HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

WAS-MTL rumors, could NYR be involved?

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2003, 08:03 AM
fatmax

vCash: 500
WAS-MTL rumors, could NYR be involved?

Ok everybody,
I'm not saying that there's an iminent trades between those teams but many "hints" (which could be BS) are suggesting that the HABS and the CAPS are trading partner. And there's also serious speculation between NYR and WAS regarding a trade involving Jagr while the rangers have Poti and Carter on the block.

Do you think that the 3 teams could be involve in one deal or in a deal like the hackett trade (remember a few years ago when MTL trade Hackett to SJ for Sundstrom and then SJ exchange Hackett to the bruins for McKlarren)...

It could look like this... a wait a minute, what are the players that WAS wants? I know they want Defensemen but what do we have? and what if Jagr is traded for poti and something else, would it put our "reliable hints" into the toilet?

Damn, I,ve done it again, I began to think and I'm confuse...

What do you think?

Old
11-26-2003, 08:04 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmax
Ok everybody,
I'm not saying that there's an iminent trades between those teams but many "hints" (which could be BS) are suggesting that the HABS and the CAPS are trading partner. And there's also serious speculation between NYR and WAS regarding a trade involving Jagr while the rangers have Poti and Carter on the block.

Do you think that the 3 teams could be involve in one deal or in a deal like the hackett trade (remember a few years ago when MTL trade Hackett to SJ for Sundstrom and then SJ exchange Hackett to the bruins for McKlarren)...

It could look like this... a wait a minute, what are the players that WAS wants? I know they want Defensemen but what do we have? and what if Jagr is traded for poti and something else, would it put our "reliable hints" into the toilet?

Damn, I,ve done it again, I began to think and I'm confuse...

What do you think?
I think you're right : you shouldn't think so much, you wouldn't be so confused.

Old
11-26-2003, 08:07 AM
Darz

the rumors of a caps-rags deal have been going on for what seems forever, so I guess the possibility of a third team becoming involved doesn't seem out of the question.

Old
11-26-2003, 08:18 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

New York Post, Wednesday, Nov. 26, 2003

"...The Post has learned that Jagr on Monday told two longtime confidantes that he trusts a deal between the Capitals and Rangers is, if not imminent, as close to it as possible. Multiple sources have confirmed acceleration in the talks - initiated and pursued by Washington - between the teams' respective front offices over the last two weeks....We're told the Caps have offered to assume $20 million of the $45 million guaranteed Jagr is owed on his contract beginning next season...."

Old
11-26-2003, 08:47 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
New York Post, Wednesday, Nov. 26, 2003

"...The Post has learned that Jagr on Monday told two longtime confidantes that he trusts a deal between the Capitals and Rangers is, if not imminent, as close to it as possible. Multiple sources have confirmed acceleration in the talks - initiated and pursued by Washington - between the teams' respective front offices over the last two weeks....We're told the Caps have offered to assume $20 million of the $45 million guaranteed Jagr is owed on his contract beginning next season...."
Nice confidents...

Old
11-26-2003, 08:47 AM
BLONG7

Rumours... here we go again...

Old
11-26-2003, 08:51 AM
Quagmier

What about this double deal by NYR?

NYR
Lundmark, Poti

Was
Jagr

then
MTL
Rivet
Hossa

NYR
Carter

Logic:

NYR trades 3 players and receives 3 players, all adressing issues
Jagr > Carter
Rivet is more defensively aware than Poti
Hossa replaces Lundmark in terms of a slumping prospect
(NOTE: let me know if that's considered overpaying for jagr)

Was gets rid of Mc jagger and adds another nhl defenseman (to make a grand total of 2) and gets a good prospect

MTL they make room for Komisarek on D, and get a good scoring forward who, while in a slump, plays especially well with underdog, high energy teams. losing Hossa sux, but we have a lot of forward prospect depth.

comments???

Old
11-26-2003, 09:00 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine
Nice confidents...
I haven't said that

Old
11-26-2003, 09:02 AM
TheCrazyGoalie

PLEASE!!!!!! let this rumor go...!!,, let it go. We have suffered enough!

Old
11-26-2003, 09:05 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

from www.tsn.ca

"The New York Rangers are on the verge of acquiring sniper Jaromir Jagr from the Washington Capitals, according to reports out of New York.
The Post says Jagr has told two longtime confidantes that a deal to send him to the Rangers is near completion, if not already done. The newspaper also quotes unnamed sources who say talks between the Rangers and Capitals have heated up the past two weeks.
Washington has reportedly agreed to pay $20-million of the $45-million guaranteed on Jagr's contract starting next year as part of the deal. There's no word yet on which players the Capitals would receive in the transaction.

The Rangers are said to be hedging on the deal due to the uncertain nature of what a new collective bargaining agreement will mean to the financial landscape of the NHL.
However, the Rangers may have some competition in the Jagr sweepstakes as the Detroit Red Wings have now jumped into the mix. The Post says general manager Ken Holland has at least indicated an interest in a deal for Jagr.
After starting the season with five points in his first 11 games, Jagr has snapped out of his slump, registering 15 points in the last 10 games"

Old
11-26-2003, 09:05 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
I haven't said that
The Post has learned that Jagr on Monday told two longtime confidantes that he trusts a deal between the Capitals

I mean confidantes werent very good if the press got ahold of it.

Old
11-26-2003, 09:12 AM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
I think some of us Hab fans have to realize that we aren't going to be involved in any big deals etc. Sure I don't mind making things up but please...every time their is a deal in the works everyone assumes the Habs are included. If we do make a deal it will be very small.

Unbiased Canadian

Old
11-26-2003, 09:14 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

I strongly beileve that deal won't include Montreal

Closed Thread