HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Players Only Meeting?

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2003, 09:14 AM
Nielson81

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Players Only Meeting?

Hey Guys,

Heard on Sportsnet News this morning that after last night's game their was a players only meeting.

I'm assuming this is something that Saku and Sheldon most likely decided had to be done. Good Move!!

I'm just wondering if any media in Montreal has any info about what was said in the meeting ?

Unbiased Canadian

Old
11-26-2003, 09:38 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
Hey Guys,

Heard on Sportsnet News this morning that after last night's game their was a players only meeting.

I'm assuming this is something that Saku and Sheldon most likely decided had to be done. Good Move!!

I'm just wondering if any media in Montreal has any info about what was said in the meeting ?

Unbiased Canadian
THERE IT IS:
from rds.ca....sorry it's in French: Koivu said:
On a discuté du match. Beaucoup de gars ont pris la parole. Ce n'est rien de majeur", a-t-il dit, après avoir qualifié la contre-performance de l'équipe d'inexcusable.

"Les Canucks nous ont dominés dans tous les aspects du jeu. Ils ont été la meilleure équipe ce soir. De notre côté, l'effort n'y était tout simplement pas."

Old
11-26-2003, 10:10 AM
Darz

I assume it's not coincident that this meeting coincides with BG little media address.

Old
11-26-2003, 10:17 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I assume it's not coincident that this meeting coincides with BG little media address.
no BG's was before the game Saku's meeting after

Old
11-26-2003, 11:14 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
no BG's was before the game Saku's meeting after
exactly. After hearing BG's comment I'm wondering if some of the players thought they should have a little meeting.

Old
11-26-2003, 11:20 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
exactly. After hearing BG's comment I'm wondering if some of the players thought they should have a little meeting.
GUESS YOU RIGHT... OR MAYBE JUST A MEETING WITHOUT JULIEN?

Old
11-27-2003, 04:19 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Brisebois said (based on my memories of last night 110%): We needed to talk to each others; when players have frustration, if they don't like who they are playing with, if they don't like the system, they have to say it. we are like a family etc.

There is still problems in this room...

Old
11-27-2003, 05:45 AM
Coco Fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik
Brisebois said (based on my memories of last night 110%): We needed to talk to each others; when players have frustration, if they don't like who they are playing with, if they don't like the system, they have to say it. we are like a family etc.

Claude Julien took 20 minutes yesterday during the practice in Martin-Lapointe to talk to the guys...I guess he sent his message. Nobody was moving (even a little finger!) they were all listening. He's in control of the situation.

Old
11-27-2003, 06:41 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik

Good to see Koivu take some control of the team in this way... if these guys have a problem with each other, the coach, the system etc they should be talking to eavh other about it... These have to show some accountability to each other, until that happens they will continue to flounder under .500, with a win here and there, and losses more often than not. BG did say that he was happy that they were playing and acting more like a team, that's a start, and if the captain can keep these guys on track by making them more accountable than they will come together, and then the playoffs? Well...

Closed Thread