Notices

Mark Stuart

Old
11-17-2006, 12:21 PM
CombatOnContact

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Mark Stuart

Any word on how he's doing in Providence? Initially, I heard that he was doing very well, even potted himself a goal and a couple of points. Is he ready or almost ready to return to Boston? I still think he's addition would be very helpful for the blueline. He can play more minutes than Dempsey and Jurcina thus giving Chara, Stuart, Mara and even Alberts a bit more of a breather.

Just checked Mark's stats and he's played 2 games, 1g, 1a, +5, 0 PIM.

BRING HIM BACK!!!

Alberts-Chara
Mara-B.Stuart
M.Stuart-Jurcina/Dempsey

P.S. 5,000th POST!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CombatOnContact is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 12:31 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

I hope he's back up in Boston after a couple of games this weekend. That's would be great.

WickedBruinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 01:28 PM
doc5hole

A scout saw him play and said he looks excellent, a more matured player who's not trying to do it all on every shift. He knows where his strengths are and is starting to show at the pro level those leadership qualities that made him a first-round pick. Sounds like it's going to be happening sooner rather than later.

doc5hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 01:33 PM
Giobruin41

Send a message via AIM to Giobruin41
I am hoping he gets the call soon we could really use him.

and by the way CombatOnContact congrats on the 5,000

Giobruin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 01:34 PM
jahbrations

Providence only plays on the weekend, right?

I believe Stuart scored in his first game on his first shot. Gorton was saying that he looks like an NHL defenseman after his first game.

The P-Bruins have a nice top 3 D core with Stuart, Lashoff and Sigalet. This probably helps all their development.

jahbrations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 01:37 PM
DarrenBanks56

+5 in 2 games is very impressive

DarrenBanks56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 01:41 PM
CombatOnContact

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc5hole View Post
A scout saw him play and said he looks excellent, a more matured player who's not trying to do it all on every shift. He knows where his strengths are and is starting to show at the pro level those leadership qualities that made him a first-round pick. Sounds like it's going to be happening sooner rather than later.
What are his main strengths? From what I recall it was defense defense defense. Great positional player with good foot speed and plays with a physical edge. How's his passing and puck control?

Old
11-17-2006, 01:46 PM
Giobruin41

Send a message via AIM to Giobruin41
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact View Post
What are his main strengths? From what I recall it was defense defense defense. Great positional player with good foot speed and plays with a physical edge. How's his passing and puck control?

Hes a great passer and has okay puck control I never seen anything wrong with it. His main strengths are in your face style of hockey kinda like alberts/boyton and hes at his best when hes a stay at home defenseman but he can mix it up. Also hes good on the PK.

Giobruin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 01:46 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
The O'Reilly Rule

Mark Stuart's going to add another much-needed physical presence to our defensive corp.

Over the off-season, he developed good puck control and passing skills. He tends to see the ice well for a defensive defenseman.

He's also shown in his conditioning stint in Providence that he can fire off a few Patriot missiles from the blue-line if the situation calls for it. He'll be a go-to man on the power-play in a couple of years.

I say call him up now, and give him a shot to prove himself in our upcoming string of games. He'll be much better than Nathan Dumb****, that's for certain.

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 01:51 PM
CombatOnContact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaner View Post
Mark Stuart's going to add another much-needed physical presence to our defensive corp.

Over the off-season, he developed good puck control and passing skills. He tends to see the ice well for a defensive defenseman.

He's also shown in his conditioning stint in Providence that he can fire off a few Patriot missiles from the blue-line if the situation calls for it. He'll be a go-to man on the power-play in a couple of years.

I say call him up now, and give him a shot to prove himself in our upcoming string of games. He'll be much better than Nathan Dumb****, that's for certain.
Providence has a game tonight I believe, so I imagine he'll play and finish his 3-game conditioning stint. I have a feeling we'll see him in Boston vs. the Caps on Saturday. I would scratch Jurcina at this point. I know I was all pissed off about Lewis not giving him a chance and scatching him in favor of Dempsey/York, but he has been pretty useless and actually brings less than Dempsey right now. Plus Dempsey is somewhat of a vet and he can teach M.Stu a thing or two.

Old
11-17-2006, 03:01 PM
doc5hole

Don't be so hasty about the defensive defenseman, now that he's settling into a quiet, don't-hurt-the-team kind of game, which in his case is formidable enough that he should not continue getting jerked around. Jurcina's playing fairly well for now, and it would be begging for trouble to sit him down. Let him get it going a little, then make a decision, does he fit in or trade him?

doc5hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
The O'Reilly Rule

Mark Stuart >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jurcina

Mike Yeos Eyebrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2006, 03:17 PM
BleedBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc5hole View Post
Don't be so hasty about the defensive defenseman, now that he's settling into a quiet, don't-hurt-the-team kind of game, which in his case is formidable enough that he should not continue getting jerked around. Jurcina's playing fairly well for now, and it would be begging for trouble to sit him down. Let him get it going a little, then make a decision, does he fit in or trade him?
I agree. He didn't hurt us last night. Lets see what he can do and give Stuart a little time in providence to get his feet under him.

I would have given Jurcina a little more time at the expense of Alberts last night (despite the fact that I like Alberts' upside more) in order to underscore the fact that he cannot continue to go for the hit at the blue line that might leave a 2 v 1, and the blind defensive zone pass.

I'm okay with young defenseman mistakes as long as they are making them less and less.

BleedBruins is offline   Reply With Quote