Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

vishnevski

Old
11-17-2006, 12:11 AM
snakeinthegrass540

vCash: 500
vishnevski

i am from anaheim and vitaly has been my favorite player since he came to anaheim... i was probably like 12 when he got here, so i miss him a lot... it seems he is doing well though and enjoying it over there, but i wanted to see what the fans thought of him?

snakeinthegrass540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 04:47 AM
Simple_Man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeinthegrass540 View Post
i am from anaheim and vitaly has been my favorite player since he came to anaheim... i was probably like 12 when he got here, so i miss him a lot... it seems he is doing well though and enjoying it over there, but i wanted to see what the fans thought of him?
I think a lot of Vish, he's been great for us. I'd say he's our second best d-man overall behind only Havelid.

When we got him my only concern was PIM's but he's not had any PIM problems at all thus far. In fact, Vishnevski only has 8 PIM's so far this year. That's impressive considering he's currently ranked 3rd in the NHL in hits. Plus, our other regular d-men have taken at least twice as many penalties as him.

Sutton has 33 PIM's, Havelid has 16 PIM's, de Vries 17 PIM's, and so on. Only McCarthy has less than at least twice as many PIM's as Vish. But McCarthy hasn't played in four games. While Vish has played in every game.

To sum it up, I give props to DW for making a great trade. I don't know where we'd be without Vish. And with our injuries on defense he's all the more important to our success. He did well playing extra mins, including more PK mins, when Havelid was out too. And now we have two d-men out with injuries in Exelby and McCarthy. So Vish and the rest of our defense will need to step up once again.

Simple_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 09:14 AM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 50
That was always one of his better attributes. Clean hits, but awesome looking hits!

Hope ya like him! GL!

Ducksforcup is offline   Reply With Quote