HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Paul Maurice, lame duck coach?

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2003, 09:14 AM
DevMod9

vCash: 500
Paul Maurice, lame duck coach?

I wonder how long the longest tenured coach in the league will last as the losses accumulate?? Karmanos can't be happy and Rutherford has to be feeling the heat. Add to the fact attendance is down significantly also.

Old
11-26-2003, 09:52 AM
Team Dandenault

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Team Dandenault
I'm not a Canes fan even though I live in Carolina but I think Paul is a great coach who's done a lot with very little. He will probaly be fired and to his benefit he'll probably land a job in a place like Toronto next year, if there is one, where he'll have more to work with.

If there's any blame to be placed on the failure of the Hurricanes blame Peter Karmanos and Jim Rutherford. Rutherford is laughable as the Canes GM. He was hired because he was a friend of Karmanos' prior to Karmanos buying the Whalers. There is a conflict of interest if your going to hire a personal friend to run your business venture. And what makes it even worse is the fact that Jason Karmanos, yes the owner's son, is the assistant GM. It's a good thing the Hurricanes are more focused on finding the most qualified people to run their organization rather than handing over the reigns to the owner's son as if it were a Matchbox car race track.

I'm purley amazed that the Canes still have fans after their management has let nearly every talented player slip away. But hey, somebody's got to give the Blackhawks a run for their lack of money.

Closed Thread