HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers 7PM

Old
11-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

vCash: 500
On TV it certainly seemed to get the crowd going and set the tone.

Edge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 12:20 PM
Pugs35

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I wondered that as well, but I ment to comment on the Betts clear over the boards penalty. If anyone has a DVR and taped the game, listen to when he clears the puck, I could have sworn I heard it hit the glass first. Now was the penalty because it went straight into the crowd, or because it hit off the glass behind the bench and then went out? I dont know that call just botherd me, as did the non call on Broduuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssss sssssss clear, sorry I channeled doc emerick for a second there.
I heard that too, I was positive it had hit the glass and didn't even think penalty until the announcers started on it. I saw the Brodeur flip too and remember seeing a Ranger pointing over the glass to the ref.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 01:28 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
No, THAT is not true. Virtually every other team in the league will at a minumum utilize the last line change to their advantage. Renney does not. And most team have their best checkers and best defensemen against the other teams top lines if given a choice.

Again, I disagree. In fact, I must be watching different NHL games than you. Most coaches strive to have their best defensemen and defensive players opposite the opposing team's top players. The opposing coaches then maneuver to get away from such a matchup.

No, that is not matching. Renney simply throws Jagr out there and does not care who the opposing coach trots out. If Renney had his wish, it would be the opposing top line becuase he believes that Jagr's natural talent will be enough to control the game.

Well, I am saying it, as that is what I see.

Funny, but when I watch Detroit, I typically see Draper on the ice when the other team has their top line out. Unless said team has countered it and actually made a change. When at home, Draper is almost always on the ice with the opposing team's top lines.

I know what he said. However, calling it "not our game", does not necessarily make it right. There are reasons why other teams do it and are quite successfull. What it disturbs is the ability to have an excuse.
True Blue, honestly, do you ever watch any hockey game with Rangers not in them?

It defenitly don't seem like it at times. I am not trying to be a jerk, but it just don't.

Today many teams assign a D to a forward, if that forward is really hot. Shaone Morrison (sp?) on Jagr is a typical example. Some coaches like to have a specific center out there against another center ect. Especially on defensive draws.

Renney got the last linechange against NJD on home ice. He puts Jagr out there against Madden, you might say that its he who are matching lines.

If you have a problem with, point that out. Don't say that everyteam in the league matches lines all the time, except Renney.

In this aspect, we are the norm, NJD is the exception. Thats just the way it is. If anything, watch us play any other team then NJD, see how often we have a Pandolfo following Jagr all over the ice, at the most you will find a D like Morrisson get that assignment. Not a Bobby Holik beeing out there against 68 at all times.

With NJD's tactics, they give up the play against us for 25 minutes per night, they let us run the show. They let Renney decide when they are playing Elias. If Renney don't want Elias out there with 1 minute to go in a period, he just puts 68 on the ice. It worked for them last year in the PO's for one game before JJ went down. Lets see how it will work in the future.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 01:38 PM
NYRaNgErS99112

Send a message via AIM to NYRaNgErS99112
What a game. To make a comeback in the fashion that the Rangers did is always special but it made it even better that it was against the Devils especially since they usually do not give up leads. Does anyone have a video of the 1:30 when the goals were scored? I dont mean highlights, I mean a clip from when the first goal was scored to when Shanahan's was.

NYRaNgErS99112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 01:59 PM
Fletch

I believe, ola...

that TB has stated in the past that Renney needs to keep Jagr away from Madden, thus criticizing Renney's 'matching', but at the same time, from last year and often this year, Renney doesn't care who he throws Jagr out there against, or so it appears. He's going to put him out there every 2-3 shifts. If he has the line change, he'll throw out whomever, for the most part. That was Sather's philosophy too, as Sather didn't believe in matching, and I believe he so stated. And if Renney purposely matches, more often than not there is no rhyme or reason since he's matches differently so often, almost as if he's not matching at all.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 02:11 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
True Blue, honestly, do you ever watch any hockey game with Rangers not in them?

It defenitly don't seem like it at times. I am not trying to be a jerk, but it just don't.
Nope...not one other team do I watch.
Quote:
Today many teams assign a D to a forward, if that forward is really hot. Shaone Morrison (sp?) on Jagr is a typical example. Some coaches like to have a specific center out there against another center ect. Especially on defensive draws.
And typically there are defensive forwards that join such defensemen.
Quote:
Renney got the last linechange against NJD on home ice. He puts Jagr out there against Madden, you might say that its he who are matching lines.
That is not matching lines. That is simply putting out your player, regardless of the situation or whom the other team has on the ice.
Quote:
Don't say that everyteam in the league matches lines all the time, except Renney.
But that is exactly what I am saying. Except for the "all the time" part. But, yes, other team's coaches typically try to match lines as it puts their players into better positions. Or AT A MINIMUM, they utilize the last line change when at home, to their advantage. NO ONE allows the opposing team to come into their building and dictate the matchups for the game. No one but the Rangers, that is.
Quote:
In this aspect, we are the norm, NJD is the exception. Thats just the way it is.
NJ is the norm and we are the exception. That is just the way it is.
Quote:
With NJD's tactics, they give up the play against us for 25 minutes per night, they let us run the show. They let Renney decide when they are playing Elias. If Renney don't want Elias out there with 1 minute to go in a period, he just puts 68 on the ice. It worked for them last year in the PO's for one game before JJ went down. Lets see how it will work in the future.
That is not the way that it works. Up to now, and looking at last year's playoffs, such a "tactic" has been a resounding failure.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 04:14 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
I was referring to his call for third line scoring. Dawes could chip in 15 goals getting 13-14 minutes of ice IMO.
Oh, OK, sorry... read the intial post wrong.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 04:32 PM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRaNgErS99112 View Post
What a game. To make a comeback in the fashion that the Rangers did is always special but it made it even better that it was against the Devils especially since they usually do not give up leads. Does anyone have a video of the 1:30 when the goals were scored? I dont mean highlights, I mean a clip from when the first goal was scored to when Shanahan's was.
http://newyorkrangers.com/gametime/recap.asp?id=2417
(orginally posted by KingHenrick35)

That's I know of. What is it your looking for? I watched it again this morning (DVR'd it) The Rangers were dominating at that point two other good chances that could have gone in. Brodeur made a good save against I believe it was Cullen and then stopped Prucha's rebound. Before that, someone missed a pass all alone, the puck going right through the crease. (sorry can't remember who that was) Don't know if any of that helps.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 11:26 AM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate View Post
Sorry but I disagree. Toughness needs to be a team attribute. Orr has no concept of the game. Hollweg, Hall, J. Ward, Betts, need to compete and hit the oposition. Orr is very one dimensional. This team has too many weaknesses to allow him to play. Double shifting Jagr won the game last night. However, long term it may well burn him out. Over the long haul, we need four lines to effectively compete. Thus, I want Dawes in the lineup. Orr is a dinosaur whose time has come and gone
Sorry it took so long to get back. Anyway, I don't agree with you. For whatever reason the last two games we've played the Devils Janssens has not been a factor. I believe its because Rangers players have gone outta their way to go after him, knocking him off of his game. In game 1 it was Kasparaitus taking an early run at him. In game 2 it was Orr dropping the gloves with him. NJ is not an incredibly tough team either. Most of their forwards aren't dishing out much punishment. Its guys like Janssens that can make your life hell. Go after him early and get him outta the game and you pretty much eliminate that crap from the Debbies.

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 11:42 AM
bathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post
Sorry it took so long to get back. Anyway, I don't agree with you. For whatever reason the last two games we've played the Devils Janssens has not been a factor. I believe its because Rangers players have gone outta their way to go after him, knocking him off of his game. In game 1 it was Kasparaitus taking an early run at him. In game 2 it was Orr dropping the gloves with him. NJ is not an incredibly tough team either. Most of their forwards aren't dishing out much punishment. Its guys like Janssens that can make your life hell. Go after him early and get him outta the game and you pretty much eliminate that crap from the Debbies.
It's fine to disagree. Last night was a better example of why Orr should not play. In games like last night, more offense from the bottom two lines may have proved to be a difference.

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote