HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Huet

Old
11-16-2006, 07:31 AM
gfel2795

vCash: 500
Huet

After a poor start to the season, Huet is starting to look good. I think he was out of shape and wasn't quite ready for the season. i recall him tweeking his groin in the opener v. Buf during the shootout and hadn't been right for the first couple weeks.

Now he's starting to look like last year. What will happen to his starts? Will he still split with Abby or will he get a 2 to 1 start ratio now that he's playing like a starter?

C'mon Habs fans...

gfel2795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 07:40 AM
Nova_Scotia_Vees

i think it will stay the same and that's great we got 2 goalies that can stand on their head any giving night..

Nova_Scotia_Vees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 07:46 AM
gfel2795

So Abby gets the start tonight bc Huet played last night? Is that a sure thing?

Old
11-16-2006, 08:05 AM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

i would guess that Abby gets the nod tonight while Huet will be in nets saturday vs ATL

Habs4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 08:13 AM
BOB the Builder

Huet is great uh?

All game long other teams shoot from everywhere..one-timers and all..nothing goes in but when they screen him..pow..goal

I mean..Theo, when he was here..you were always scared..even a guy taking a wrister from the blue line with no one in front of the net had a chance of going in..With Huet, it never does..it's kinda boring no

Anyhoo..The book is out on Huet and that is most certainly in it..."Put three guy in front of him to make sure he can't see ****..Then, there's a good chance he won't stop it"

BOB the Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 08:53 AM
Nova_Scotia_Vees

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB the Builder View Post
Huet is great uh?

All game long other teams shoot from everywhere..one-timers and all..nothing goes in but when they screen him..pow..goal

I mean..Theo, when he was here..you were always scared..even a guy taking a wrister from the blue line with no one in front of the net had a chance of going in..With Huet, it never does..it's kinda boring no

Anyhoo..The book is out on Huet and that is most certainly in it..."Put three guy in front of him to make sure he can't see ****..Then, there's a good chance he won't stop it"
Aren't u supposed to me busy building Sunshine Valley?

Nova_Scotia_Vees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Orange

Quote:
This is the funniest I've read today. As if coaches anywhere didn't tell their players to get in front of every goalie in the league already ! And putting 3 guys in front of the net means only 2 guys can take the shots ... can you spell "easy coverage" ?

Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 09:07 AM
Boulette Cannon

Quote:
Yes, the book is indeed out on Huet... *sigh*

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 09:15 AM
!nkubus

Quote:
You forgot to say that you need to align 3 moons, break a leg of his Voodoo. Did you read the book?

!nkubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 09:28 AM
Montrealer

People obviously need to get their sarcasm meter checked. I calibrate mine on FARK.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 09:29 AM
BOB the Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
People obviously need to get their sarcasm meter checked. I calibrate mine on FARK.
I'm guessing I wasn't obvious enough

Let me add this

<-------------------

BOB the Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 09:35 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Huet is great uh?

So Aebischer would stop it when three guys are in front of him?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 09:52 AM
gfel2795

That shot from the point can be dangerous depending on the amount/size of guys standing in front.

Few goalies can stop it, Aebischer included.

I can tell you people were ready to write Huet off at the beginning of the season. To express confidence in stopping shots he can see is a great step.

Old
11-16-2006, 11:16 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfel2795 View Post
That shot from the point can be dangerous depending on the amount/size of guys standing in front.

Few goalies can stop it, Aebischer included.

I can tell you people were ready to write Huet off at the beginning of the season. To express confidence in stopping shots he can see is a great step.
The "book" on Huet is hardly screen shots. The "book on Huet is (though this may have come from Pierre McGuire, who couldn't coach a man through a door, and probably couldn't read the manual for the door either) that he goes down early, so players should be aiming high glove side, Huet's weaker side. I've noticed that Huet's glove is better this year, but he's still going down early on some shots.

Screen shots can be defended by shot blocking, but for whatever reason (perhaps to avoid injuries) we don't go down for shot blocks. When you block low, the goalie can pretty much stay standing and take up more of the upper part of the net. So even if he can't see the puck, chances are it will hit him, then he can go down and smother it.

11-16-2006, 12:05 PM
JV

The Book on Huet

Not such a bestseller, I guess.

McGuire should choke on it.

JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 12:06 PM
Nobak

It's been recalled.

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 12:08 PM
Habbadasher

Good one.

Roy said, you need a perfect shot to beat me up high, I challenge the shooter to make that shot. Huet more or less does the same thing.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 12:09 PM
Pascal

huh? someone wrote a book on Huet?

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 12:09 PM
LePoche69

well, he will end up selling millions if there's a new edition after each game.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
You guys really need to drop this overplayed lame joke on the book from Mcguire. It's getting really really old.

If you know anything about hockey, or sports for that matter, Its an expresion used in many situations, so stop bringing it up and concentrate more on cheering for the habs.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
You guys really need to drop this overplayed lame joke on the book from Mcguire. It's getting really really old.

If you know anything about hockey, or sports for that matter, Its an expresion used in many situations, so stop bringing it up and concentrate more on cheering for the habs.
If McGuire said it once, then I'd agree with you. But I read of him saying this numerous, numerous times in the summer. He deserves to get mocked. I say keep this joke goin till the bitter end.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 12:18 PM
LePoche69

Quote:

I can't concentrate on two things at the same time, my head hurts.

And thanks for the tip, I'll cancell my pre-order at Renaud'Bray.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Artie

Quote:

Absolutely correct

A strong advanced scouting department will have a book on the tendencies, strengths, weaknesses of the opponents. Especially in a play off series where you'll be playing the same team for a few nights in a row.

To Huet's credit, he has adapted his game. He challenges more and he's improved his lateral mobility.

Soon there will be a new book, just like there is a book on many other goalies out there.

Geez why are we so sensitive about what is said about some of our players by others.

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Turbo

Quote:

Problem is it's a ******** expression and shouldn't be used at all. Much like the over-used catch phrase "at the end of the day". I know analysts (and politicians for that matter) use these to color their commentary but it makes them look like idiots. Is being accurate in what they're saying now out of style?

Regardless though, McGuire has been quite critical and in our faces regarding the Habs and Huet - he deserves all the backlash from fans he gets until he gives credit where it's due.

I agree with you though: it might be fun to bring it up once in a while to make McGuire look dumb, but like you said, it's not really that funny anymore and doesn't need it's own thread.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 12:34 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip Slidin' Slim View Post
If McGuire said it once, then I'd agree with you. But I read of him saying this numerous, numerous times in the summer. He deserves to get mocked. I say keep this joke goin till the bitter end.
Speaking of keeping jokes going until the bitter end:

Hellllooooooooo! La-la-lahhhhh!

[/Seinfeld joke]

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote