HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

New News around the NHL thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2007, 08:11 AM
  #101
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,042
vCash: 500
Bertuzzi got his first point with Detroit last night. He's played 4 games, and has only managed 1 point? Wonder if it's rust or a reflection...

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline  
Old
03-30-2007, 08:14 AM
  #102
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Bertuzzi got his first point with Detroit last night. He's played 4 games, and has only managed 1 point? Wonder if it's rust or a reflection...
Did you forget that he was out for five months?

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
03-30-2007, 08:20 AM
  #103
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
Did you forget that he was out for five months?
No, kinda hard to forget that, just surprised it took him 4 games to register a point. I also don't know how much time he's getting, either.

I'm just wondering if he's still feeling a lot of the effects, which is obviously moe than likely, or if he's just not going to be the same after his surgery. Was also pointing out that he obviously wasn't going to help this team this year.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
03-30-2007, 08:56 AM
  #104
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
No, kinda hard to forget that, just surprised it took him 4 games to register a point. I also don't know how much time he's getting, either.

I'm just wondering if he's still feeling a lot of the effects, which is obviously moe than likely, or if he's just not going to be the same after his surgery. Was also pointing out that he obviously wasn't going to help this team this year.
Bert's been playing regularly with Datsyuk and Holmstrom and he's looked darn good. He's also getting regular PP time so he's getting lots of ice time. It may look deceiving that he only has one point, but he's made that team instantly better and is already close to being back to the form we saw earlier in the season.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
03-30-2007, 09:55 PM
  #105
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Bad news. Detroit's Kronwall was injured in tonight's game. He was helped off the ice and did not return. The AP said it was the hip, but they also said he was holding his leg when he was helped off, and he already has a history of leg problems(broken leg) in his NHL career. First Lebda, now Kronwall. Their defense has really taken a hit. Hopefully it's not serious.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
04-19-2007, 07:21 AM
  #106
FlaPanthers7
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Country: France
Posts: 4,624
vCash: 500
Old Panthers coach Douggie Maclean just got axed as President and GM of the Blue Jackets. I doubt we'll see any reunion here in any capacity, but he was extremely popular down here during his tenure.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=204753&hubname=nhl

FlaPanthers7 is offline  
Old
04-19-2007, 08:42 AM
  #107
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
Old Panthers coach Douggie Maclean just got axed as President and GM of the Blue Jackets. I doubt we'll see any reunion here in any capacity, but he was extremely popular down here during his tenure.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=204753&hubname=nhl
Whereas it could be true, it is not confirmed yet.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

__________________
"...and ultimately it doesn't matter."
Acadmus is offline  
Old
04-19-2007, 08:49 AM
  #108
Happy Girl
Registered User
 
Happy Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: a playoff free world
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughExcuses View Post
Whereas it could be true, it is not confirmed yet.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
It has a sticky on the NHL board so it must be true.

Happy Girl is offline  
Old
04-19-2007, 09:00 AM
  #109
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Girl View Post
It has a sticky on the NHL board so it must be true.
Oh, well...if it's stickied...

Acadmus is offline  
Old
04-19-2007, 12:10 PM
  #110
FlaPanthers7
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Country: France
Posts: 4,624
vCash: 500
It's been on sportscenter/ESPN as well.

FlaPanthers7 is offline  
Old
04-19-2007, 12:12 PM
  #111
Happy Girl
Registered User
 
Happy Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: a playoff free world
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughExcuses View Post
Oh, well...if it's stickied...
They need to get rid of him. He's not done anything with that franchise. Quite honestly if the Jackets didn't take the back seat to the Buckeyes in Columbus, I am sure they would've gotten rid of him sooner.

Happy Girl is offline  
Old
04-19-2007, 12:34 PM
  #112
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Girl View Post
They need to get rid of him. He's not done anything with that franchise. Quite honestly if the Jackets didn't take the back seat to the Buckeyes in Columbus, I am sure they would've gotten rid of him sooner.
Was he coaching this year too? I forget. As far as being GM goes, I think he's done the right things - not given away the farm, but still putting together a decent roster. Depth might be an issue, and some things may not have panned out as expected (i.e. Fedorov), and last season just plain dumb luck (remember half the team got flu right before the season started?).

I thought they'd make the playoffs this year. Looking over their roster now, I'd say the only glaring weakness is in goal, like the Panthers. Other than that, I guess they need a real coach. I'd suggest New Jersey's recently cast-off bench boss

btw, apparently story's confirmed now.

Acadmus is offline  
Old
04-19-2007, 12:54 PM
  #113
Happy Girl
Registered User
 
Happy Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: a playoff free world
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughExcuses View Post
Was he coaching this year too? I forget. As far as being GM goes, I think he's done the right things - not given away the farm, but still putting together a decent roster. Depth might be an issue, and some things may not have panned out as expected (i.e. Fedorov), and last season just plain dumb luck (remember half the team got flu right before the season started?).

I thought they'd make the playoffs this year. Looking over their roster now, I'd say the only glaring weakness is in goal, like the Panthers. Other than that, I guess they need a real coach. I'd suggest New Jersey's recently cast-off bench boss

btw, apparently story's confirmed now.
They brought in Hitchcock this year. I don't think their defense is all that solid and they've not really brought in any assets who can help Nash. If you can stop Nash, you can stop the Blue Jackets. Zherdev has been horrible. I'd say the Panthers are probably in better shape than the jackets.

Happy Girl is offline  
Old
04-19-2007, 03:39 PM
  #114
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come
 
FlaPnthrsPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,457
vCash: 500
Perhaps we may see him back to fill in one of Martin's positions? I'm not sure if that would be a good thing or not

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline  
Old
04-19-2007, 07:59 PM
  #115
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Girl View Post
They brought in Hitchcock this year. I don't think their defense is all that solid and they've not really brought in any assets who can help Nash. If you can stop Nash, you can stop the Blue Jackets. Zherdev has been horrible. I'd say the Panthers are probably in better shape than the jackets.
Yeah, I agree. He's done almost nothing to address the defense for his entire tenure there. The D has always been horrible. I think he's brought in some quality guys on offense, but for some reason they haven't meshed well together. At times, Vyborny, Nash, Modin, Fedorov etc. can look amazing together, then other nights their offense doesn't do much at all. That's probably his fault too, for not putting together pieces that click well. Quite simply I think the Jackets need some more grit mixed in among their skill, and I don't mean 3rd-4th liners, I mean guys like Jokinen, Weiss, Horton, etc. They don't really have that. Brule is gritty but he hasn't really put it all together yet. Zherdev looks like a horrible pick for them right now. All of the other top 5 picks from 2003 are making big impacts in the NHL already. A lot of this falls squarely on Doug's shoulders. He was a great coach, but it looks like hiring him as a GM was not a smart move at all by the Jackets ownership. They need someone with experience at the position with a track record of success.

And yes, the Panthers are in much better shape than the Jackets. Last summer, I thought the two teams were pretty close. But now, it appears there is quite a gap between them.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
04-19-2007, 08:01 PM
  #116
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
Perhaps we may see him back to fill in one of Martin's positions? I'm not sure if that would be a good thing or not
As coach, maybe. As GM.....heeeeeeell no.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
04-20-2007, 06:32 PM
  #117
Happy Girl
Registered User
 
Happy Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: a playoff free world
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
ANDY GREENE YAY!!!!!!!! First NHL playoff goal - product of Miami University acquired by the Devils via free agency. You go Andy!!!!!

Happy Girl is offline  
Old
04-20-2007, 06:53 PM
  #118
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Girl View Post
ANDY GREENE YAY!!!!!!!! First NHL playoff goal - product of Miami University acquired by the Devils via free agency. You go Andy!!!!!
I'm guessing you want the Lightning to lose

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
04-20-2007, 06:59 PM
  #119
Happy Girl
Registered User
 
Happy Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: a playoff free world
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
I'm guessing you want the Lightning to lose
I went to Miami University. Andy Greene played hockey at Miami University. He was not drafted, mostly due to his lack of height, and was signed as a free agent by the Devils. I am happy to see another Redhawk in the NHL and having success in the playoffs. He's a sweet kid and I am glad the Devils saw the talent he has.

Happy Girl is offline  
Old
04-21-2007, 07:25 PM
  #120
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Girl View Post
I went to Miami University. Andy Greene played hockey at Miami University. He was not drafted, mostly due to his lack of height, and was signed as a free agent by the Devils. I am happy to see another Redhawk in the NHL and having success in the playoffs. He's a sweet kid and I am glad the Devils saw the talent he has.
Yeah he looks alright

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
04-22-2007, 02:53 PM
  #121
FlaPanthers7
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Country: France
Posts: 4,624
vCash: 500
I just read on Si.com that Noodles got a 5-game suspension and the team was fined $100,000 for the incidents that occured in the last game against Detroit!

FlaPanthers7 is offline  
Old
04-22-2007, 11:20 PM
  #122
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
I just read on Si.com that Noodles got a 5-game suspension and the team was fined $100,000 for the incidents that occured in the last game against Detroit!
Not enough IMO.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
04-22-2007, 11:33 PM
  #123
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
Not enough IMO.
It's enough. It's totally against Noodle's character and it's not something that he's done before. It was obviously a dumb move on his part, but he's a character guy, I think Campbell took that into consideration. He made his point by the financial penalty he levied. Start hitting the club and coach in the pocket, you'll get your message across.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
04-23-2007, 12:56 AM
  #124
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
It's enough. It's totally against Noodle's character and it's not something that he's done before. It was obviously a dumb move on his part, but he's a character guy, I think Campbell took that into consideration. He made his point by the financial penalty he levied. Start hitting the club and coach in the pocket, you'll get your message across.
You think the club cares about some paltry fine? That's chump change to them, no matter how big the fine is. The way you get your message across is by letting players know this is not acceptable. Because Noodles was a first time offender, that's why it should only have been 15-20 games.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
04-23-2007, 05:52 AM
  #125
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
You think the club cares about some paltry fine? That's chump change to them, no matter how big the fine is. The way you get your message across is by letting players know this is not acceptable. Because Noodles was a first time offender, that's why it should only have been 15-20 games.
I don't recall similiar fines in other similiar instances. Noone seemed to get the message after McSorley, Bertuzzi, Simon, etc. used their stick as a weapon and it continues to happen. Clubs don't want to lose money, not that way! It may not stop it either, but there's already talk that Noodles won't be back with Calgary due to that incident.

Laus723 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.