HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

If Senators are not satisfied with some of their players...

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2003, 05:36 AM
Felix

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Felix
If Senators are not satisfied with some of their players...

I've read at different sites that Senators are not satisfied with their overall performance and with the performance of certain players. There are rumours that they may trade some of their players And ames of Schastlivy and Vermette are mentioned.
Both are projected as top-six forwards Blues desperately need. They seem to be a very good addition for Blues if not for this season - then for the nearest future.

Could Blues trade for at least one of them and what could it cost? Any ideas?

For example, Schastliviy was drafted in 2nd round. Matby Sens would like to get a 2nd round pick in 2004 for him?

Old
11-26-2003, 05:54 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix
I've read at different sites that Senators are not satisfied with their overall performance and with the performance of certain players. There are rumours that they may trade some of their players And ames of Schastlivy and Vermette are mentioned.
Both are projected as top-six forwards Blues desperately need. They seem to be a very good addition for Blues if not for this season - then for the nearest future.

Could Blues trade for at least one of them and what could it cost? Any ideas?

For example, Schastliviy was drafted in 2nd round. Matby Sens would like to get a 2nd round pick in 2004 for him?
I think the Sens want some grit, al la Mayers. As for Schastlivy, Rycroft has more points then he does this season, granted he is a left Wing.

Having a lot of potential is one thing, living up to it is another. What have you seen or heard that would make you interested in him? This is a question, as I have never seen this guy play and have found even less on him on the net.

Old
11-26-2003, 06:46 AM
execwrite

Quote:
... Both are projected as top-six forwards Blues desperately need. ...
I can't agree that the Blues "desparately need" players the Senators want to trade.

Old
11-26-2003, 06:55 AM
degroat*

I know we all want to improve the forwards on this team, but let me remind you of two things....

1. Bogie is back soon

2. Everyone in the organization from Pleau to the worst player on the team made it very clear in the offseason and preseason that the team's goal is to BE the Devils. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Pleau does nothing.

Old
11-26-2003, 10:26 PM
Felix

Quote:
Originally Posted by degroat
I know we all want to improve the forwards on this team, but let me remind you of two things....

1. Bogie is back soon

2. Everyone in the organization from Pleau to the worst player on the team made it very clear in the offseason and preseason that the team's goal is to BE the Devils. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Pleau does nothing.
You know I have no problem with the Blues to be Devis. Even more - I want them to be Devils in most of aspects: discipline, defensive style etc.
But, come on, the second scoring line of Drake-Weight and Rycroft is ridiculous. Even if Bogie returns i doubt thing would change in a moment and we'd have a solid 2nd scoring line.
My point is:if Pleau do not acquire a winger for Weight (Parrish, Straka stc.) then Blues would be dead come plyoff time.

Old
11-27-2003, 05:00 AM
dragonwyck

vCash:
Quote:
You know I have no problem with the Blues to be Devis. Even more - I want them to be Devils in most of aspects: discipline, defensive style etc.
But, come on, the second scoring line of Drake-Weight and Rycroft is ridiculous. Even if Bogie returns i doubt thing would change in a moment and we'd have a solid 2nd scoring line.
My point is:if Pleau do not acquire a winger for Weight (Parrish, Straka stc.) then Blues would be dead come plyoff time.
Compare the current offense (w/ Bogie) to the Devils offense. It's probably better.

Old
11-28-2003, 08:33 AM
King of Stankonia

Send a message via Yahoo to King of Stankonia
Quote:
The funny thing is that the Blues had one and traded him away for next to nothing. Cory Stillman is enjoying a wonderful year with the Bolts so far this year.
Don't get me wrong, I think Pleau has done many good things, but I still question that trade, even if it was about finances.

Old
11-28-2003, 09:01 AM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubina_Fan
The funny thing is that the Blues had one and traded him away for next to nothing. Cory Stillman is enjoying a wonderful year with the Bolts so far this year.
Don't get me wrong, I think Pleau has done many good things, but I still question that trade, even if it was about finances.

It was about 2 major things. Being able to affrod to keep demitra or nash, rucinsky, and stillman(I would stick with demitra myself). And they really wanted Backes. They thought he was a first round talent and they didnt have a second round pick when he was still available.
And if they had known that MacInnis was gonna be out for awhile, Im sure they would have retained one of those 3 players(maybe not).

But another thing they were trying to do was change the face of the offense. I think they have accomplished that.

Old
11-28-2003, 10:02 PM
Felix

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
It was about 2 major things. Being able to affrod to keep demitra or nash, rucinsky, and stillman(I would stick with demitra myself). And they really wanted Backes. They thought he was a first round talent and they didnt have a second round pick when he was still available.
And if they had known that MacInnis was gonna be out for awhile, Im sure they would have retained one of those 3 players(maybe not).

But another thing they were trying to do was change the face of the offense. I think they have accomplished that.
Actually i agree with you. They hoped Sejna could be that scorer to replace Stillman. But since he failed (hope just for this season) Pleau needs to add another scorer

Closed Thread