HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tonight's D-pairs

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2003, 08:45 AM
Spearing47

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spearing47
Tonight's D-pairs

Ferguson sits.....

Smith-Staios
Brewer-Bergeron
Semenov-Cross

Old
11-26-2003, 08:51 AM
creative giant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOON63
Ferguson sits.....

Smith-Staios
Brewer-Bergeron
Semenov-Cross
I'm stunned.

Old
11-26-2003, 08:51 AM
Oilhitch

FINALLY!!!!!!

Thanks for the info Goon. I have been waiting for this line-up.

Old
11-26-2003, 08:54 AM
speeds

Perhaps they want to give Semi a chance to physically dominate DET's small forwards?

If so, here's to hoping he makes good with it.

Old
11-26-2003, 09:02 AM
woody

Quote:
Ferguson sits.....

Smith-Staios
Brewer-Bergeron
Semenov-Cross
About time Semenov gets back in the lineup. I like Ferguson but he should only play around 40 games a year in my eyes. He is the perfect 7th d-man.

Old
11-26-2003, 09:08 AM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

MacT's a stubborn fella, but thank goodness he finally cracked. Hopefully Semenov really outperforms Turd Ferguson and MacT will have no excuse to sit him out.

Old
11-26-2003, 09:09 AM
barto

It's still a little mystifying to me, though - leave Semenov out of the lineup for the Blue Jackets, but put him in for the first time in ump-teen games against the Wings? You would have thought that putting him in against the BJ's (heh) would have been a better way to get him back into things, see how he's doing, and if he's still struggling, put in the generally-reliable Ferguson back in for Detroit.

But it's good to see Semenov get another chance to show his stuff...

Bart

Old
11-26-2003, 09:11 AM
barto

And looking at the pairs, I'm just a little concerned about Brewer and Bergeron as a 'couple'. Is Brewer supposed to be the more responsible-defensively guy here, then? Hmmm...

Bart

Old
11-26-2003, 10:50 AM
Cerebral

I'm very intrigued by these pairings.. while Bergeron + Brewer look scary at first glance, Bergeron might "force" Brewer into playing a stupendous defensive game tonight! I'm really glad Semi finally draws back in.. Ferguson had a very weak game last night. I'm just hoping that Semenov uses this chance to show MacT what he showed all of us for the second half of the season last year.. it must be tough to keep getting one game auditions spaced a month apart

Old
11-26-2003, 11:02 AM
HellsBells

Quote:
Ferguson sits.....

Smith-Staios
Brewer-Bergeron
Semenov-Cross
Yuck !! Hurry up and trade Comrie for a D-man. Ahhhhhh...delete this thread please, I can't look at that pathetic excuse for D any longer.

On a serious note, i'm serious. That has got to rank as one of the, if not the worst D-core in the NHL. Not kidding.

Old
11-26-2003, 11:03 AM
dem

Perhaps you should be more concerned about the Flames anemic offense than the Oilers defense. How about that 7 million dollar man?

Old
11-26-2003, 11:08 AM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by barto
And looking at the pairs, I'm just a little concerned about Brewer and Bergeron as a 'couple'. Is Brewer supposed to be the more responsible-defensively guy here, then? Hmmm...

Bart

Good point - Brewer has been average at best this year and his brain cramps are really starting to make me impatient. This guy isn't coming of age like anyone thought he would.

Old
11-26-2003, 11:09 AM
Spearing47

Send a message via MSN to Spearing47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
Yuck !! Hurry up and trade Comrie for a D-man. Ahhhhhh...delete this thread please, I can't look at that pathetic excuse for D any longer.

On a serious note, i'm serious. That has got to rank as one of the, if not the worst D-core in the NHL. Not kidding.
Just sharing infos here...

But on a serious note, maybe it's Bergy who will back Brewer tonight...

Old
11-26-2003, 11:15 AM
Walsher

Quote:

Buddy the Flames are brutal! Unfortunately no one posts there so you have to come on here and try to stir things up - the problem is your a Flames fan. Noboby here cares about the Flames, that rivalry ended when the Flames became the worst team in hockey sometime after thier lone Cup banner. Good effort though.

Old
11-26-2003, 11:19 AM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
Perhaps you should be more concerned about the Flames anemic offense than the Oilers defense. How about that 7 million dollar man?
How about that 3.5 million dollar goalie of yours. At least our guy is good enough to play.

Old
11-26-2003, 11:21 AM
Walsher

Quote:
How about that 3.5 million dollar goalie of yours. At least our guy is good enough to play.

Turek? Are you kidding me? That guy is the biggest bust in the NHL at as much or more than Salo. What teams have you been watching. When was the last time Turek played anyway? Oh ya he is hurt - just like Salo. Turek and the Flames are aweful.

Old
11-26-2003, 11:21 AM
dem

Quote:
Turek is no better than Salo my friend.... and hes paid more.

Old
11-26-2003, 11:23 AM
barto

Quote:
I thought it was $3.9M, but anyway...what was it you were doing here, exactly?

Old
11-26-2003, 11:28 AM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
Buddy the Flames are brutal! Unfortunately no one posts there so you have to come on here and try to stir things up - the problem is your a Flames fan. Noboby here cares about the Flames, that rivalry ended when the Flames became the worst team in hockey sometime after thier lone Cup banner. Good effort though.
What does cups have to do with anything ?? So are you admitting that the Habs are better then the Oilers ?? No, I forgot, that only counts when talking about the Flames. Worst team in hockey ??? 5 out of a possible 6 points and you are telling me we are the worst team in the NHL. All you guys ever do is live in the past. Every hockey fan knows that and mocks you for it. Why not just admit that 5 cups vs. 1 cup means squat, especially when their last one was 13 years ago. The Canucks haven't won a cup but they are much better than both teams. I think it has to do with the inferiority complex of Edmontonians because Calgary is a much nicer and cleaner city. City of Champions. LOL !!! First Grey Cup in 10 years and no Stanley Cups for 13 years, wow, what champions !!

Old
11-26-2003, 11:32 AM
Hemmer

Quote:
Why not just admit that 5 cups vs. 1 cup means squat, especially when their last one was 13 years ago.
And the Flames last cup was...what 14 years ago?

Lots of teams have 1 cup.

Not many have 5. In 25 years no less.

Old
11-26-2003, 11:33 AM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
Turek is no better than Salo my friend.... and hes paid more.
Turek is better than Salo but that's a whole other story. If you guys had the nerve to admit that Iginla is much better than anyone on the Oilers, you would get respect from Flames fans but to put your homer glasses on instead shows that you are very weak. Who cares. Iggy's struggling...big deal. You guys were all sticking up for Comrie when he was garbage last year and he couldn't hold a candle to Iggy.

Old
11-26-2003, 11:38 AM
Chayos

Quote:
Turek is better than Salo but that's a whole other story. If you guys had the nerve to admit that Iginla is much better than anyone on the Oilers, you would get respect from Flames fans but to put your homer glasses on instead shows that you are very weak. Who cares. Iggy's struggling...big deal. You guys were all sticking up for Comrie when he was garbage last year and he couldn't hold a candle to Iggy.
The way i see it iggy is the best player on either team. I am an oiler fan and even i can see that. The Turek/salo thing is a moot point and neither of them will be back after their conmtract ends. Salo end after this season so we are off the hook at the end of the season. FYI though i think both goailes have sucked for a couple of seasons now.

Old
11-26-2003, 11:43 AM
momentai

Quote:
If you guys had the nerve to admit that Iginla is much better than anyone on the Oilers, you would get respect from Flames fans but to put your homer glasses on instead shows that you are very weak. Who cares. Iggy's struggling...big deal. You guys were all sticking up for Comrie when he was garbage last year and he couldn't hold a candle to Iggy.
Who said that here? I don't believe you could find any post stating that any Oiler we have currently is better than Iginla. I wouldn't try and paint all other fans with that kind of generalization if I were you. If you want confirmation, I'll say it. IGINLA IS A BETTER HOCKEY PLAYER NOW THAN ANY CURRENT OILER. Fair enough?

And no one was really sticking up for Comrie last year. If you were around these boards at all, Comrie was horribly criticized for his play. So I don't see that argument either.

Regardless, this is an Oiler topic. No need for it to get sidetracked by needless Flames/Oilers bashing.

Old
11-26-2003, 11:44 AM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmer
And the Flames last cup was...what 14 years ago?

Lots of teams have 1 cup.

Not many have 5. In 25 years no less.
And lots of teams have none. Does that make them any worse now ?? No. St. Louis & Vancouver have never won a cup but they are twice the hockey team that Edmonton is NOW. That is what matters....NOW !!! The worse the Oilers get, the more you guys become like Habs fans. We have this many cups, how many do you have ?? It's pathetic.

I wouldn't trade the Flames cup in for the Oilers 5 because ours was the only one ever won at the Forum by any team other than the Habs. And the only one there ever will be. That is hard to believe considering how many times they've been in the finals and lost. All I am saying is that I am not jealous in the least that you guys were a dynasty decades ago and nobody else is jealous for that matter. Get a grip.

Old
11-26-2003, 11:45 AM
Walsher

Quote:
What does cups have to do with anything ?? So are you admitting that the Habs are better then the Oilers ?? No, I forgot, that only counts when talking about the Flames. Worst team in hockey ??? 5 out of a possible 6 points and you are telling me we are the worst team in the NHL. All you guys ever do is live in the past. Every hockey fan knows that and mocks you for it. Why not just admit that 5 cups vs. 1 cup means squat, especially when their last one was 13 years ago. The Canucks haven't won a cup but they are much better than both teams. I think it has to do with the inferiority complex of Edmontonians because Calgary is a much nicer and cleaner city. City of Champions. LOL !!! First Grey Cup in 10 years and no Stanley Cups for 13 years, wow, what champions !!
Unfortunately you have a problem with reading comprehension. I just stated that the Flames have been brutal since that lone cup. Nowhere did I compare cup victories. How do Oilers fans live in the past? This is a team that has been in the playoffs every year but one since 97. When was the last time the Flames made the playoffs or even came close? How many times since then? Inferiority complex? Yah thats it. Buddy this is a hockey forum not city beauty survey. When was the last time the Leafs won the Cup? Thats right they are just living in the past also. There are fewer teams with more cups than the Oilers than I can count on one hand. The fact remains the Oilers have had more playoff appearances than the Flames in recent years making the Oilers a far more successful organization of late. You have to be dreaming but heh, you think Turek is better than Salo.

Closed Thread