HOH: Boyes back sp-sp-sp-sp-spasms....

Old
11-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chippa13 View Post
I think you'll see Chistov with Bergeron and Sturm, Tenkrat with Kessel and Primeau, and Stastny on the fourth line with Mowers and Donovan.
Chistov hasn't played RW much in his career.
Dont think you'll see him on the top line.

I'd like to give Boyes the day off. Sure its a big game tonight, but I want him healthy the rest of the year.

11-16-2006, 12:37 PM
BruinInPhilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact View Post
That's cool, I'm OK with that:

Axelsson-Savard-Murray
Sturm-Bergeron-Tenkrat
Chistov-Kessel-Stastny
Primeau-Mowers-Donovan
I think Kessel's line is the 4th line...or so it seemed last night. I have no idea why?

BruinInPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 12:39 PM
BBFan

Back spasms...the poor kid. They're agony.

BBFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 12:40 PM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
I think you'll see Chistov with Bergeron and Sturm, Tenkrat with Kessel and Primeau, and Stastny on the fourth line with Mowers and Donovan.
ya I imagine we'll see that as well. I wasn't trying to predict what Lewis was going to go with, just putting in my 2 cents of what I think he SHOULD go with cause remember, we're all smarter than Lewis

Seems odd that they would move Sturm to RW to make way for Chistov though. It makes more sense to put Tenkrat there and have Chistov play LW with Kessel. I like Stastny on that line cause he is tenacious and gives them an edge.

CombatOnContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 12:46 PM
Killa Colton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Have you seen Reich play or are you just reading Providence box scores?

Seems like you should just watch UFC man.
I havent seen him play in person. Why, do you know something that I dont? Does he not provide grit? Please enlighten me. And I dont care for the ufc or boxing, for that matter. I do,however, love a good hockeyfight, and they've been hard to come by this year.

Killa Colton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Johnny Bran Muffins

Reich doesn't provide grit, he doesn't fight. He doesn't do anything. At all. Ever.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 12:52 PM
BruinInPhilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa Colton View Post
I havent seen him play in person. Why, do you know something that I dont? Does he not provide grit? Please enlighten me. And I dont care for the ufc or boxing, for that matter. I do,however, love a good hockeyfight, and they've been hard to come by this year.
I think everyone likes a good hockey fight, but you sir seem obsessed. Every post I've seen from you is regarding fighting and toughness. I too would like to see a little more toughness on this team, but its not our biggest problem.

BruinInPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 12:54 PM
hckyguy14

Send a message via Yahoo to hckyguy14
I love a good fight as well, but fans, especially DC and the Fight Club realize this isn't the old days and a fight isn't going to break out no where close to the number of times as it has in the past.

Love it or hate it, that's just the way it is.

hckyguy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 01:03 PM
Killa Colton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyguy14 View Post
I love a good fight as well, but fans, especially DC and the Fight Club realize this isn't the old days and a fight isn't going to break out no where close to the number of times as it has in the past.

Love it or hate it, that's just the way it is.
I agree,but, I refuse to except it like everyone else. Every other team in this division carries a full time enforcer. We have none and that is a slap in the face to oldtime hockey fans like myself! I wont be giving the Bruins one red cent of my $ until I see one in the lineup.

Old
11-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Killa Colton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaner View Post
Reich doesn't provide grit, he doesn't fight. He doesn't do anything. At all. Ever.
Well, if we dont have any grit in the organization than Chiapet needs to find some elsewhere!

Old
11-16-2006, 01:05 PM
hckyguy14

Send a message via Yahoo to hckyguy14
To each his own.

hckyguy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 01:30 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBruinsGirl View Post
I guess it's time to change it again.

And I might be a little flattered... perhaps this is why nobody pays attention to my posts.
It seems that each new avatar is a little more risque than the previous one...I'm worried that the next one is going to need black bars in strategic "places".

ps I still read your posts...it's like reading the articles in Playboy, lol.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 01:44 PM
FONZIE
SPEPATLABFD

Quote:
I think they have to call someone up. They aren't carrying any extra players right now. Stastny, Hoggan, Brookbank are in the minors and York is injured so no 7 defenseman either.

Kalus hasn't exactly tore it up in the AHL (11gp, 1g, 4a, 5pts, -1). I would call up Versteeg or Karsums, but maybe Kalus would be like Lashoff and some NHL time could give him a boost.

Axelsson-Savard-Murray
Chistov-Bergeron-Tenkrat
Sturm-Kessel-Donovan
Kalus-Primeau-Mowers
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!

We should move Alberts to the 4th line and call up Lashoff!

-Mike Sullivan

FONZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Slackjaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaner View Post

I guess you haven't seen him play either. He is far from the most skilled of the crop of forwards down Route 95, but I'd take him on my AHL team any day. He doesn't belong on the B's, but the B's could use somebody with his mean streak.

Slackjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 01:50 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackjaw View Post
I guess you haven't seen him play either. He is far from the most skilled of the crop of forwards down Route 95, but I'd take him on my AHL team any day. He doesn't belong on the B's, but the B's could use somebody with his mean streak.
Seriously. Reich drops them on a fairly regular basis, but I'm under the impression he usually loses, and, based on what I've seen, doesn't have a skillset that comes close to cracking the NHL.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 01:57 PM
CBove1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
It seems that each new avatar is a little more risque than the previous one...I'm worried that the next one is going to need black bars in strategic "places".

ps I still read your posts...it's like reading the articles in Playboy, lol.
Gee Wally takes a brief break, and the board moves from "G" to "PG". H-E-double-hockey-sticks in a handbasket, I tells ya!

CBove1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 02:01 PM
Krejci Knows Techno
Playoffs *****

id like to see tenkrat with bergy, they had some nice chemistry going on in the third after boyes went down

Krejci Knows Techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 02:09 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBruinsGirl View Post
I guess it's time to change it again.

And I might be a little flattered... perhaps this is why nobody pays attention to my posts.

Nope, your posts are top notch as well....

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 02:12 PM
CapeB

Quote:
I think they have to call someone up. They aren't carrying any extra players right now. Stastny, Hoggan, Brookbank are in the minors and York is injured so no 7 defenseman either.

Kalus hasn't exactly tore it up in the AHL (11gp, 1g, 4a, 5pts, -1). I would call up Versteeg or Karsums, but maybe Kalus would be like Lashoff and some NHL time could give him a boost.

Axelsson-Savard-Murray
Chistov-Bergeron-Tenkrat
Sturm-Kessel-Donovan
Kalus-Primeau-Mowers
I'd like to see lines like this tonight:

Chistov-Bergeron-Tenkrat
Axelson- Savard- Murray
Sturm-Kessel- Kalus
Primeau-Mowers- Donovan

However, I want to see serious differences in how ice-time is divided. I'd like to players on Kessel's line get 12-13 minutes rather than 6-8 minutes (What is Lewis' problem?). I'd also like the top two lines to get around 15-18 minutes and players on the 4th line to get around 10-12 minutes.

I personally would try Sturm and Mowers on the 1st PK unit. The others were given their chance (i.e Primeau and Axe) and we currently rank 30th in the NHL. Vermette and Higgins have excelled both defensively and offensively on the PK and I think Sturm could add that dimension if developed properly.

CapeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 02:16 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Nope, your posts are top notch as well....
Thanks.

WickedBruinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 02:22 PM
The Napkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa Colton View Post
I agree,but, I refuse to except it like everyone else. Every other team in this division carries a full time enforcer. We have none and that is a slap in the face to oldtime hockey fans like myself! I wont be giving the Bruins one red cent of my $ until I see one in the lineup.
And the Garden wasn't air conditioned. And we had to walk there - uphill - both ways! And we liked it! The important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

The Napkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 02:33 PM
CombatOnContact

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeB View Post
I'd like to see lines like this tonight:

Chistov-Bergeron-Tenkrat
Axelson- Savard- Murray
Sturm-Kessel- Kalus
Primeau-Mowers- Donovan

However, I want to see serious differences in how ice-time is divided. I'd like to players on Kessel's line get 12-13 minutes rather than 6-8 minutes (What is Lewis' problem?). I'd also like the top two lines to get around 15-18 minutes and players on the 4th line to get around 10-12 minutes.

I personally would try Sturm and Mowers on the 1st PK unit. The others were given their chance (i.e Primeau and Axe) and we currently rank 30th in the NHL. Vermette and Higgins have excelled both defensively and offensively on the PK and I think Sturm could add that dimension if developed properly.
Unfortunately they've already called up Stastny. Well, maybe no UNfortunately beacuse I do like Stastny a lot. I'm very curious as to the line combos Lewis will go with tonight.

What I do absolutely want/need to see tonight is some changes to the PP.

I'm sure the Bruins forechecking and offensive zone pressure style game will give them at least 4 PP opportunities. Here are some PP units I WANT to see:

Chistov-Savard-Murray-Stuart-Mara
Sturm-Bergeron-Tenkrat-Stuart-Chara
Kessel-Savard-Tenkrat-Stuart-Chara
Axelsson-Savard-Murray-Stuart-Mara
Kessel-Bergeron-Tenkrat-Stuart-Chara

Notice a trend?

BRAD STUART ON THE POWER PLAY PLEASE!

Old
11-16-2006, 02:34 PM
chippa13*

Quote:
ya I imagine we'll see that as well. I wasn't trying to predict what Lewis was going to go with, just putting in my 2 cents of what I think he SHOULD go with cause remember, we're all smarter than Lewis

Seems odd that they would move Sturm to RW to make way for Chistov though. It makes more sense to put Tenkrat there and have Chistov play LW with Kessel. I like Stastny on that line cause he is tenacious and gives them an edge.
It makes sense to me to shake the lines as little as possible which means putting Chistov up with Bergeron and Sturm. You can shift Chistov to the left and this way the only other change in the lines is inserting Stastny onto the 3/4th line depending on what line you want to call Kessel/Primeau/Tenkrat.

chippa13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Killa Colton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Napkin View Post
And the Garden wasn't air conditioned. And we had to walk there - uphill - both ways! And we liked it! The important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Darn tootin', WhipperSnapper!

Old
11-16-2006, 03:08 PM
CombatOnContact

Quote:
It makes sense to me to shake the lines as little as possible which means putting Chistov up with Bergeron and Sturm. You can shift Chistov to the left and this way the only other change in the lines is inserting Stastny onto the 3/4th line depending on what line you want to call Kessel/Primeau/Tenkrat.
But Chistov does play left wing. Sturm is also a left wing. So to make as little change as possible, the best way would be to move Tenkrat (natural RW) up in Boyes' place and insert Stastny on the "4th" line with Chistov and Kessel. That would be the smallest shakeup possible unless you just put Stastny in Boyes' spot, which shouldn't happen. Sturm has played RW in the past but I think he's more natural on his off. Chistov has never played RW in the NHL.

Axelsson-Savard-Murray
Sturm-Bergeron-Tenkrat
Primeau-Mowers-Donovan
Chistov-Kessel-Stastny