Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game Thread: Predators @ Bruins l 11/28/03 l 12 ET l NESN

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2003, 07:20 AM
Drury77

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
<marquee><font size=7 color=gold>SCORE JUMBO JOE!!!!</font></marquee>

Beautiful slap shot.......right thru the 5 hole

Old
11-28-2003, 07:21 AM
Drury77

Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
Terrible D............Legwand scores to tie

Old
11-28-2003, 07:22 AM
Ortdogg

i think joe is starting to realize he can score as well as pass, normally he would never have shot from there

Old
11-28-2003, 07:22 AM
Plan 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
i'm not telling until you admit that your carolina hurricanes are the most boring team in the history of the league
Whatever you say chief.

Old
11-28-2003, 07:28 AM
Drury77

Sammy gets mauled in the offensive zone, then Marty roughs up Orszagh a little and gets called..............typical

Old
11-28-2003, 07:31 AM
Drury77

2-1 Preds

Johnson scores on the PP

Razor made the initial save, and it was sitting on the line and Johnson puts it home............

Old
11-28-2003, 07:34 AM
Drury77

Muzz to the sinbin for slashing Timonen :mad:

Old
11-28-2003, 07:40 AM
bb_fan

B's getting the crap end of the stick on tha calls already.

(And why cant i find the reply bottom to do the thread, as opposed to someone's posts?)

Old
11-28-2003, 07:41 AM
Drury77

Not sure why it's like that........but I went to the User CP and went to options and changed it to the old style....

I too agree that we are getting the shaft end of the stick in regards to calls

Old
11-28-2003, 07:48 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury77
Not sure why it's like that........but I went to the User CP and went to options and changed it to the old style....

I too agree that we are getting the shaft end of the stick in regards to calls
i tried that too, and it didn't work

this period is exactly why refs in the NHL suck. they allow the less talented and smaller team to get away with whatever they want, and when the more talented and bigger team pushes them around, a penalty follows. how often are the refs gonna allow people to bearhug our forwards before making a call?

anyway, if the D played a smart period, those PPs for nashville wouldn't have mattered. awful coverage on several occasions and a few very bad passes. they need to really start focusing better.

offensively, i thought we played a pretty good period. sammy looks great out there, bergeron had a very strong period, and joe has his A game today. time to get the next goal, and then get back to playing smart hockey.

Old
11-28-2003, 07:49 AM
Still a Bruin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan
B's getting the crap end of the stick on tha calls already.

(And why cant i find the reply bottom to do the thread, as opposed to someone's posts?)
Today?

Refs hate the Bruins. The numbers every year are ridiculously lopsided against us.
I'm serious, they hate us!
I've seen 3 obvious obstruction calls that should have been called against the Preds.

2 of the three penalties against the Bruins were justified.
The call against Gill was absurd.
The Preds also should have been called for 2 penalties, but alas, we've had three calls to none against them, and that's the difference in the game through 1 period. It could be the difference in tha game... again.

Old
11-28-2003, 07:49 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov71
Whatever you say chief.
raycroft is in goal

Old
11-28-2003, 08:06 AM
Drury77

Great pressure by the 1st line........and they draw a penalty.

Amazing.....

Old
11-28-2003, 08:17 AM
Drury77

Axi serves a penalty for goalie interfence and then we get a call our way immediately afterwards.

Old
11-28-2003, 08:36 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury77
Axi serves a penalty for goalie interfence and then we get a call our way immediately afterwards.
good period by the b's. honestly, i didn't think vokoun was that good, but we just didn't score. bergeron is playing a great game today- i'd like to see him finish it off with a big goal in the 3rd. i'm sure nashville will just sit around and hope they can kill off the last 20 minutes of the game.

Old
11-28-2003, 08:41 AM
Ortdogg

Quote:
good period by the b's. honestly, i didn't think vokoun was that good, but we just didn't score. bergeron is playing a great game today- i'd like to see him finish it off with a big goal in the 3rd. i'm sure nashville will just sit around and hope they can kill off the last 20 minutes of the game.

lets watch for the trap in the 3rd......and hopefully the b's stay out of the box for the last 20 min. i have no confidence in the pk....is it just me or do axelsson and rolston seem to not be getting much pk time? seems like joe muzz green and zams get the minutes on the pk...whats up with that?

Old
11-28-2003, 08:45 AM
Ortdogg

[i guess im wrong, i just lookd at the minutes through 2 and rolston and axellson have been the busiest on the pk, maybe its cause they dont seem to be generating any sh chances.....all i know is the pk is horrible this year and will have to improve drastically for the b's to remain in the top 4 in the east

Old
11-28-2003, 08:49 AM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Man I didnt realize it was a matinee game today. I have thornton and knuble on my bemch , in my yahoo league.

Either way i hope the bruins pull this one out. Good Luck bruin's.

Old
11-28-2003, 08:56 AM
Wpg Jets

Send a message via Yahoo to Wpg Jets
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf331
Man I didnt realize it was a matinee game today. I have thornton and knuble on my bemch , in my yahoo league.

Either way i hope the bruins pull this one out. Good Luck bruin's.
Can some one tell me if all these pen. against the bruins are warrented?

Old
11-28-2003, 09:11 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrtDogg19
lets watch for the trap in the 3rd......and hopefully the b's stay out of the box for the last 20 min. i have no confidence in the pk....is it just me or do axelsson and rolston seem to not be getting much pk time? seems like joe muzz green and zams get the minutes on the pk...whats up with that?
and trapping they are...oh boy, this is fun (eye rolling guy)

well, it took the refs 15 minutes, but they finally gave us a call. of course, not before they gave the preds 3 more PPs (eye rolling guy)

Old
11-28-2003, 09:24 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
and trapping they are...oh boy, this is fun (eye rolling guy)

well, it took the refs 15 minutes, but they finally gave us a call. of course, not before they gave the preds 3 more PPs (eye rolling guy)
any of the complimentary things i said about nashville have to be taken back. they were an absolutely dreadful team to watch- just dreadful. take a 2-1 lead in the 1st, and then sit back like the hurricanes do all game long. what a bore. nice to see hartnell hiding behind a shield now too (eye rolling guy)

as for the game itself, the refs were flat-out disgusting. marty lapointe was yelling "awful" at them as the buzzer went off, and there's really no other way to describe it. the NHL should use this game as a how-to video for refs, as in "how-to NOT call a game".

as for the b's, well, rayzor was sharp to keep them in the game in the last 2 periods, but we couldn't get one in. again, i don't credit vokoun for this, but a lack of luck in the bounces department. he made the saves he was supposed to make, but got lucky on several occasions. all i can say is good riddance to these bozos (refs and hook/hold/whack predators), and let's move on to a win on sunday.

Old
11-28-2003, 09:25 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg Jets
Can some one tell me if all these pen. against the bruins are warrented?
i'd say most of the penalties were borderline. the fact that it took a nashville Dman to body slam bergeron for us to get a PP speaks volumes on the atrocity of today's zebras (SNICKER)

Old
11-28-2003, 09:37 AM
Jarnberg

Preds played a boring game today guys, sorry. I was suprised by the lack of hitting by the Preds. I'll gladly take two points going into Boston. Very scrappy game, its a shame Tootoo and/or Brookbank were scratched.

Old
11-28-2003, 09:38 AM
DBL

That was a very entertaining game in the 3rd for the Bruins, they played the whole 3rd minute by minute like each was there last. It really is too bad things just weren't going there way, they were meant to lose this game.

Raycroft was great, made many good saves to keep the team in the game, I didn't like the 2nd goal that was scored on him though, I blame it on Jillson being in the crease.

Vokoun was amazing in the 3rd, and throughout the game, but mostly the 3rd. His team sat back the whole period and he's the reason why they did, he can be very good.

The top line dominated at times during the game, when there going like that only a goaltender can stop them like today. Thornton shot hellva lot more and was a very dangerous player out there today, nice goal.

Bergeron played his best game of the season, I thought he used more of this talent today instead of just smarts, does this guy have the potential to be a #1 centerman? I think it's possible, he's very smart, and more talented then I think people give him credit for because of how smart is he out there.

I thought the Bruins were clearly the better team out there, but it just wasn't there game. 3 losses in the row now, they should be real hungry to start out strong next game for a win.

Old
11-28-2003, 09:38 AM
BruinFan42

Quote:
i'd say most of the penalties were borderline. the fact that it took a nashville Dman to body slam bergeron for us to get a PP speaks volumes on the atrocity of today's zebras (SNICKER)

That officiating was pathetic today. I really hope the refs are relieved their bets in Reno are going to stand up.

We have the least amount of PP opportunities in the league, what in the world does that say? This is getting absolutely ridiculous, and If I'm Sully, Joe, Lapointe, MOC, and whoever is in that Bruins lockerroom, I say blast the officials and Bettman himself, regardless of what kind of fine is levied...

Something has to change...

Closed Thread