HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 11/16/06 Parlez-vous français? - Canadiens Vs. Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2006, 09:29 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Cats View Post
It's so nice seeing them win a game like that.. and Olli! Good stuff.. (Belfour, too)

.. that whole season ticket holders getting the bum end of the stick. I bought that '13 Best Games' mini-plan, and paid $17 per ticket for upper level seats for two tickets, and then got charged for parking on top of that - an additional $130 or something - and they've never charged anyone to park pulling into the lot, because those $17 include parking according to the massive billboards that laugh in our face every time we drive by them on the way to the arena. Love the Panthers, but that wasn't cool at all.

but.. heck of a game!
When we renewed this past offseason, I received a letter a few weeks before preseason started, asking me to pay an extra $400+ for parking this season. When I arrived for the first preseason game, I asked my rep about the parking, and he told me not to worry about it cause all I have to do is show my ticket, and also I was one of a few STHs that didnt have the parking applied to the total price of the tix. When I spoke to my friends who sit next to me, who have had their seats longer than us, they told me that they paid for the parking and that the team wouldnt refund them the parking.

Long story short, I just think the organization is doing the wrong thing by not refunding the STHs the parking. From the ones I spoke to, some are thinking about not renewing there tix next season cause of this fiasco.

Old
11-16-2006, 09:51 PM
timetraveler023
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
I asked my rep about the parking, and he told me not to worry about it cause all I have to do is show my ticket.
Yeah, mine told me the same thing. Discounts for all events there, too. Went to buy tickets for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and asked if I get a discount, and he laughed at me. Whatever, this isn't the place for that. I read about it, and figured I'd throw my two cents in there, and now I'm spent.

Go Panthers!

Old
11-16-2006, 10:06 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
#CatsAreComing

To keep the general mood bright after a great win like tonight. The Islanders play in Tampa tomorrow night. That's most likely great news for us

Old
11-16-2006, 10:15 PM
timetraveler023
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
To keep the general mood bright after a great win like tonight. The Islanders play in Tampa tomorrow night. That's most likely great news for us
Good thinking.

Old
11-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Ghoste
#CatsAreComing

Great game although I have to take into account that Montreal is playing a 4-in-6. Nonetheless, it's good to comfortably win a game. Nice to see Horton get fired up and put up more points.

-ghoste

Old
11-16-2006, 11:10 PM
catfan927

Send a message via AIM to catfan927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Couldn't edit.

How sad have we become when the sales team sends me this email:
Quote:
Come out and see the Panthers take on the Canadiens!

Just $50 scores you:

Seat in the brand new Eastern Financial District
Full Service catered buffet including food & drinks (unlimited beer, coffee, and soft drinks)
An upscale full-service bar
Beautifully appointed lounge areas
Outdoor Terrace
Includes Parking

Ah yes the unlimited beer. At the last pre season game I was invited to the Eastern District and I must say I put a hurtin on the beer and my brain cells that night. 13 -8 oz beers in a period and a half and though we won i really dont remember a whole lot about the game. LOL Thats why i declined to buy my seats up there. I would have really become the alcoholic i currently pretend to be.

Old
11-16-2006, 11:34 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Unfortunately I missed the game tonight but I got to listen to most of the 2nd via radio at work.

I gotta say, it sounds like we played a hell of a game. It's nice to see the boys pull through with a win. Jokinen really stepped it up tonight. Maybe he'll explode now.

This team needs to play like this every night. Every game. We can win by playing like this.

Old
11-16-2006, 11:58 PM
Ghoste
#CatsAreComing

Just to go back, I have to again give credit when credit is due. I gave it up to Kiwi when his play picked up and now I'm giving it to Belfour. Although (from preseason) I wanted to see Auld get the majority of starts, Eddie has done a better job since his first couple of starts. He was basically a wall tonight and could of had a shutout if it weren't for a pretty lucky bounce for Montreal. Hopefully he keeps it up and hopefully Auld tightens his game up a bit and strings some wins together in his starts.

Oh, and props to Jokinen for the trick!

-ghoste

Old
11-17-2006, 12:41 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnCzeSniper96 View Post
How sick is Bouwmeester, honestly, he's just dominating out there, REALLY coming into his own, even offensively, he has what, 4 goals so far, approaching his career high lol.
No kidding. IMO, Bouwmeester is the best player on this team. His defensive play is stellar and he's chipping in on offense as well. Not to mention I just love watching him skate.

Old
11-17-2006, 12:43 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfan927 View Post
Ah yes the unlimited beer. At the last pre season game I was invited to the Eastern District and I must say I put a hurtin on the beer and my brain cells that night. 13 -8 oz beers in a period and a half and though we won i really dont remember a whole lot about the game. LOL Thats why i declined to buy my seats up there. I would have really become the alcoholic i currently pretend to be.
Yea, you and I put a hurtin' on that beer!

Old
11-17-2006, 02:39 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 3907
you guys really took it to us tonight...

congrats, big win for the team, hope you can turn it around for the rest of the month.

my friend Roberto isnt there anymore but i still cheer for you guys when im not cheering for my Habs!

Old
11-17-2006, 08:03 AM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Way to go cats, thats how you play. Way to give it to em. What a strong, solid game. Now lets do it again to the Isles tomorrow.

Old
11-17-2006, 08:14 AM
FlaPanthers7

Belfour was a stud last night. He's been one of the hottest players on the team even during this bad month. Bouwmeester is just awesome. You can see the confidence and how he keeps sneaking up in the plays or carries the puck into the zone. We only have a few guys that can consistently skate the puck into the zone (we suck at dump and chase!) and he's the top one. I really like what I see from the Mezei-Bouwmeester pairing.

Panthers also played very physical tonight. Roberts was a total pest too! I thought he was going to drop the gloves with Souray a couple of times, they kept yapping at each other.

A great win, Panthers! Thank you!

Old
11-17-2006, 08:20 AM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Oh indeed, Roberts almost lost it, you don't want to tick him off, just another 24 PIM waiting to happen That aside, Jokinen's trick, Horton's passing, Bouwmeester's slick play, and Belfour's great goaltending all had to combine to put this solid effort there and they did wonderfully. As always it's just one win and they're going to need a hell of a lot more but it all starts here.

Incidentally, remember last season when we had the horrible November, we broke out of the slump vs. Pittsburgh when what happened? That's right, Jokinen's first hat trick. Could this be a chance to break things earlier and come out ahead this time? We'll see.

Coming up the Panthers face the Isles at home, Bruins away (8-3 lest we forget), Lightning at home for while you're cooking your turkeys, and then the Sens at home with the unfortunate 2nd half back to back away to Atlanta. But this is a chance to really build some points against teams we have a good chance against.

Time to get on that winning streak and start storming through the East! Go Panthers!

Old
11-17-2006, 08:51 AM
wpring

what a great game. Olli answered his critics, Belfour was huge again and is looking like a solid #1 goalie. Hort played another good game and Weiss played well coming back from injury. GRob is looking more and more like him old self. Despite Olli's HT you could argue the Newy-Stumpy-Rusty line was our best last night as it seemed they had 10-12 scoring chances and got the one goal on the PP.

We looked dominant against a good team, lets hope we carry this through against NY. I hope JM goes with Eddie again Sat, nothing against AA I just think we go with the hot hand.

Old
11-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Acadmus
retired mod

Let me be the first to say that if Gelinas is going to miss significant time, hopefully it will be Larman getting the roster slot until his return. Wrong wing, maybe, but maybe someone else can be shifted.

Old
11-17-2006, 09:37 AM
justapantherfan

I have to admit one thing about the Montreal fans.

Even though when they scored it was loud and you thought you were in Montreal. When they were losing, the bantering would go back and forth, but it was always kept in good fun. It's nice to be able to tease and have fun. Not like other fans that get all bent and next thing you know there are fights going.

Old
11-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Lauser3*

Bouwmeester is the new Luongo. Oh, but he skates so pretty.

Last edited by Happy Girl: 11-17-2006 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Trolling
Old
11-17-2006, 11:34 AM
VAiN*
Infractions are bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauser3 View Post
Did I miss something?

Old
11-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Lola
Future Panthers

Everytime Bo gets the puck I have the urge to yell, "SKATE LIKE THE WIND BOUWMEESTER!" He truly is an amazing skater.

Old
11-17-2006, 11:37 AM
wpring

Fact is JBOW has developed into a top-10 NHL Dman and will be a huge part of any success we enjoy.

Old
11-17-2006, 12:23 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Hahaha, i agree totally. I'd much have Eric Boulton, just like you.

Old
11-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Lauser3*

Actually, I'd rather have Phaneuf/Pitkanen like most...especially since Boulton is a forward and could easily replace say Campbell/Kwiatkowski instead?

Old
11-17-2006, 12:41 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Actually, I'd rather have Phaneuf/Pitkanen like most...especially since Boulton is a forward and could easily replace say Campbell/Kwiatkowski instead?
Boulton is cheaper than OJ. A risk, but a risk that may work.

Bouwmeester is on the level of Pitkanen and Phaneuf. Defensively and offensively now he is on the same level. Bouwmeester has a slighty worse Points ratio so far, but offensively he isn't that far behind anymore. Defensively he is awesome.

Pitkanen hasn't scored a goal yet interestingly. Now it will be interesting to hear what you say about this. I could see you contradicting yourself here

Old
11-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
Did I miss something?
I'm assuming he's making a reference to me saying he is our best player IMO. I guess opinions are taken to be fact too often around here.

I must ask, if Bouw isn't our best player, who is? Jokinen is the only one in the same league.

Closed Thread