HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT 11-26-03 Edm @ Det.

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2003, 07:02 AM
DanStewartFC
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
GDT 11-26-03 Edm @ Det.

I get to see this game tonight on TSN here in Sarnia, Ontario Canada. I am so excited! I only get to see about 10-12 games this year since they switched all games to Fox Sportsnet Detroit. Anyway, I say detroit comes out hard tonight and takes it to the Oil. Predict 5-1 win for Detroit.

Holland, right the ship before we get in the Ovechkin running for 2004 and the Sidney Crosby running for 2005. Fire Lewis, bring in Jacques Demers again and he will motivate the boys.

Old
11-26-2003, 08:43 AM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
I watched part of the game between Edmonton and Columbus last night...it was scary how fast they tied it up when Columbus really should have had that game in the bag...of course, I thought the same thing last night watching Boston-St. Louis...Boston should never have lost that game, but that's another story.

Glad you get to see the game tonight, Cup, and for you I hope the Wings come out swinging. No predictions for a score, but I hope Pavel has another good game in him.

Come on guys, give me something to be thankful for!

Old
11-26-2003, 10:36 AM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

i think we'll see the World Beater Red Wings tonight instead of the AHL caliber team that played versus Washington. Atleast i hope so. Will Cujo be in net? And Whitney may play tonight.

Old
11-26-2003, 12:12 PM
PigPen

4-3 wings
You'd think since we're a veteran-heavy team our players would have learned by now that you can't just take it easy on a team even if they're a last place team. Especially one whose owner publicly said that they "stink".
Edmonton will put up a good fight, but hopefully the wings come out on top.

Old
11-26-2003, 07:26 PM
Boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWI19
i think we'll see the World Beater Red Wings tonight instead of the AHL caliber team that played versus Washington. Atleast i hope so. Will Cujo be in net? And Whitney may play tonight.
Good call JW!

The Wings were dominant tonight, all four lines were playing well and if Boyd Devereaux ever starts to bear down on his scoring opportunities, the wings scoring should increase big time......Anyone else notice that Boyd gets about two gimmes a game, and usually misses them both?

OTOH, Edmonton was as bad, as Detroit was good tonight, so the Wings can't take too much from the win. The Oilers seemed really tired and didn't put out much effort at all, leaving Conklin out to dry for most of the game.

Any word on Homer's injury, was it a shoulder?

Old
11-26-2003, 07:39 PM
kira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhower

Any word on Homer's injury, was it a shoulder?
I haven't heard anything yet, it was a shoulder but how serious I don't know. Man did we play tonight! Glad to see Booters get his first NHL goal, and it was the game winner to go along with it! Congrats, Booters!

Did anyone see the last goal? How in the world did Pasha get that pass to Stumpy from being almost flat out on the ice? Any flatter and I'd have sworn he was a corpse! Bravo, Pasha!!! How do you do it?

Hope it's nothing serious with Homer...if anyone hears anything, let us know!

Well, according to LetsGoWings.com, Homer separated his shoulder. This we need like we need the plague. No idea how long he'll be out...I guess that means someone else is going to have to step in and take over his office in front of the goal. Any volunteers?

Last edited by kira: 11-26-2003 at 10:00 PM.
Old
11-27-2003, 12:26 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Listened to the game at work, sounded great

Old
11-27-2003, 05:39 AM
DanStewartFC
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira
I haven't heard anything yet, it was a shoulder but how serious I don't know.

Hope it's nothing serious with Homer...if anyone hears anything, let us know!

Well, according to LetsGoWings.com, Homer separated his shoulder. This we need like we need the plague. No idea how long he'll be out...I guess that means someone else is going to have to step in and take over his office in front of the goal. Any volunteers?
Great, this is all we need now. I think Booter and Thomas could fill in though, in front of the net.

By the way, Who does Draper think he is? Mike Bossy? He's been the Wings best player on a consistent basis this year. Nice move by Dats last night.

Old
11-27-2003, 07:21 AM
Turner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup4Wings
Holland, right the ship before we get in the Ovechkin running for 2004 and the Sidney Crosby running for 2005.
Personally I wouldn't mind those two coming to the Wings, especially Crosby.

Old
11-27-2003, 07:24 AM
Turner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup4Wings
Great, this is all we need now. I think Booter and Thomas could fill in though, in front of the net.

By the way, Who does Draper think he is? Mike Bossy? He's been the Wings best player on a consistent basis this year. Nice move by Dats last night.
Robinson was recalled according to RWC. I can't believe that we are being hit so bad with injuries this year. Atleast it is early in the year but DAMN!

Old
11-27-2003, 12:28 PM
PigPen

Quote:

When I looked at the box score on ESPN.com last night and checked out all the penalties it had a list of who drew the penalty on the penalized player.
Including his fight, Bootland's name was listed 6 frickin' times. Edmonton was penalized a total of 10 times that night.

18:30 Edmonton Radek Dvorak: 2 Minutes for Roughing Darryl Bootland
1:35 Edmonton Ethan Moreau: 2 Minutes for Unsportsmanlike Conduct of Darryl Bootland
3:57 Edmonton Steve Staios: 2 Minutes for Crosschecking Darryl Bootland
3:57 Edmonton Steve Staios: 5 Minutes for Fighting Darryl Bootland
3:57 Edmonton Steve Staios: 10-Minute Game Misconduct Darryl Bootland
14:38 Edmonton Alexei Semenov: 2 Minutes for Roughing Darryl Bootland

Looks like he's here to stay if he can keep this up.

Old
11-27-2003, 02:21 PM
kira

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigPen
Another plus about Booter...

When I looked at the box score on ESPN.com last night and checked out all the penalties it had a list of who drew the penalty on the penalized player.
Including his fight, Bootland's name was listed 6 frickin' times. Edmonton was penalized a total of 10 times that night.

18:30 Edmonton Radek Dvorak: 2 Minutes for Roughing Darryl Bootland
1:35 Edmonton Ethan Moreau: 2 Minutes for Unsportsmanlike Conduct of Darryl Bootland
3:57 Edmonton Steve Staios: 2 Minutes for Crosschecking Darryl Bootland
3:57 Edmonton Steve Staios: 5 Minutes for Fighting Darryl Bootland
3:57 Edmonton Steve Staios: 10-Minute Game Misconduct Darryl Bootland
14:38 Edmonton Alexei Semenov: 2 Minutes for Roughing Darryl Bootland

Looks like he's here to stay if he can keep this up.
I think it's rather cool myself...we haven't had someone this feisty for a long time...I think he's gonna stay.

What a move by Pavel last night on the last goal...amazing how he had the presence of mind to find Stumpy and get it to him. I don't know how he does it...magician is putting it mildly sometimes.

Old
11-27-2003, 03:44 PM
garry1221

Send a message via AIM to garry1221
Quote:
I think it's rather cool myself...we haven't had someone this feisty for a long time...I think he's gonna stay.

What a move by Pavel last night on the last goal...amazing how he had the presence of mind to find Stumpy and get it to him. I don't know how he does it...magician is putting it mildly sometimes.
feisty, it's only been since avery....but someone who can back it up too, reminds me of a younger mac, i like what im seeing, hope we continue to see more of it... might make for an interesting situation come trade deadline

Old
11-27-2003, 04:37 PM
Turner

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry1221
feisty, it's only been since avery....but someone who can back it up too, reminds me of a younger mac, i like what im seeing, hope we continue to see more of it... might make for an interesting situation come trade deadline
I hope that he is more of a Mac than he is Avery. Avery would just run his mouth and would have never thrown with Staios. I am starting to really get concerned about the number of hits and slashes that Yzerman is taking. Did you see the NASTY two hander that Conklin gave him? A couple more of those and he will be missing games.

BTW I love how on everybody gets on Arankys, but gets all excited when we get someone with some grit.

Old
11-27-2003, 04:54 PM
PigPen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner
I hope that he is more of a Mac than he is Avery. Avery would just run his mouth and would have never thrown with Staios. I am starting to really get concerned about the number of hits and slashes that Yzerman is taking. Did you see the NASTY two hander that Conklin gave him? A couple more of those and he will be missing games.

BTW I love how on everybody gets on Arankys, but gets all excited when we get someone with some grit.
The thing is, Arankys wants the wings to fill a roster spot with a guy like Eric Godard or Reed Lowe. The stereotypical goon who can't do anything BUT fight. That's why people jump on Arankys' back around here with his annoying little threads about why our players don't get attacked more.

Now as to why people get excited about Bootland around here...

Bootland is a 22 year old rookie who hits, sticks up for his teammates, fights, agitates and plays a solid overall game. To go with that, he's got a good set of hands and knows what to do at the right time. His skating is only average, but that's something he's improved every year since his draft year. Bootland could turn into a good, tough 3rd line winger in the NHL with a little time.

I won't even compare him to Avery who is really nothing more than a waste of space as much as I hate to admit it. He'd get himself into a lot of trouble by running his mouth and by taking stupid penalties.
I can only think of 2 minor penalties where he [Bootland] didn't drag somebody off the ice with him thus far; The dive that was called against edmonton and a high stick a week or so ago.

Old
11-27-2003, 05:20 PM
Turner

Quote:
Now as to why people get excited about Bootland around here...

Bootland is a 22 year old rookie who hits, sticks up for his teammates, fights, agitates and plays a solid overall game. To go with that, he's got a good set of hands and knows what to do at the right time. His skating is only average, but that's something he's improved every year since his draft year. Bootland could turn into a good, tough 3rd line winger in the NHL with a little time.
I get why people like the kid it is not hard to see why, I just think that it is funny when people like Kira says the Wings "just use thier brains out there" and then says it is "great to have someone feisty game". Bootland seems like a good kid, with the right attitude and is more than willing to do the dirty work. Bootland also seems to all ways be in the right place at the right time. He, along with Thomas, has been a very good and have provided the grit that we desperately need.

[QUOTE=PigPen]
I won't even compare him to Avery who is really nothing more than a waste of space as much as I hate to admit it. He'd get himself into a lot of trouble by running his mouth and by taking stupid penalties.
QUOTE]

Yep pretty much. Avery is a freaking punk who is going to get himself killed someday. That was a cheap ass dive to me, it was up around his shoulder and he isn't a great skater who simply lost his balance.

Old
11-27-2003, 07:09 PM
Boomhower

Quote:
I hope that he is more of a Mac than he is Avery. Avery would just run his mouth and would have never thrown with Staios.
You really thought he wanted to go with Staios?
Can't agree with you on this one. Staios cross-checked Bootland and tried to get him to go, Bootland declined.......than Staios chased him down the ice and finally got Bootland to fight. This BTW followed a flat out cowardly display, which you don't mention...... Moreau called Bootland out with a fair challenge, and Bootland became a non-fighter in a hurry.

Old
11-28-2003, 12:36 AM
kira

The thing that is good about Booter's feisty side is that it's feisty with a healthy dose of smarts. I don't know if you caught the interview last night after the game, but Booter said he specifically harassed certain defensemen to get them to take penalties so he could get them off the ice and open up the power play for the Wings...which thinking worked like a charm.

He's not like Sean Avery was, taking stupid penalties...he's going to take someone with him if he goes...but he's going to make sure he sends someone off and doesn't go himself. That's smart. He knows what he's doing, believe me.

Old
11-28-2003, 07:11 PM
Turner

Quote:
You really thought he wanted to go with Staios?
Can't agree with you on this one. Staios cross-checked Bootland and tried to get him to go, Bootland declined.......than Staios chased him down the ice and finally got Bootland to fight. This BTW followed a flat out cowardly display, which you don't mention...... Moreau called Bootland out with a fair challenge, and Bootland became a non-fighter in a hurry.
I never said that he WANTED to go with Staios, I just said that he did and Avery wouldn't have. Bootland has turned down far to many chances for my taste but according to a poster at RWC he was told that IF he went with anyone it HAD to be a D man.

Old
11-28-2003, 07:16 PM
PigPen

Quote:
I never said that he WANTED to go with Staios, I just said that he did and Avery wouldn't have. Bootland has turned down far to many chances for my taste but according to a poster at RWC he was told that IF he went with anyone it HAD to be a D man.
Yeah, he said that in an interview that was aired after the game. What I don't get is why so many people jump on his back for not fighting Moreau and Dvorak but really, what would that have done for Booter aside from put him in the box for 5 minutes? He wants to get some ice time and play. He may not win many footraces against players who aren't named Robataille but that really doesn't matter. Booter wants to show he can contribute something other than toughness and PIM's. So far he's done a very good job.

Old
11-28-2003, 07:30 PM
Turner

Quote:
Yeah, he said that in an interview that was aired after the game. What I don't get is why so many people jump on his back for not fighting Moreau and Dvorak but really, what would that have done for Booter aside from put him in the box for 5 minutes? He wants to get some ice time and play. He may not win many footraces against players who aren't named Robataille but that really doesn't matter. Booter wants to show he can contribute something other than toughness and PIM's. So far he's done a very good job.
I just don't like the cheapness that goes on with turning down a scrap but at the same time I understand that the kid is going to do what the coaches tell him to do. Really I think MORE people would be getting on him for fighting Dvorak. To me he still seems like a good kid and I like him I really do, I just wish he was a little bigger and a little better at scrapping.

Old
11-28-2003, 07:57 PM
kira

Quote:
I just don't like the cheapness that goes on with turning down a scrap but at the same time I understand that the kid is going to do what the coaches tell him to do. Really I think MORE people would be getting on him for fighting Dvorak. To me he still seems like a good kid and I like him I really do, I just wish he was a little bigger and a little better at scrapping.
That comes with time and experience, dear...you should know that. Give him time and he'll be a lot smarter, a lot more savvy and more experienced.

Old
11-28-2003, 09:01 PM
Boomhower

Quote:
When does pride come into it than?
No matter what a coach tells you, if the game is 4-0(or whatever) in the 3rd period and somebody drops the gloves and grabs on.......you've got to atleast drop the gloves and try to tie the guy up. I'm sure nobody in the Wings dressing room has any respect for Bootland. I laugh at the amount of compliments he gets on these boards, he hasn't done anything and is a below average skater. People are treating Bootland like a newborn baby...... amazed even when he preforms the simplest of tasks.

Old
11-29-2003, 06:57 AM
Turner

Quote:
When does pride come into it than?
No matter what a coach tells you, if the game is 4-0(or whatever) in the 3rd period and somebody drops the gloves and grabs on.......you've got to atleast drop the gloves and try to tie the guy up. I'm sure nobody in the Wings dressing room has any respect for Bootland. I laugh at the amount of compliments he gets on these boards, he hasn't done anything and is a below average skater. People are treating Bootland like a newborn baby...... amazed even when he preforms the simplest of tasks.
Hey my friend you are preaching to the choir. I said that he has turned down far too many chances for my taste but all in all he seems like a good kid. The other thing is though if you are trying to win a roster spot you HAD better be doing what the coaches are telling you to do. That said I don't see Mac (for all you people that hate him) turning down fights like that. I would prefer Mac in the line up over Bootland, maybe Mac doesn't draw the penalties but he doesn't back down either.

My real dream is for them to get someone like Cairns or even Godard for the heavy lifting. Then Bootland could stay instigating, but have some protection from the fighters that are WAY out of his league.

Closed Thread