HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Svitov

Old
11-19-2006, 02:02 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

vCash: 500
Alexander Svitov

If we can get this guy for cheap, would you be ready to give him a chance. He has great chemistry with Perezhogin in the past.

I know that he's not the perfect player for the new NHL since he's not really fast but at 800k, I would give him a chance to show what he can do.

Would you be ready to try something to land him?

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
If we can get this guy for cheap, would you be ready to give him a chance. He has great chemistry with Perezhogin in the past.

I know that he's not the perfect player for the new NHL since he's not really fast but at 800k, I would give him a chance to show what he can do.

Don't think his chemistry with Perez would show as the 14th forward.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 02:15 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Don't think his chemistry with Perez would show as the 14th forward.
I would give him a chance to show what he can do before saying that he would be the 14th forward. Even before playing, he is ahead Garth Murray for me.

Old
11-19-2006, 02:46 PM
x-bob

Quote:
I would give him a chance to show what he can do before saying that he would be the 14th forward. Even before playing, he is ahead Garth Murray for me.
There really isn;t any spots open on our forward lines

x-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 03:05 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
There really isn;t any spots open on our forward lines
Well, there's no reason not to try him out though. He was one of the best players on the Bulldogs when Perezhogin was playing there. They've also been linemates for a long time(with Chistov as well IIRC). Theres some familiarity with him, he brings a lot of size, grit and defensive play. He could do wonders on the fourth line if he put his mind to it. He's much like Bonk in a sense, but with a mean streak. With the current staff, he could developp into a fine checking line center, he has more skill then a guy like Chipchura for example.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 03:11 PM
Carbonneau

Send a message via MSN to Carbonneau Send a message via Yahoo to Carbonneau
QWERT...is that you??

Carbonneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 03:12 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:

no... no more rejects.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
With the current staff, he could developp into a fine checking line center, he has more skill then a guy like Chipchura for example.
why? because he's russian?
Chichura has done nothing but show better than advertised offensive potential the past year, and already is one of the best defensive forwards his age in the world.

Watching him dominate at the World Jr champs last year, I saw a player with a lot of talent as an all around hockey player who, given the opportunity, could light the lamp as well.

Svitov over Chips... NO WAY!!!

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 03:23 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
why? because he's russian?
Chichura has done nothing but show better than advertised offensive potential the past year, and already is one of the best defensive forwards his age in the world.

Watching him dominate at the World Jr champs last year, I saw a player with a lot of talent as an all around hockey player who, given the opportunity, could light the lamp as well.

Svitov over Chips... NO WAY!!!
At the same point in his career, Svitov had done as much as Chipchura, playing on a dominant line in the WJC, having success in the AHL, even making the TB squad(although looking bad during that stint). The difference between the two being Chipchura is a very hard worker with outstanding leadership skills. Theres no question who I'd rather have on my team, It would be Chipchura. That said, Svitov, like Kostitsyn and Chistov, has the skills to be a solid player in this league.

Also, my comment about the coaching staff was in regards to the work they've done developping all around games, notably Perezhogin, Plekanec, Bonk, Koivu, Higgins, Ryder(this year) and Komisarek. In fact, I'd say most, if not all the players on the team have improved their games since Bob Gainey took over behind the bench.

The logic behind acquiring him would be to improve the 4th line. At this point, Downey and Murray aren't delivering the goods and I'm not convinced Lapierre is fully ready, he's developping well in the AHL anyways. If Svitov can turn his game around like Bonk did, the whole team will be better for it. They'd have a good defensive forward who can not only get under the opponents skin, but clobber them as well.

Last edited by Little Nilan: 11-19-2006 at 03:29 PM.
Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

What would you do to play Svitov with Perezhogin? Move Bonk to the second and put Svitov on the 3rd? Move Perez down on the 4th line? Swap Samsonov and Perezhogin, Put Kostitsyn on the fourth line and Svitov centering the second?

You seem it don't make any sence to bring him over here...we don't need him and anyways, Perezhogin is playing is best hockey as a Habs...

And if we trade for someone, it will be for a top 4 defenceman or a top 6 fowards...nothing less...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 03:48 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
What would you do to play Svitov with Perezhogin? Move Bonk to the second and put Svitov on the 3rd? Move Perez down on the 4th line? Swap Samsonov and Perezhogin, Put Kostitsyn on the fourth line and Svitov centering the second?

You seem it don't make any sence to bring him over here...we don't need him and anyways, Perezhogin is playing is best hockey as a Habs...

And if we trade for someone, it will be for a top 4 defenceman or a top 6 fowards...nothing less...
You're talking about a big trade. Svitov could probably be add for a pick so it wouldn't hurt to give him a try. If he can step up his play, he could be very useful to the team. Right now, I would see him on the 4th line and if someone got hurt, he could be pretty useful.

Old
11-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Marchy79

Hell yes I would add Aexander Svitov

I already had him on the habs essentially every year he is in the game (save for this year, I dont have this years NHL yet...)

Svitov is one of my favourite players playing on another team

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

I've been interested in this player, since he spat on Brian Sutherby at the World Juniors several years ago (would that have been 2002?). He was touted as a great prospect back then, but at this stage, I'll take a pass. As others have mentioned, and what is readily apparent, is that we don't really need another forward of Svitov's quality. We have enough of them either on our team now, or in the farm. I would rather give them a chance than bring in a project, at this point in time.

The only forward I would accept at this stage is a good second line centre, who complements Kovalev and Samsonov's style, allowing Kovalev to move back to the wing. I would prefer Bonk on the 3rd line, and Plekanec does fine as a 4th line centre. I just feel that if Koivu's line shuts down, we need somebody proven to elevate the Kovalev and Samsonov line.

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 06:43 PM
ohiohabsfan

No, no, a thousand times no.

Svitov is a dog. There's no part of the game he excells at, the guy brings absolutely nothing.

ohiohabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
I've been interested in this player, since he spat on Brian Sutherby at the World Juniors several years ago (would that have been 2002?).
I was under the impression that it was our own Garth Murray that he spat on durring that game? maybe I am mistaken though....

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 10:07 PM
vcx*

Svitov? We'd be better off signing Daigle.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
I've been interested in this player, since he spat on Brian Sutherby at the World Juniors several years ago (would that have been 2002?). He was touted as a great prospect back then, but at this stage, I'll take a pass. As others have mentioned, and what is readily apparent, is that we don't really need another forward of Svitov's quality. We have enough of them either on our team now, or in the farm. I would rather give them a chance than bring in a project, at this point in time.

The only forward I would accept at this stage is a good second line centre, who complements Kovalev and Samsonov's style, allowing Kovalev to move back to the wing. I would prefer Bonk on the 3rd line, and Plekanec does fine as a 4th line centre. I just feel that if Koivu's line shuts down, we need somebody proven to elevate the Kovalev and Samsonov line.

thx now i don't have to type all that..

or a Top Defenceman

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote