HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New News around the NHL thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2007, 08:13 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

vCash: 500
Great news for the Panthers. Now that he's off the market (and at a steep price) teams will be looking at other options. It just so happens we have other options available. It's time to put up the 'For Sale' sign.

Old
02-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Great news for the Panthers. Now that he's off the market (and at a steep price) teams will be looking at other options. It just so happens we have other options available. It's time to put up the 'For Sale' sign.
After last night, the FOR SALE sign should be right up next to the curb. If JM still has any delusions about making the playoffs, then he is kidding himself.

Old
02-15-2007, 08:30 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
After last night, the FOR SALE sign should be right up next to the curb. If JM still has any delusions about making the playoffs, then he is kidding himself.
potvin made an interesting point last night. i don't remember if he claimed it came directly from JM but the jist was that the longer the panthers stay in contention or within some kind of striking distance, the better the return will likely be for our vets. i guess the logic is that we'll be giving up more in a shot at the playoffs. it would seem JM and the players realize this is a charade but there is reason to believe (or at least debate) the fact that a win streak could help us. anyone buying that?

Old
02-15-2007, 08:30 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I never expected Forsberg to get traded to Nashville of all places, but then again it still hasn't hit me that them, Anaheim, and Buffalo are the three best teams in the league. I think this was really fair deal for both sides. The Predators seem to be really serious now about making a cup run and getting good attendance so the team can stay in Nashville. The Flyers get a possible future star in Upshall and some picks that could be something decent in the future.

In other news, TSN was talking about how the Leafs and Sens are having a huge bidding war on who wants Roberts more by the deadline. That's great news for the Panthers because then it seems the more they fight over him, the better deal we could get in return if he's dealt.

Old
02-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Bert for 2nd and project

You heard it here first

Old
02-15-2007, 11:49 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Bert for 2nd and project

You heard it here first
We'll get more than that unless the "project" is a top prospect.

Old
02-16-2007, 12:27 AM
39ontheline

Quote:
He will still be a RFA for four more years (another reason why he shouldn't be traded BTW). A five year $15M deal with incentives will make him more money those five years than if he goes year to year and shoots for the home run year five when he is an UFA. Remember that NHL contracts are guaranteed. Even if Nate gets hurt, he gets $15M. It's a nice insurance policy for a guy who has had some injury issues. IMO, he would win out in the long run with such a deal.

He clearly would make more money year to year just like most players would. Year to year deals with young players only hurts the team (Look how great 1 year deals work for the marlins and this team for example :caugh LUONGO) Im well aware contracts are guaranteed in the NHL but I also know that most 21 year olds arent worried about career ending injuries. He's already a millionaire, so I think he's going to take the risk without stupidly locking himself up for 5 years with this perenial winner......
I figure it would take 4 years 15-17 mil to lock up nate during his RFA years, and I would say there is ZERO chance of him passing up a year on UFA since we've all seen how much he loves it here. Can you please explain to me how him signing for 5 years is going to make him more money than going year to year with one year being an arbitration year and the last year being a UFA year? Also, he's going to get incentives in any deal anyways, so what the heck kind of bonus is that? I wish you were nate's agent with that kind of advice but there's no chance this every happens at that price.
I mean eric staal just got 3 years 13.5 mil so how would nathan only get 5 years 15 mil?

Old
02-16-2007, 06:16 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39ontheline View Post
I mean eric staal just got 3 years 13.5 mil so how would nathan only get 5 years 15 mil?
Because Eric Staal is better? All Star. Stanley Cup Champion.

Old
02-16-2007, 06:20 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Bert for 2nd and project

You heard it here first
Highly unlikely.

Old
02-16-2007, 08:50 AM
KW

Quote:
Bert for 2nd and project

You heard it here first
Is this your prediction? Or do you think this would be a good trade?

I don't really care though cause you'd be wrong either way.

Old
02-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
Is this your prediction? Or do you think this would be a good trade?

I don't really care though cause you'd be wrong either way.
Prediction. Philly just got more for Forsberg than we've got for all our UFA's combined dealt at the deadline in the history of the club.

Old
02-16-2007, 09:15 AM
KW

Quote:
Prediction. Philly just got more for Forsberg than we've got for all our UFA's combined dealt at the deadline in the history of the club.
And the Forsberg trade will help us. It's like selling a house. Comparable houses in the neighborhood are going up, so why would yours stay down?

Or is your confidence in JM so low?

Old
02-16-2007, 01:19 PM
39ontheline

Quote:
Because Eric Staal is better? All Star. Stanley Cup Champion.
Yeah Nolan Pratt is a stanley cup champion too. I think staal is a great player but he's comperable to Horton and Im pretty sure Staal isnt twice as valuable as Horton money wise. I guess a better deal to examine would be zherdev 3 years 7.5 mil contract. If he's getting 2.5 mil how is Nate only worth 3??

Old
02-16-2007, 01:49 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Yeah Nolan Pratt is a stanley cup champion too. I think staal is a great player but he's comperable to Horton and Im pretty sure Staal isnt twice as valuable as Horton money wise. I guess a better deal to examine would be zherdev 3 years 7.5 mil contract. If he's getting 2.5 mil how is Nate only worth 3??
1. r.e. Staal - I like Nate, but you can't say he is Staal's equal... yet.

2. r.e Zherdev contract numbers - It depends on the incentives. I would not give Horton excess guaranteed money. I highly suspect it would only cause his game to go south. He needs to be a little hungry.

Old
02-16-2007, 02:22 PM
39ontheline

Quote:
1. r.e. Staal - I like Nate, but you can't say he is Staal's equal... yet.

2. r.e Zherdev contract numbers - It depends on the incentives. I would not give Horton excess guaranteed money. I highly suspect it would only cause his game to go south. He needs to be a little hungry.

Again, this isnt nhl2k7, no agent would do an incentive based deal. I doubt horton would even a gree to it.

Old
02-16-2007, 02:31 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Again, this isnt nhl2k7, no agent would do an incentive based deal. I doubt horton would even a gree to it.
All of that is true. I also believe the Panthers would not offer a deal that long. That doesn't mean that it wouldn't be in both parties best long term interests.

Old
02-16-2007, 03:12 PM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
how in the world can you compare staal to horton? staal had 45 goals and 100 points last year - horton 28 goals and 47 points. i like horton, but those two aren't even close to being comparable, not right now at least.

zherdev outscored horton last year as well (points wise - one less goal). i'd say 3 years $9mil or 4 years $12 million is more than fair for nate.

Old
02-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
Sorry if the mods think this one belongs merged with the "New News" thread, but I felt it deserved it's own ..
Forsberg's playing, unlike Bertuzzi, and has been traded out of conference for non-impact players, so I don't think it really is "own thread" worthy.

Neither is that Doan contract extension thread, so it's coming in here too.

02-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
And the Forsberg trade will help us. It's like selling a house. Comparable houses in the neighborhood are going up, so why would yours stay down?

Or is your confidence in JM so low?
My confidence is so low on this organization. It seems it doesnt matter who runs the show we get fleeced in trades 95% of the time. Untill JM proves me wrong I'll feel the same way

Old
02-16-2007, 05:18 PM
KW

Quote:
My confidence is so low on this organization. It seems it doesnt matter who runs the show we get fleeced in trades 95% of the time. Untill JM proves me wrong I'll feel the same way
I have felt like that for much of the season, especially the early part. However, what I have seen since about December is changing my mind - I'm beginning to think JM is actually answering his critics.

If it weren't for JM - or a coach/GM of similar caliber - I'd have thrown in the towel a while back.

That's why I say JM should get another chance. Trade-wise he's dealing from strength. Wait and see.

Old
02-16-2007, 06:30 PM
39ontheline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmo View Post
how in the world can you compare staal to horton? staal had 45 goals and 100 points last year - horton 28 goals and 47 points. i like horton, but those two aren't even close to being comparable, not right now at least.

zherdev outscored horton last year as well (points wise - one less goal). i'd say 3 years $9mil or 4 years $12 million is more than fair for nate.
I was going by service time from that draft class. All 3 are having down years but I bet nate gets like 2 years 6 mil, no chance a young guy would ever give up his options

Old
02-16-2007, 06:40 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
I was going by service time from that draft class. All 3 are having down years but I bet nate gets like 2 years 6 mil, no chance a young guy would ever give up his options
He's not going to get $3M per year on a two year deal. It would need to be at least a three year deal to crack that number.

Old
03-20-2007, 09:35 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
I'm watching the Detroit-Calgary game and just watched Huselius score his 31st goal of the season. This guy has really come full circle.

His inconsistent production frustrated the hell out of me towards the end of his time here, but that was just another product of Keenan's path of destruction.

Old
03-22-2007, 09:19 PM
FlaPanthers7

Seriously - Huselius breaks 30 goals but no worries, we have Steve Montador now!

Old
03-22-2007, 09:49 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatmanReturns View Post
I'm watching the Detroit-Calgary game and just watched Huselius score his 31st goal of the season. This guy has really come full circle.

His inconsistent production frustrated the hell out of me towards the end of his time here, but that was just another product of Keenan's path of destruction.

i fart in your general direction, keenan.

Closed Thread