HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weekes and the first shot

Old
11-16-2006, 02:03 AM
LiquidClown

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Weekes and the first shot

Let me preface this by saying I'm neither a blind supporter nor am I a basher of Kevin....

That being said I'm almost positive that Kevin has given up a goal on every game he's been in this year regardless of the win or loss. Now I can't say this with accuracy but from what I remember he gave up the first shot against Anaheim and San Jose and did tonight (Canes as well). However after which he seems to settle down a bit and put in a at least some what decent performance. I don't know what to chalk it up to but my initial gut feeling is nerves and that he seems to be one of those goalies that has to be into the game enough to be one of those that has to actually get into the game before his mindset is in the game. It may simply be because my major in college was psychology related, but my initial feeling is that a sports psychologist/psychiatrist might do him some good.

Can anyone that has a good stat background back me up on this? Fish?????

LiquidClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 06:46 AM
oranges99

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown View Post
Let me preface this by saying I'm neither a blind supporter nor am I a basher of Kevin....

That being said I'm almost positive that Kevin has given up a goal on every game he's been in this year regardless of the win or loss. Now I can't say this with accuracy but from what I remember he gave up the first shot against Anaheim and San Jose and did tonight (Canes as well). However after which he seems to settle down a bit and put in a at least some what decent performance. I don't know what to chalk it up to but my initial gut feeling is nerves and that he seems to be one of those goalies that has to be into the game enough to be one of those that has to actually get into the game before his mindset is in the game. It may simply be because my major in college was psychology related, but my initial feeling is that a sports psychologist/psychiatrist might do him some good.

Can anyone that has a good stat background back me up on this? Fish?????
So, by that rationale, and considering Henke lets in one softy per game at minimum these days....do you also believe a sports psychologist/psychiatrist may do Henrik some good by getting him to be "into the game" for 60 minutes?

oranges99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 09:22 AM
92hatchattack

didnt Weekes give up the first or second shot against Buffalo at msg too???

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 07:22 PM
shoothepuck

He was doing it last season also, and a sports psychologist isn't the answer, he's a porous back-up.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote