HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New News around the NHL thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2007, 02:00 PM
FlaPanthers7

vCash: 500
Samsonov is on waivers - I doubt we make a move for him after losing to the Kings and Pens in the last week and sinking deeper into the cellar, but he could spark our offense if he can manage to find his! Put him on the top line with Jokinen and let Bertuzzi balance out the 2nd line with Olesz and Stumpel. Takers anyone?

Old
02-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Nah, Roberts and Bertuzzi will be back, Samsonov is done for.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Old
02-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Ladislav Nagy is off the trade market it seems. Dallas just got him today for a 1st rounder in 2007 and Mattias Tjarnqvist, certainly paid the price. I'm sure Phoenix will love having another 1st and Nagy was very very done in the desert. A trade in the division no less, and I wonder if the Stars will keep Nagy around (pending UFA).

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=288916

Edit: Btw, that's the second time a player's been traded from a team we just played, Avery before this one. Odd.

Last edited by Panthers Rock: 02-12-2007 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Meant Mattias Tjarnqvist, not Daniel
Old
02-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Happy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Ladislav Nagy is off the trade market it seems. Dallas just got him today for a 1st rounder in 2007 and Daniel Tjarnqvist, certainly paid the price. I'm sure Phoenix will love having another 1st and Nagy was very very done in the desert. A trade in the division no less, and I wonder if the Stars will keep Nagy around (pending UFA).

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=...ticleid=288916
With the injuries to Morrow, Lindros and Barnaby, I was expecting them to make a move; however I am surprised that Phoenix was willing to make a trade within their division.

Old
02-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Ray Emery received a 3 game suspension today for his vicious slash against the Canadiens' Lapierre while he was prone. Why does this matter you ask? Because the Panthers play the Sens this week, meaning they will definitely be facing Martin Gerber, yay, a slight chance to win.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=195934&hubname=nhl

Old
02-12-2007, 12:44 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

nagy 41 points, stumpel 42 points.... 1st for stumpel??

Old
02-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGP View Post
nagy 41 points, stumpel 42 points.... 1st for stumpel??
I don't think the Panthers should get rid of Stumpel. Sure he's often a 2nd half hero, but at this point we're lucky to have even that. Great playmakers are hard to find and I think we found a pretty darn good one and not at an expensive price either. He makes so many other players better around him.

Keep in mind though that Nagy is also more injury prone and isn't having a great year to boot. He is capable of more than Stumpel can put it and the Stars know that. Before he got injured last season I believe he was on near a point per game pace. But again, very injury prone so it's a toss up at this point. If Nagy ever made it through all 82 games, he could put on quite a show. Nagy is also only 27, where Stumpel is 34.

Old
02-12-2007, 01:26 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
I don't think the Panthers should get rid of Stumpel. Sure he's often a 2nd half hero, but at this point we're lucky to have even that. Great playmakers are hard to find and I think we found a pretty darn good one and not at an expensive price either. He makes so many other players better around him.

Keep in mind though that Nagy is also more injury prone and isn't having a great year to boot. He is capable of more than Stumpel can put it and the Stars know that. Before he got injured last season I believe he was on near a point per game pace. But again, very injury prone so it's a toss up at this point. If Nagy ever made it through all 82 games, he could put on quite a show. Nagy is also only 27, where Stumpel is 34.
I agree. I'd like to keep Stumpel as well. On the other hand, if a team makes an offer we can't refuse....

Incidentally, it's nice to see that the price of rentals is so high this year. I hope JM turns that in our favor.

Old
02-12-2007, 02:00 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:

We can always sign him to a 1 year deal after the season if he's traded, he's a UFA. I like Stumpel but if someone offers a 1st for him, I hope JM jumps on that. Stumpel is not a part of the future of this team.

Old
02-12-2007, 02:14 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
I like Stumpel but if someone offers a 1st for him, I hope JM jumps on that.
Can't argue with that. You've got to make that trade if given the chance.

Old
02-14-2007, 04:14 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Phoenix signs Doan to a 5 year deal

5 years, $22+ million deal. Could we use Doan as an example for Horton? I for one am tired of these one year deals that all of our youth has been getting. IMO, Horton should get a five year deal, around $16-18 million. He isnt as good as Doan is IMO, so I thought that this would be a good way to limit what he should get.

Old
02-14-2007, 04:29 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

At the end of the day, he will be a better scorer than Doan though. The numbers you present are in the right ballpark (maybe a bit on the high side). I personally think Phoenix may have overpaid slightly for a 60-70 point guy (68 is his career high).

Old
02-14-2007, 05:06 PM
KW

This is a good referrence point. I agree Horton should get around 5yr/15M offer plus incentives.

Old
02-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
When I saw this thread, I was thinking more along the lines of Bertuzzi. Now that they have signed Doan, can they realistically go after Bert and pay him 4-5 million?

Old
02-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
we can pay him that much as well..

Old
02-14-2007, 05:54 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
When I saw this thread, I was thinking more along the lines of Bertuzzi. Now that they have signed Doan, can they realistically go after Bert and pay him 4-5 million?
I was thinking the exact same thing. IMO it would be a mistake for them to tie up $15M on Bert / Doan / Jovo leaving only about $25M to fill out the rest of the roster.

Old
02-15-2007, 02:07 PM
iron lung

Hi guys, I'm a newcomer to the site and to hockey in general.
I guess you can't compare a defender to a forward when it comes to salary, but there just seems to be something so wrong about offering Horton anything close to $3m a season, let alone in excess of that, when Bouwmeester had to go to arbitration to just over $2m per season for the next two seasons.
I felt he got the royal shaft at the time and if these kind of numbers are being spoken about for Horton then I think he got a raw deal even moreso now.

Old
02-15-2007, 02:39 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron lung View Post
Hi guys, I'm a newcomer to the site and to hockey in general.
I guess you can't compare a defender to a forward when it comes to salary, but there just seems to be something so wrong about offering Horton anything close to $3m a season, let alone in excess of that, when Bouwmeester had to go to arbitration to just over $2m per season for the next two seasons.
I felt he got the royal shaft at the time and if these kind of numbers are being spoken about for Horton then I think he got a raw deal even moreso now.
You make a good point.

If management really cares about turning this franchise around, they will correct that this offseason with a new contract for JayBo. If they don't I am certain it will cost them in the long run.

Old
02-15-2007, 02:44 PM
39ontheline

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
This is a good referrence point. I agree Horton should get around 5yr/15M offer plus incentives.
What freaking agent in the world would let their client like horton sign a 5 year deal at 3 mil per buying out free agent years? On the open market in his prime Horton will be worth far more than 3 mil. Horton is definatley going to get paid alot in his next deal, alot more than the fans here think he's worth.

Old
02-15-2007, 03:16 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39ontheline View Post
What freaking agent in the world would let their client like horton sign a 5 year deal at 3 mil per buying out free agent years? On the open market in his prime Horton will be worth far more than 3 mil. Horton is definatley going to get paid alot in his next deal, alot more than the fans here think he's worth.
True, but a RFA makes less than $3M. He loses one (?) year of UFA and gets four years at a higher salary. It's not a bad deal for him. You are right in that his agent won't allow it... because it IS a bad deal for the agent

Old
02-15-2007, 06:39 PM
39ontheline

his agent won't let him sign it because its a bad deal for nathan. he should be making at least 3 mil two years from now and hed be screwing himself out of arbitration and an open market

Old
02-15-2007, 07:49 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39ontheline View Post
his agent won't let him sign it because its a bad deal for nathan. he should be making at least 3 mil two years from now and hed be screwing himself out of arbitration and an open market
He will still be a RFA for four more years (another reason why he shouldn't be traded BTW). A five year $15M deal with incentives will make him more money those five years than if he goes year to year and shoots for the home run year five when he is an UFA. Remember that NHL contracts are guaranteed. Even if Nate gets hurt, he gets $15M. It's a nice insurance policy for a guy who has had some injury issues. IMO, he would win out in the long run with such a deal.

Old
02-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Forsberg is a Predator

Sorry if the mods think this one belongs merged with the "New News" thread, but I felt it deserved it's own ..

Forsberg has been traded to Nashville for Scottie Upshall, Ryan Parent, a 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder. That is one hell of a haul for an oft-injured soon to be UFA (hint hint).

Granted that Forsberg has played about half the season compared to Bert, but that a comparible return is what I'd expect for a player of Bert's caliber. Either that or re-sign him soon.

Old
02-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
Sorry if the mods think this one belongs merged with the "New News" thread, but I felt it deserved it's own ..

Forsberg has been traded to Nashville for Scottie Upshall, Ryan Parent, a 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder. That is one hell of a haul for an oft-injured soon to be UFA (hint hint).

Granted that Forsberg has played about half the season compared to Bert, but that a comparible return is what I'd expect for a player of Bert's caliber. Either that or re-sign him soon.
Great deal for both teams. Similar to Anaheim with Pronger, this is a good trade for the Preds because they had the assets to make this deal and not get hurt in the future either.

I don't think Bert would fetch this much if healthy, but he probably would fetch a 1st and a prospect like Upshall.

Old
02-15-2007, 09:08 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=196374&hubname=nhl

Closed Thread