HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tonight's D-pairs

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-26-2003, 10:45 AM
  #26
dem
Registered User
 
dem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,594
vCash: 500
Who the hell doesnt know Iginla is the best player on either team?

Anyway, he may be the best player he aint earning his 7 million dollar salary. Hes paid to score goals... and he has 4 goals at the quarter mark.

dem is offline  
Old
11-26-2003, 10:46 AM
  #27
momentai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOON63
Ferguson sits.....

Smith-Staios
Brewer-Bergeron
Semenov-Cross
Oh dear. What is going on in Oiler land?

I really do hope this isn't just a token game for Semenov and regardless of how well he performs he ends up back in the pressbox. We need Semenov playing at the very least a few games.... one or two isn't going to cut it. After this game against Detroit... everyone cross your fingers and hope for the best!

momentai is offline  
Old
11-26-2003, 10:46 AM
  #28
HellsBells
Registered User
 
HellsBells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
The way i see it iggy is the best player on either team. I am an oiler fan and even i can see that. The Turek/salo thing is a moot point and neither of them will be back after their conmtract ends. Salo end after this season so we are off the hook at the end of the season. FYI though i think both goailes have sucked for a couple of seasons now.

I agree with you 100%. Turek and Salo's days in Alberta are numbered. Unless of course they change teams. Yeah right !!

HellsBells is offline  
Old
11-26-2003, 10:47 AM
  #29
Walsher
Registered User
 
Walsher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
And lots of teams have none. Does that make them any worse now ?? No. St. Louis & Vancouver have never won a cup but they are twice the hockey team that Edmonton is NOW. That is what matters....NOW !!! The worse the Oilers get, the more you guys become like Habs fans. We have this many cups, how many do you have ?? It's pathetic.

I wouldn't trade the Flames cup in for the Oilers 5 because ours was the only one ever won at the Forum by any team other than the Habs. And the only one there ever will be. That is hard to believe considering how many times they've been in the finals and lost. All I am saying is that I am not jealous in the least that you guys were a dynasty decades ago and nobody else is jealous for that matter. Get a grip.

The difference is the Oilers in the last decade are a dynasty compared to how the Flames have been. YOur the one that needs to get a grip. What have the flames done lately? NOTHING!!! And that will continue for years.

Walsher is offline  
Old
11-26-2003, 10:48 AM
  #30
momentai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
I agree with you 100%. Turek and Salo's days in Alberta are numbered. Unless of course they change teams. Yeah right !!
At least Salo is off the books after this season. When does Turek's contract end? Not trying to start anything but I'm kind of lazy to get searching around for his contract lenth. :p

momentai is offline  
Old
11-26-2003, 10:48 AM
  #31
HellsBells
Registered User
 
HellsBells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
Unfortunately you have a problem with reading comprehension. I just stated that the Flames have been brutal since that lone cup. Nowhere did I compare cup victories. How do Oilers fans live in the past? This is a team that has been in the playoffs every year but one since 97. When was the last time the Flames made the playoffs or even came close? How many times since then? Inferiority complex? Yah thats it. Buddy this is a hockey forum not city beauty survey. When was the last time the Leafs won the Cup? Thats right they are just living in the past also. There are fewer teams with more cups than the Oilers than I can count on one hand. The fact remains the Oilers have had more playoff appearances than the Flames in recent years making the Oilers a far more successful organization of late. You have to be dreaming but heh, you think Turek is better than Salo.
No. Leafs fans aren't living in the past. They may be delusional at times but they don't say "how many cups do you have" like Oilers fans do.

HellsBells is offline  
Old
11-26-2003, 10:55 AM
  #32
HellsBells
Registered User
 
HellsBells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
The difference is the Oilers in the last decade are a dynasty compared to how the Flames have been. YOur the one that needs to get a grip. What have the flames done lately? NOTHING!!! And that will continue for years.
What have the Oilers done lately ?? Made the playoffs....wow !!

What I am saying is that last year means no more than 1989 or 1993 or 1997. It's all in the past. The Flames were a #1 or #2 seed when the Oilers were not making the playoffs in the early 90's. So that means just as much as the past 7 years. This year is this year and whether you agree or not, I say the Flames have the better team this year.

HellsBells is offline  
Old
11-26-2003, 10:57 AM
  #33
Walsher
Registered User
 
Walsher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
What have the Oilers done lately ?? Made the playoffs....wow !!

What I am saying is that last year means no more than 1989 or 1993 or 1997. It's all in the past. The Flames were a #1 or #2 seed when the Oilers were not making the playoffs in the early 90's. So that means just as much as the past 7 years. This year is this year and whether you agree or not, I say the Flames have the better team this year.

I am going to have to agree to disagree and end all the pissing contests they get annoying. Good luck!

Walsher is offline  
Old
11-26-2003, 11:02 AM
  #34
Oilers Hockey
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Heartland of Hockey
Posts: 1,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
No. Leafs fans aren't living in the past. They may be delusional at times but they don't say "how many cups do you have" like Oilers fans do.
loooob I would like to thank you. You are a true fan and would never resort to crap like this.

Garfield, thank you for saying that. You just unknowingly acknowledged that the Oilers are a great and legendary team and they have one the best histories in the NHL.

Kinda funny how when Flames and Canucks fans fight, the Flames fan will inevitably bring up 1989.

Oilers Hockey is offline  
Old
11-26-2003, 11:09 AM
  #35
The Rage
Registered User
 
The Rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stamford Bridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
No. Leafs fans aren't living in the past. They may be delusional at times but they don't say "how many cups do you have" like Oilers fans do.

Olier fans don't go around asking people how many cups they've won all the time. You probably hear it alot, because, as a troll, you like to start trash talking wars. If you keep coming on our board, and keep saying the Oilers are worthless, then obviously we're going to point out the best part of our franchise, the dynasty. But the fact is, the oilers were better than Calgary in the distant past (80s), the oilers were better in the recent past (last 7 years we've had a better record), and the oilers are better now (check the standings). And why do you keep bringing up how "clean" Calgary is, and how our slogan isn't very good? Are you here for rational discussion, or do you just like to belittle others? No flames fan, in any way, can say s**t to Oilers fans. Your team has almost constantly been worse than us. But it seems like that doesn't bother you, you just like s**t disturbing.

Anyways, ON TO THE ACTUAL THREAD. I'm glad that Semenov is in and Ferguson is out. Fergie has a great +/-, but we need to give Semenov proper development. And, Semenov at his best is better than Fergie's best (see last year). We need to get Semenov back to his best, not let him rot in the press box. I also think the pairings aren't very good. Semenov should be back with Brewer (played great together before), and I think Cross-Bergeron would give us what Ferguson-Bergeron gave us before. Smith-Staios is a solid pairing.

The Rage is offline  
Old
11-26-2003, 11:12 AM
  #36
Walsher
Registered User
 
Walsher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy3650
Olier fans don't go around asking people how many cups they've won all the time. You probably hear it alot, because, as a troll, you like to start trash talking wars. If you keep coming on our board, and keep saying the Oilers are worthless, then obviously we're going to point out the best part of our franchise, the dynasty. But the fact is, the oilers were better than Calgary in the distant past (80s), the oilers were better in the recent past (last 7 years we've had a better record), and the oilers are better now (check the standings). And why do you keep bringing up how "clean" Calgary is, and how our slogan isn't very good? Are you here for rational discussion, or do you just like to belittle others? No flames fan, in any way, can say s**t to Oilers fans. Your team has almost constantly been worse than us. But it seems like that doesn't bother you, you just like s**t disturbing.

Anyways, ON TO THE ACTUAL THREAD. I'm glad that Semenov is in and Ferguson is out. Fergie has a great +/-, but we need to give Semenov proper development. And, Semenov at his best is better than Fergie's best (see last year). We need to get Semenov back to his best, not let him rot in the press box. I also think the pairings aren't very good. Semenov should be back with Brewer (played great together before), and I think Cross-Bergeron would give us what Ferguson-Bergeron gave us before. Smith-Staios is a solid pairing.
Well put on all fronts!

Walsher is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.