HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Newy set to return, Weiss "braces" for play

Old
11-15-2006, 08:21 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Newy set to return, Weiss "braces" for play

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/h...ports-panthers

Ok so it's more for HG to know her Joey plans to be back tomorrow. Weiss is a little more doubtful but it says now he'll be wearing a brace for the rest of the season. I hope that goes well, hopes to be back tomorrow or Saturday. For the love of Gretzky, please stay healthy already Newy.

Also from the sentinel, some stories on the hall of fame:

Panthers that are currently or will be eligible for the Hall (that have at least a slight chance) include:
Pavel Bure
John Vanbiesbrouck
Dino Cicarelli
Joe Nieuwendyk
Gary Roberts
Ed Belfour
Igor Larionov

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 08:24 AM
Lola
Future Panthers

That's awesome about Joe! The team always seems to respond better when he's on the ice.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Panthers that are currently or will be eligible for the Hall (that have at least a slight chance) include:
Pavel Bure
John Vanbiesbrouck
Dino Cicarelli
Igor Larionov

Joe Nieuwendyk
Gary Roberts
Ed Belfour
I re-edited - the three active ones won't be eligible until after they've retired and stayed that way for a few years

Anywho - Beezer has a chance, but probably his little incident mouthing off as a juniors coach will hurt him. Cicarelli's been eligible for years and continuously gets passed over due to his arrest for an on-ice incident ages ago. Pavel's got a good shot at it, and Larionov does too, though I can't recall if he's been inactive long enough to be eligible this year or not. 'Course, he never really played for the Panthers - oh, he suited up and took the ice, but I wouldn't say he played for the team

11-15-2006, 09:02 AM
wpring

Newy is the only sure-lock, though Pavel would be if it were not for his knee so he should get in. I'd love to see Eddie get in but it might require him leading us to the cup this year. IMO the rest probably do not make it, unless GRob can add to his resume with a Lowry-like playoff effort. While I agree he looks more like a third liner than a first liner at this point, he steps up when the pressure is on which will be key in the playoffs.

wpring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 09:06 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
So basically Weiss will be non effective the rest of the season and going into knee surgery or something in the summer. As much as I like Niewy it sucks that he plays 1 games is out for 2 games almost all the time.

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 02:48 PM
flhockeychik

I went to practice this morning and Weiss was on the ice..although he was wearing white while everyone else was in red or blue....by the end of the practice he was just as involved as everyone else. They were working on the power play and after the official practice ended, a bunch of the guys were doing a shoot out (not many got in..good for Alex, bad for everyone else!)

flhockeychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by flhockeychik View Post
I went to practice this morning and Weiss was on the ice..although he was wearing white while everyone else was in red or blue....by the end of the practice he was just as involved as everyone else. They were working on the power play and after the official practice ended, a bunch of the guys were doing a shoot out (not many got in..good for Alex, bad for everyone else!)
White jersey likely means non-contact for Weiss, that's interesting because it means Nieuwendyk was allowed contact today, a good sign of course. And as always they aren't very good in the shootout, how sad, we could have won a few games extra if not for that. Their PP is pretty good but the PK needs some work. Hmm, rather, they need to take less penalties, the PK is actually not that bad in retrospect, but taking so many penalties will result in goals no matter how good it is. I hope for our sake our goalies are awesome in the shootouts because otherwise we'll never get to enough rounds to find out which of our skaters can actually score in one of them

Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2006, 04:03 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
So basically Weiss will be non effective the rest of the season and going into knee surgery or something in the summer. As much as I like Niewy it sucks that he plays 1 games is out for 2 games almost all the time.
He has a sprained knee, wearing a brace just gives it extra support and will lessen the chance of any further injuries. It's not like a sprain knee is a lingering problem or anything. I'm sure it hurts him but nothing major by any means.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote