Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2003, 03:05 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry
Nashville at home should be a win with no questions asked.
In no way am I dogging the Bruins and you guys are a good team, but we do have just as many wins as the Bruins right now, we're far from a push over team.

Old
11-28-2003, 03:08 PM
DBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dirtbag
I'm sorry I thought I saw Jillson cough up the puck in the first goal and caught between Raycroft and the post on the ground in the crease on the 2nd goal?
Your right, it was Jillson who coughed up the puck. I saw a highlight of the play a couple hours ago, I am pretty sure it was Jillson, I don't know who his defence partner was at the time though.

Old
11-28-2003, 03:14 PM
DBL

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
In no way am I dogging the Bruins and you guys are a good team, but we do have just as many wins as the Bruins right now, we're far from a push over team.
As far as I am concerned no team in the league is a push over if the team works hard, and Nashville works hard. But I agree with DC in that the Bruins should have won this game being a home game and being the more talented team. A couple errors and great goaltender stopped it from happening though, happens all the time too, but it was expected that the Bruins come out strong and win after the last 2 losses.

Old
11-28-2003, 04:18 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
I'm sorry I thought I saw Jillson cough up the puck in the first goal and caught between Raycroft and the post on the ground in the crease on the 2nd goal?
he probably would have been flopping the same had he been in Boynton's skates

Old
11-28-2003, 04:24 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowL
Your right, it was Jillson who coughed up the puck. I saw a highlight of the play a couple hours ago, I am pretty sure it was Jillson, I don't know who his defence partner was at the time though.
On the first goal it was definately O'Donnell who made the bad pass and Boynton who was left to fend the two on one- Jillson was not on the ice; the second goal it was Gill and Jillson and Gill imo got out of position (actually you could say they both were to close to each other) and Johnson made what looked like a great hustle play. Jillson did turn over the puck early in the game for a decent shot BUT I know he is hurting because one of his teammates said "I think he's OK enough to play". Being banged up isn't the reason but he was hardly horrible today- his game was just 'there'; he didn't show the risk or jump up I've seen until today which is probably due to his deep bruise.

Old
11-28-2003, 04:31 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowL
As far as I am concerned no team in the league is a push over if the team works hard, and Nashville works hard. But I agree with DC in that the Bruins should have won this game being a home game and being the more talented team. A couple errors and great goaltender stopped it from happening though, happens all the time too, but it was expected that the Bruins come out strong and win after the last 2 losses.
well said- I agree, the Preds can win any night (or day); they are certainly not horrible. That said the Broons are deeper and have more skilled guys. But again, the Preds could play them tomorrow and beat them again, and beat the Blues in St Louis or the Wings in Detroit. They are a fine team although in victory they didn't show me what I thought was going to be a physical, fast team. To be honest they sort of just hung on and the Broons couldn't finish. It happens, the Broons shut out Dallas 2-0 earlier this year in Dallas when they should have gotten reamed 6-1. Now the Preds were far from that- imo this was more like a 4-2 or 4-3 game the Broons should have won. Raycroft played well himself but there were to many pucks that went dangerously across the crease or inches wide with openings- but thats going to happen to the Preds and the Broons many times before the season is over.

Old
11-28-2003, 06:41 PM
supernova

I only saw the replays but even I know our defencemen shouldn't be sliding on the ice during those replays.

Old
11-28-2003, 08:07 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH
On the first goal it was definately O'Donnell who made the bad pass and Boynton who was left to fend the two on one- Jillson was not on the ice; the second goal it was Gill and Jillson and Gill imo got out of position (actually you could say they both were to close to each other) and Johnson made what looked like a great hustle play. Jillson did turn over the puck early in the game for a decent shot BUT I know he is hurting because one of his teammates said "I think he's OK enough to play". Being banged up isn't the reason but he was hardly horrible today- his game was just 'there'; he didn't show the risk or jump up I've seen until today which is probably due to his deep bruise.
The first goal WAS OD who made the pass up to Rolston. Bad play all around from OD, to Rolston, and what the hell was Boynton doing?

Old
11-28-2003, 08:10 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Bergeron played his heart out today, but I live by the rule that you're only as good as your last game. Today the Bruins lost and Bergeron didn't finish to give the team a chance to win.

I blame todays loss on the poor defensive play of Jillson on both goals. We have a lot of young players on this team and mistakes will happen. It's all part of growing pains.
Blame who you want, but Jillson wasnt even on the ice for the first goal. Bergeron played great, bottom line. Just because Bergeron didnt score does not mean he is fading as a player. He played one of his better games of the season today. I would be more concerned with Samsonov than Bergeron.

Old
11-28-2003, 09:11 PM
mmmBeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry
O'Donnell was terrible, but Hal Gill just stood and watched the second goal. He should be given a choice, either start slamming people or adios.
BTW, the whining about the penalties is sickening. Nashville at home should be a win with no questions asked.
I'm pretty sure Gill simply can't slam people. He got outmuscled by David Legwand in a scrum in the first period. I admit I don't know exactly how strong Legwand is. But, he is 50 to 70 lbs. lighter than Gill. Somehow I feel that just shouldn't happen. Gill's size allows him to stickcheck Jagr from 10 feet away, but I've given up on him ever using it to become an intimidating player.
Gill's effective at shutting down big skilled forwards. Between O'Donnell, Jilsson, Boynton, and McGillis, the Bruins have ample size on defense to handle big forwards. The weaknesses in Gill's game are annoying, and his strength is superfluous. If someone's gonna go out there and be a *****, I'd rather he be able to move the puck and not be the biggest guy on the ice. Sorry Hal, but I hope its adios.

Old
11-28-2003, 09:37 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
nice to see hartnell hiding behind a shield now too (eye rolling guy)
he wears it because of medical reasons there chief, same for Schnabel, if challenged either will fight. Tootoo wears a shield and has 4 fighting majors and Hartnell has 2. it's a shame the preds played that way, but they normally do on the road. I wish they would snap out of it.

Old
11-28-2003, 11:41 PM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
he wears it because of medical reasons there chief, same for Schnabel, if challenged either will fight. Tootoo wears a shield and has 4 fighting majors and Hartnell has 2. it's a shame the preds played that way, but they normally do on the road. I wish they would snap out of it.

What's up with everyone calling Nugs chief in this thread. ChiefNugs, kinda has a nice ring to it

Old
11-29-2003, 12:55 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
The first goal WAS OD who made the pass up to Rolston. Bad play all around from OD, to Rolston, and what the hell was Boynton doing?
when he made it, it was like AGHHHH....the winger was wide open and Rolston was starting to build speed so it would have been a perfect time for a give and go thru the neutral zone. Horrible play....Boynton also played it poorly, he either slid to early or should have played the carier and let Raycroft deal with the shooter IF the pass got thru. If he did that there is 2 good things that can happen and one bad.

Old
11-29-2003, 05:32 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJF
What's up with everyone calling Nugs chief in this thread. ChiefNugs, kinda has a nice ring to it
i think it's new toughguy lingo
i do like chief nugs though
shane can also change his name from joe dirtbag to "chief dirtbag"... i can be the underling dirtbag

Old
11-29-2003, 09:31 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
I already said that Bergeron played with heart today. He did play with more of an edge than I've seen before. There is one small thing you're missing: The Bruins dont look to Bergeron as a physical player like they do Travis Green, they expect points out of young Patrice and that's why he's playing in the NHL.
Silly. They should expect the same out of every player every night...effort. Bergeron's line created many opportunities, he played with 100% effort, and played a good game, thats all you can ask. I m not missing any points. As far as expectations for Bergeron, how many points did they expect from them this year? I am willing to bet he has already exceeded that and is giving the team much more than they EXPECTED.

Closed Thread