HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Dee pairings?

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2003, 06:12 AM
semenko27

vCash: 500
Dee pairings?

Hey,

Could someone please tell me what the regular dee pairings are?

Thanks alot,

Old
11-27-2003, 06:31 AM
Liquidrage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by semenko27
Hey,

Could someone please tell me what the regular dee pairings are?

Thanks alot,

Johnsson and Weinrich
Dejardins and Therien
Ragnarsson and Pitkanen

Johnsson leads all skaters in ice time.
Pitkanen doesn't play on the PK yet and they limit him to under 20 minutes a night because he's not used to playing so many games. And that is the only reason, as his play is phenominal.

Pitkanen + Johnsson are the #1 PP unit.

Everyone penalty kills except, as mentioned Pitkanen. Generally looks like Dejardins and Therien are the #1 PK unit.

Old
11-27-2003, 06:39 AM
semenko27

Thanks alot!

Old
11-27-2003, 07:40 AM
tytech

Therien has to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by semenko27
Thanks alot!
Therien has to go. We've all said it but it's not even a matter of trading his salary away. Let him go down again to the minors. Give Seidenberg or Vandemeer a shot/more ice time. Seidenberg is great. I don't want to hear overrated blah blah blah, he is better then Therien and that is what counts. I also don't want to hear physical presence either becasue at least Seidenberg can catch his apponent. Therien is good for one thing. Standing infront of the net and clearing people. As soon as he has to move he's out. So maybe the pk and that's it. He is brutal. He has size but can't skate, can't shoot, isn't smart etc etc etc. Cut him loose.

Old
11-27-2003, 07:46 AM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech
Therien has to go. We've all said it but it's not even a matter of trading his salary away. Let him go down again to the minors. Give Seidenberg or Vandemeer a shot/more ice time. Seidenberg is great. I don't want to hear overrated blah blah blah, he is better then Therien and that is what counts. I also don't want to hear physical presence either becasue at least Seidenberg can catch his apponent. Therien is good for one thing. Standing infront of the net and clearing people. As soon as he has to move he's out. So maybe the pk and that's it. He is brutal. He has size but can't skate, can't shoot, isn't smart etc etc etc. Cut him loose.
i agree for the most part but we have been playing a lot better with him in the lineup. He was playing very physical yesterday (as he should) and hasn't made any drastic mistakes since the earlier season games. I wouldn't mind seeing Seidenberg come in for a game or two, see what he can bring to the table.

Old
11-27-2003, 08:00 AM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
I'm as much in favour of moving him if possible, but keep in mind that he knows he's on thin ice in Philly. Having a guy playing every game like it's his last is a useful tool.

Closed Thread