HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

New News around the NHL thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2007, 08:11 AM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Bertuzzi got his first point with Detroit last night. He's played 4 games, and has only managed 1 point? Wonder if it's rust or a reflection...

03-30-2007, 08:14 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Bertuzzi got his first point with Detroit last night. He's played 4 games, and has only managed 1 point? Wonder if it's rust or a reflection...
Did you forget that he was out for five months?

Old
03-30-2007, 08:20 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
Did you forget that he was out for five months?
No, kinda hard to forget that, just surprised it took him 4 games to register a point. I also don't know how much time he's getting, either.

I'm just wondering if he's still feeling a lot of the effects, which is obviously moe than likely, or if he's just not going to be the same after his surgery. Was also pointing out that he obviously wasn't going to help this team this year.

Old
03-30-2007, 08:56 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
No, kinda hard to forget that, just surprised it took him 4 games to register a point. I also don't know how much time he's getting, either.

I'm just wondering if he's still feeling a lot of the effects, which is obviously moe than likely, or if he's just not going to be the same after his surgery. Was also pointing out that he obviously wasn't going to help this team this year.
Bert's been playing regularly with Datsyuk and Holmstrom and he's looked darn good. He's also getting regular PP time so he's getting lots of ice time. It may look deceiving that he only has one point, but he's made that team instantly better and is already close to being back to the form we saw earlier in the season.

Old
03-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Bad news. Detroit's Kronwall was injured in tonight's game. He was helped off the ice and did not return. The AP said it was the hip, but they also said he was holding his leg when he was helped off, and he already has a history of leg problems(broken leg) in his NHL career. First Lebda, now Kronwall. Their defense has really taken a hit. Hopefully it's not serious.

Old
04-19-2007, 07:21 AM
FlaPanthers7

Old Panthers coach Douggie Maclean just got axed as President and GM of the Blue Jackets. I doubt we'll see any reunion here in any capacity, but he was extremely popular down here during his tenure.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=204753&hubname=nhl

Old
04-19-2007, 08:42 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
Old Panthers coach Douggie Maclean just got axed as President and GM of the Blue Jackets. I doubt we'll see any reunion here in any capacity, but he was extremely popular down here during his tenure.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=204753&hubname=nhl
Whereas it could be true, it is not confirmed yet.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

04-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Happy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughExcuses View Post
Whereas it could be true, it is not confirmed yet.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
It has a sticky on the NHL board so it must be true.

Old
04-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Girl View Post
It has a sticky on the NHL board so it must be true.
Oh, well...if it's stickied...

Old
04-19-2007, 12:10 PM
FlaPanthers7

It's been on sportscenter/ESPN as well.

Old
04-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Happy Girl

Quote:
Oh, well...if it's stickied...
They need to get rid of him. He's not done anything with that franchise. Quite honestly if the Jackets didn't take the back seat to the Buckeyes in Columbus, I am sure they would've gotten rid of him sooner.

Old
04-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
They need to get rid of him. He's not done anything with that franchise. Quite honestly if the Jackets didn't take the back seat to the Buckeyes in Columbus, I am sure they would've gotten rid of him sooner.
Was he coaching this year too? I forget. As far as being GM goes, I think he's done the right things - not given away the farm, but still putting together a decent roster. Depth might be an issue, and some things may not have panned out as expected (i.e. Fedorov), and last season just plain dumb luck (remember half the team got flu right before the season started?).

I thought they'd make the playoffs this year. Looking over their roster now, I'd say the only glaring weakness is in goal, like the Panthers. Other than that, I guess they need a real coach. I'd suggest New Jersey's recently cast-off bench boss

btw, apparently story's confirmed now.

Old
04-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Happy Girl

Quote:
Was he coaching this year too? I forget. As far as being GM goes, I think he's done the right things - not given away the farm, but still putting together a decent roster. Depth might be an issue, and some things may not have panned out as expected (i.e. Fedorov), and last season just plain dumb luck (remember half the team got flu right before the season started?).

I thought they'd make the playoffs this year. Looking over their roster now, I'd say the only glaring weakness is in goal, like the Panthers. Other than that, I guess they need a real coach. I'd suggest New Jersey's recently cast-off bench boss

btw, apparently story's confirmed now.
They brought in Hitchcock this year. I don't think their defense is all that solid and they've not really brought in any assets who can help Nash. If you can stop Nash, you can stop the Blue Jackets. Zherdev has been horrible. I'd say the Panthers are probably in better shape than the jackets.

Old
04-19-2007, 03:39 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Perhaps we may see him back to fill in one of Martin's positions? I'm not sure if that would be a good thing or not

Old
04-19-2007, 07:59 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
They brought in Hitchcock this year. I don't think their defense is all that solid and they've not really brought in any assets who can help Nash. If you can stop Nash, you can stop the Blue Jackets. Zherdev has been horrible. I'd say the Panthers are probably in better shape than the jackets.
Yeah, I agree. He's done almost nothing to address the defense for his entire tenure there. The D has always been horrible. I think he's brought in some quality guys on offense, but for some reason they haven't meshed well together. At times, Vyborny, Nash, Modin, Fedorov etc. can look amazing together, then other nights their offense doesn't do much at all. That's probably his fault too, for not putting together pieces that click well. Quite simply I think the Jackets need some more grit mixed in among their skill, and I don't mean 3rd-4th liners, I mean guys like Jokinen, Weiss, Horton, etc. They don't really have that. Brule is gritty but he hasn't really put it all together yet. Zherdev looks like a horrible pick for them right now. All of the other top 5 picks from 2003 are making big impacts in the NHL already. A lot of this falls squarely on Doug's shoulders. He was a great coach, but it looks like hiring him as a GM was not a smart move at all by the Jackets ownership. They need someone with experience at the position with a track record of success.

And yes, the Panthers are in much better shape than the Jackets. Last summer, I thought the two teams were pretty close. But now, it appears there is quite a gap between them.

Old
04-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
Perhaps we may see him back to fill in one of Martin's positions? I'm not sure if that would be a good thing or not
As coach, maybe. As GM.....heeeeeeell no.

Old
04-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Happy Girl

ANDY GREENE YAY!!!!!!!! First NHL playoff goal - product of Miami University acquired by the Devils via free agency. You go Andy!!!!!

Old
04-20-2007, 06:53 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
ANDY GREENE YAY!!!!!!!! First NHL playoff goal - product of Miami University acquired by the Devils via free agency. You go Andy!!!!!
I'm guessing you want the Lightning to lose

Old
04-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Happy Girl

Quote:
I'm guessing you want the Lightning to lose
I went to Miami University. Andy Greene played hockey at Miami University. He was not drafted, mostly due to his lack of height, and was signed as a free agent by the Devils. I am happy to see another Redhawk in the NHL and having success in the playoffs. He's a sweet kid and I am glad the Devils saw the talent he has.

Old
04-21-2007, 07:25 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
I went to Miami University. Andy Greene played hockey at Miami University. He was not drafted, mostly due to his lack of height, and was signed as a free agent by the Devils. I am happy to see another Redhawk in the NHL and having success in the playoffs. He's a sweet kid and I am glad the Devils saw the talent he has.
Yeah he looks alright

Old
04-22-2007, 02:53 PM
FlaPanthers7

I just read on Si.com that Noodles got a 5-game suspension and the team was fined $100,000 for the incidents that occured in the last game against Detroit!

Old
04-22-2007, 11:20 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post
I just read on Si.com that Noodles got a 5-game suspension and the team was fined $100,000 for the incidents that occured in the last game against Detroit!
Not enough IMO.

Old
04-22-2007, 11:33 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Not enough IMO.
It's enough. It's totally against Noodle's character and it's not something that he's done before. It was obviously a dumb move on his part, but he's a character guy, I think Campbell took that into consideration. He made his point by the financial penalty he levied. Start hitting the club and coach in the pocket, you'll get your message across.

Old
04-23-2007, 12:56 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
It's enough. It's totally against Noodle's character and it's not something that he's done before. It was obviously a dumb move on his part, but he's a character guy, I think Campbell took that into consideration. He made his point by the financial penalty he levied. Start hitting the club and coach in the pocket, you'll get your message across.
You think the club cares about some paltry fine? That's chump change to them, no matter how big the fine is. The way you get your message across is by letting players know this is not acceptable. Because Noodles was a first time offender, that's why it should only have been 15-20 games.

Old
04-23-2007, 05:52 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
You think the club cares about some paltry fine? That's chump change to them, no matter how big the fine is. The way you get your message across is by letting players know this is not acceptable. Because Noodles was a first time offender, that's why it should only have been 15-20 games.
I don't recall similiar fines in other similiar instances. Noone seemed to get the message after McSorley, Bertuzzi, Simon, etc. used their stick as a weapon and it continues to happen. Clubs don't want to lose money, not that way! It may not stop it either, but there's already talk that Noodles won't be back with Calgary due to that incident.

Closed Thread