HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Mike Komisarek appreciation thread

Old
11-14-2006, 06:00 PM
JMMR

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
It was not a clean hit, that said nothing was probably called because he is Mcgrattan if he were a star player and not a goon there would have been a penalty.

But riddle me this Niinimaa gets two for unsportsmanlike for not heading to the penalty box right away but Mcgrattan fights and flops around with a linesman for about 30 seconds and pounds on the glass with his arms once in the box but it does not put his team to a man power loss at all.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2006, 06:05 PM
TheHoser

Clean hit, dirty hit, who cares, it changed the momentum of the game... The Sens had about 3 big hits on the Habs and then, after Komisarek crushed McGratton, they didn't throw many hard ones on our best players.

TheHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2006, 06:22 PM
LilWinger11

I don't really have anything new to add, but I had to contribute to any thread showing love to Komi. He just gets better every week.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2006, 07:19 PM
#44_delivers

komi's the real deal, the guy has been our best defencemen so far this year easily...
i knew from last playoffs his ship came home, the guy's just going to get better and better, he's just a solid youngster, much love to komi..

#44_delivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2006, 09:02 PM
KaptainKourage*

I am very proud that he is a Montreal Canadien. At draft day, I was glad we pick him, but I was also a bit sad and dissapointed we dont draft Ruutu, and that we miss Mikko by one pick.

And the 3 years that follow the draft day, I kept my position : Ruutu would have been a better pick than Ruutu. But now, I see why we have one of the best organization in drafting prospect. Komisarek > Ruutu, and no one saw this coming.

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2006, 09:44 PM
henri2014

Even if Ruutu can stay healthy i think a D that can change the momentum of the game with big hits while beeing really solid all around is really something more usefull then any forward.
Also Komi his a really great off ice guy. On the ice he sticks for his teammates. Its with guys like higgins and komi that you win championships. These 2 are gonna be the face of the franchise for years to come.

Komi his great and i cant wait to see carbo try to use him on the PP. He has 4 pts like rivet and rivet play on the PP cuz he has a right handed shot. Why cant carbi just try komi once?

henri2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2006, 09:53 PM
Habbadasher

Not only hs his defensive awareness invreased, his physical play increased, but he is showing that he has some offensive upside which some posters refused to acknowledge.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2006, 10:31 PM
goalchenyuk

I like to see how Komisarek is devlopping his game ; this guy is going to be a big leader . The Habs were going nowhere yesterday , until he he showed his team what they needed to do .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2006, 11:44 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKourage View Post
Komisarek > Ruutu, and no one saw this coming.
talk for yourself..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 01:20 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by henri2014 View Post
Even if Ruutu can stay healthy i think a D that can change the momentum of the game with big hits while beeing really solid all around is really something more usefull then any forward.
Also Komi his a really great off ice guy. On the ice he sticks for his teammates. Its with guys like higgins and komi that you win championships. These 2 are gonna be the face of the franchise for years to come.

Komi his great and i cant wait to see carbo try to use him on the PP. He has 4 pts like rivet and rivet play on the PP cuz he has a right handed shot. Why cant carbi just try komi once?
just have to bump this back up to the top....Komisarek rocks.

I wonder if his name means commissaire or commissioner. It's a Polish name and I know that commissar (Russian) is like commissioner in English.

Maybe we have the makings of a nickname in that?

Commissioner of Crunch or something stupid like that?

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 03:37 PM
LilWinger11

Just thought I'd add that according to yahoo sports, Komi has the best rating on the team at +8.

LilWinger11 is offline   Reply With Quote