to his blueline game than the NCAA would have.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 09:49 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Binghamton shuts out Albany 4-0. Tyler Weiman didn't start, but ended up playing the last 2:33 of the game after rookie Justin Peters left the crease to fight Binghamton's goaltender.
http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-s...ame_id=1002412

ratsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 12:25 AM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
WHL

Swift Current doubles up Brandon 4-2. Codey Burki scored once and is on top of the WHL in scoring (34 points in 23 games).

Everett trips up Kamloops 3-2. After a two goal, one assist performance on Tuesday, Macias had one assist tonight. He's now 13th in the WHL in scoring with 27 points in 22 games.

Vancouver beats Seattle 5-2. Chris Durand was minus one.

Old
11-16-2006, 02:09 AM
Foppa2118

What happened to the rest of the thread? Did we reach the max number of posts or something?

Old
11-16-2006, 04:46 AM
Horsehouse

well I was wondering how big that thread would get.

Horsehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 07:22 AM
Jori

We are closing threads that are over 1000 posts.

Jori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Belgian Fan

Evil Moderators!

(it feels good to be able to say that ).

By the way looks like Macias is having himself a nice year (at least offensively). Good news.

Looking forward to Nigel Williams making his debut tonight as well!

Belgian Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Jori

OHL

Kitchener shuts out London 3-0. Victor Oreskovich was penalized for tripping in the first period.

Kingston beats Windsor 8-5. Chris Stewart was held off the score sheet.

Saginaw edges Erie 4-3. Nigel Williams was minus one in his OHL debut.

Central Hockey League (Nov. 14)

Arizona hammers Colorado 7-2. Michael Vernace had a goal and three assists. Demen-Willaume had five shots on goal.

Old
11-17-2006, 02:39 AM
Foppa2118

Would be great if someone who sees any Saginaw games could gives us an idea of how Williams overall game looks. I'm sure most of us are curious how his development will go.

Old
11-17-2006, 06:25 AM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

From today's Schenectady Gazette: Defenseman Boychuk gets chance to move back to forward

Old
11-17-2006, 07:53 AM
Jori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Would be great if someone who sees any Saginaw games could gives us an idea of how Williams overall game looks. I'm sure most of us are curious how his development will go.
I imagine it will be a shaky start for him, considering his lack of playing time at Wisconsin.

Old
11-17-2006, 07:57 AM
Jori

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsgirl View Post
This will be an interesting story to follow.

Old
11-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
This will be an interesting story to follow.
I don't really like this move. I'd like to see Boychuk make the Avs as a defenseman more than a forward. I don't see him getting a start over guys like McCormick or Rycroft and Laaksonen if the later two are here next year, which I would like to see.

Old
11-17-2006, 08:42 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
I don't really like this move. I'd like to see Boychuk make the Avs as a defenseman more than a forward. I don't see him getting a start over guys like McCormick or Rycroft and Laaksonen if the later two are here next year, which I would like to see.
I think it's more towards building versatility, much like how we used Boughner at forward and D last year.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of the Cleric View Post
I think it's more towards building versatility, much like how we used Boughner at forward and D last year.
Yea, but Boughner was a vet, and Boychuk is still developing his game. This could really hurt that development. I don't really see him being more than a 4th line engergy guy at forward, so why make the change now for such a small role. Unless he has no chance at making the NHL as a defenseman, which I was under the impression that he looked much better in camp there, I don't think this is a good move for him.

I was never really a fan of this type of move anyway. It always seems to end up putting the team in a position where they will play him at forward for a while, and then a defenseman goes down, and they remember that he can play D too so they stick him there for a while, and he just bounces back and forth and never really progresses but just ends up playing mediocre in both positions. Messier was able to develop into a good checking forward after some consistent time in that position, but I get the feeling he wouldn't have been able to stick with a team in this new NHL.

Old
11-17-2006, 10:57 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Tyler Weiman made 28 saves (20 in the first period alone) but lost for the first time in November as Syracuse beat Albany 4-2.
http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-s...ame_id=1002418

Old
11-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Jori

OHL

Plymouth beats Saginaw 7-3. Nigel Williams scored his first OHL goal and was plus one for the game.

Owen Sound trips up Kitchener 2-1. Victor Oreskovich was minus one.

Kingston thumps Sarnia 7-2. Chris Stewart had a goal and an assist. He also had a fight in the second period.

WHL

Seattle nips Kelowna in overtime 4-3. Chris Durand was minus one.

Tri-City edges Kamloops 5-4. Raymond Macias was minus two.

Brandon wins 6-2 over Portland. Codey Burki had a goal and an assist. He currently leads the WHL in scoring with 36 points in 24 games.

Central Hockey League

Odessa hammers Arizona 7-1. Kris Mayotte made nine saves (from 12 shots) in relief of starter Chris King.

Old
11-18-2006, 12:47 AM
Jori

NCAA Report – Friday, November 17, 2006

Cornell trips up Princeton 3-2. Mark McCutcheon scored once on three shots and was plus one for the game. After having 15 points in 34 games last season, McCutcheon already has eight in his first seven games.

Yale doubles up Dartmouth 4-2. David Jones scored on his only shot of the game and added an assist. He was named the third star of the game. Jones continues to lead the Big Green in scoring with 11 points in seven games.

New Hampshire beats UMass-Lowell 5-2. Brett Hemingway had one assist. He has 10 points in nine games, but only one goal.

Ohio State stomps Bowling Green 9-3. Kevin Montgomery scored his first NCAA goal.

Michigan edges Ferris State 3-2. TJ Hensick had the primary assist on the first Wolverines’ goal. He’s second in team scoring with 20 points in 11 games. Billy Sauer made 33 saves, increasing his record to 8-3-0. He was also named the third star of the game.

Miami beats Nebraska-Omaha 7-3. Justin Mercier scored once on four shots and added an assist. Mercier had 10 points during his freshman campaign. He has eight points in his first 13 games for the RedHawks this season.

Denver shuts out Michigan Tech 1-0. Recap

Upcoming Games – Saturday, November 18, 2006:

Ohio State @ Bowling Green 5:05 PM MST
Michigan @ Ferris State 5:05 PM MST
Nebraska-Omaha @ Miami 5:05 PM MST
Brown @ Dartmouth 5:00 PM MST
Cornell @ Quinnipac 5:00 PM MST
UMass-Lowell@ New Hampshire 5:00 PM MST
Michigan Tech @ Denver 7:05 M MST
Wisconsin @ Minnesota 5:05 MST

Old
11-18-2006, 04:25 AM
12# Peter Bondra

Quote:
Yea, but Boughner was a vet, and Boychuk is still developing his game. This could really hurt that development. I don't really see him being more than a 4th line engergy guy at forward, so why make the change now for such a small role. Unless he has no chance at making the NHL as a defenseman, which I was under the impression that he looked much better in camp there, I don't think this is a good move for him.

I was never really a fan of this type of move anyway. It always seems to end up putting the team in a position where they will play him at forward for a while, and then a defenseman goes down, and they remember that he can play D too so they stick him there for a while, and he just bounces back and forth and never really progresses but just ends up playing mediocre in both positions. Messier was able to develop into a good checking forward after some consistent time in that position, but I get the feeling he wouldn't have been able to stick with a team in this new NHL.
Thats what is happening to Brent Burns in MIN. Once he is a RW, once a D and he isnt really showing sign of getting better.

12# Peter Bondra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 05:22 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Denis Parshin

24 games 7 goals + 10 assists = 17 points 10 pim and +4

And his career-high numbers before this season:

37 games 2 goals + 8 assists = 10 points 22 pim +10

Last edited by Colorado Avalanche: 11-18-2006 at 05:29 AM.
Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 05:39 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Denis Parshin

24 games 7 goals + 10 assists = 17 points 10 pim and +4

And his career-high numbers before this season:

37 games 2 goals + 8 assists = 10 points 22 pim +10
He seems to have slowed down a bit in terms of offensive production, I remember he was at around PPG for a little while there.

BTW, any of you know how many games are in a RSL season? I really wish I got a chance to watch Parshin play, I've heard some good things about him, especially this season, would like to get to see him play for once though.

Old
11-18-2006, 05:53 AM
motojime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of the Cleric View Post
BTW, any of you know how many games are in a RSL season? I really wish I got a chance to watch Parshin play, I've heard some good things about him, especially this season, would like to get to see him play for once though.
It's 60 games per, he's halfway through. Unfortunately I don't have any clips of Parshin and couldn't find one.

motojime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 06:11 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Quote:

I also think that the Avs should keep him at D, but I don't get to watch him enough to have an accurate account towards his progression. From training camp I thought he wasn't terrible, but hey...I'm not the Avs

I'm hoping that they are just getting him some forward time to try to get his offensive game going, as well as get him to better his skating. With Boychuk our defense is thin, without Boychuk, it's down to basically 2 guys.

Old
11-18-2006, 07:38 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Albany beats Philadelphia 4-1. Cumiskey played another great game--he had a goal and an assist, he was very sharp defensively and was deservedly named first star of the game. Boychuk had the only assist on the game-winning goal.
http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-s...ame_id=1002430

Old
11-18-2006, 07:56 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsgirl View Post
Albany beats Philadelphia 4-1. Cumiskey played another great game--he had a goal and an assist, he was very sharp defensively and was deservedly named first star of the game. Boychuk had the only assist on the game-winning goal.
http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-s...ame_id=1002430
Good to hear. Thanks.