HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

GDT - Oilers at Detroit

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2003, 06:46 PM
Allan

vCash: 500
With any luck, they got all of the stupidity and laziness out all in one go. I can't imagine that they have much left.

On a lighter note, did anybody else notice the announcer screw up the Edmonton goal? "Detroit... uhh... Edmonton goal scored by.."

Old
11-26-2003, 07:01 PM
zamboni

Pathetic. I know this team is streaky, but come freaking on! What the hell happened tonight!?

I'm gonna get a verbal ass kicking tomorrow from my friend whose a Wings fan.

I cannot WAIT until Oates comes in, maybe he'll team this team to not F around out there. MacT sure doesn't know how the hell to coach a hockey team

Old
11-26-2003, 07:10 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboni
Pathetic. I know this team is streaky, but come freaking on! What the hell happened tonight!?

I'm gonna get a verbal ass kicking tomorrow from my friend whose a Wings fan.

I cannot WAIT until Oates comes in, maybe he'll team this team to not F around out there. MacT sure doesn't know how the hell to coach a hockey team
Question: Why hasn't Oates played a game yet with Edmonton?

Old
11-26-2003, 07:23 PM
USC Trojans
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
Question: Why hasn't Oates played a game yet with Edmonton?
He's still working off the offseason rust.
At least we have his debut to look forward to against the avs. "Hopefully"

Old
11-26-2003, 07:27 PM
goldenchild

Well I am calling in sick tomorrow at work so I can stay home and watch the football games. I thought I was gonna have to fake it but after this game that won't be necessary because after watching this game I wanted to throw up.

Old
11-26-2003, 07:53 PM
Allan

Football games? The season ended more than a week ago. :p

Anyway, I think Oates said that he'd been keeping in shape, but hadn't skated for a few months, so he needs to get back into game shape, and get the timing back before he can play. I think MacTavish said that it would be one of the next four games before the Columbus game, so Friday or Sunday are very likely.

Old
11-27-2003, 05:19 AM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
Football games? The season ended more than a week ago. :p

Something calls the NFL is still playing?

Old
11-27-2003, 05:49 AM
LawnDemon

worst player on the ice: CORY CROSS.

are you listening G2K? he has been the one of the worst players on the ice for the last 5 or 6 games. so are you still ready to nominate this pylon for the norris? :p

of course, it's not just cross or brewer. the entire oilers defense is terrible. i stare at it in horror and disbelief. it's like driving by a really bad accident - you don't want to look but you can't help being drawn to the devastation.

Old
11-27-2003, 06:54 AM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
worst player on the ice: CORY CROSS.

are you listening G2K? he has been the one of the worst players on the ice for the last 5 or 6 games. so are you still ready to nominate this pylon for the norris? :p

of course, it's not just cross or brewer. the entire oilers defense is terrible. i stare at it in horror and disbelief. it's like driving by a really bad accident - you don't want to look but you can't help being drawn to the devastation.
Easy there big shooter.

I never said anything about Norris.

Indeed Cross was the worst out there last night. Simply horrendous. He's had a couple of those this year.

But worst on the ice the past 5-6 games? Don't think so. I wouldn't be shocked if you are the ONLY one that thinks so either.

Sorry to hear about your prodigal sons groin.

Old
11-27-2003, 08:39 AM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky2kurri
Easy there big shooter.

I never said anything about Norris.

Indeed Cross was the worst out there last night. Simply horrendous. He's had a couple of those this year.

But worst on the ice the past 5-6 games? Don't think so. I wouldn't be shocked if you are the ONLY one that thinks so either.

Sorry to hear about your prodigal sons groin.
hey now... i'm not one of those brewer fanatics either. if the team could deal him for a decent return i wouldn't set up a weeping shrine. but i will always rank him a number of rungs up the ladder when compared to the likes of fergy and cross. however, if i could put steve staios in all 6 defense positions i would.

and i will concede that horcoff is regularly the worst player on the ice - much worse than cross. at the same time, cross has been in the running for worst player on the ice more games than not this year. it isn't saying much that he regularly edges out the competition (ferguson, brewer, horcoff, laraque, chimera). being better than those guys on any given night this season is like being the best looking guy at a star trek convention. whoopee...

Old
11-27-2003, 09:04 AM
goldenchild

one thing I thought was that Conklin looked fatigued a lot of rebounds, he was out of position a lot, I really thought that maybe in the CLB game Valliquet should of got the start. With a back to back and coming off a draining weekend it might of been a good spot to get the back up in and see what he can do. Really how much more experianced is Conklin than him?

BTW the lions have made my calling in sick worth it with an entertaining and close 1st half, I stayed home mainly for the second game but so far the morning game has been pretty good. 13-7 Lions the packers will need to pick it up and I expect they will.

Old
11-27-2003, 09:17 AM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
hey now... i'm not one of those brewer fanatics either. if the team could deal him for a decent return i wouldn't set up a weeping shrine. but i will always rank him a number of rungs up the ladder when compared to the likes of fergy and cross. however, if i could put steve staios in all 6 defense positions i would.

and i will concede that horcoff is regularly the worst player on the ice - much worse than cross. at the same time, cross has been in the running for worst player on the ice more games than not this year. it isn't saying much that he regularly edges out the competition (ferguson, brewer, horcoff, laraque, chimera). being better than those guys on any given night this season is like being the best looking guy at a star trek convention. whoopee...
Cross has been the worst player on the ice more games than not this season????? So what you are saying is that Cory is the worst player on the for more than half the Oiler games this season? I wonder how that would do on a poll here?.......LOL!

My head spinnith!!!

You were not kidding when you had a major "hate on" for the guy. To the point where it's actually skewed your (once logical) thinking.

Before we lose total respect for each other.........let's agree to disagree on this one.....

sheeeeesh....

Old
11-27-2003, 10:18 AM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Cross has been the worst player on the ice more games than not this season????? So what you are saying is that Cory is the worst player on the for more than half the Oiler games this season? I wonder how that would do on a poll here?.......LOL!

My head spinnith!!!

You were not kidding when you had a major "hate on" for the guy. To the point where it's actually skewed your (once logical) thinking.

Before we lose total respect for each other.........let's agree to disagree on this one.....

sheeeeesh....
*cough* *cough*

only "half reading" posts there G2K? i wrote that "cross has been in the running for worst player on the ice more games than not this season". that means that he would be in the running for a "3 onions" nomination more often than a "3 stars" nomination (as would brewer, horcoff, chimera, fergy, smyth, bergy). i would only give him the dubious "most pitiful" award in a handful of games. i mean, it really is hard to be worse than horcoff...

and you're reading too much into the fact that i don't like him as a player - specifically as an oiler. certainly i'd much rather see cross on the ice than fergy or anyone on the runners. the guy is fine as a 5th or 6th dman but it is insulting to give him top 4 minutes and to pay him over a million per season.

and speaking of irrational "hate-ons"... shall we meander over to one of your anti-brewer rants? i mean, i'll agree that brewer has been in the running for worst player on the ice more often than not this season but you take it to a pretty special level in criticizing him. just an observation...

Old
11-27-2003, 11:46 AM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
*cough* *cough*

only "half reading" posts there G2K? i wrote that "cross has been in the running for worst player on the ice more games than not this season". that means that he would be in the running for a "3 onions" nomination more often than a "3 stars" nomination (as would brewer, horcoff, chimera, fergy, smyth, bergy). i would only give him the dubious "most pitiful" award in a handful of games. i mean, it really is hard to be worse than horcoff...

and you're reading too much into the fact that i don't like him as a player - specifically as an oiler. certainly i'd much rather see cross on the ice than fergy or anyone on the runners. the guy is fine as a 5th or 6th dman but it is insulting to give him top 4 minutes and to pay him over a million per season.

and speaking of irrational "hate-ons"... shall we meander over to one of your anti-brewer rants? i mean, i'll agree that brewer has been in the running for worst player on the ice more often than not this season but you take it to a pretty special level in criticizing him. just an observation...
Meander away my friend. I'm glad people are noticing.

Just like it's ob$cene the amount we are paying "you know who" and what he is actually bringing to this team.

Bang for buck.........you know my choice.

We know what we both agree on........right?

Old
11-27-2003, 02:00 PM
LawnDemon

Quote:
We know what we both agree on........right?
boobies?

Closed Thread