HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT: The Georges 'Rush' St. Pierre Thread

Old
10-25-2006, 03:40 PM
neopreneur

vCash: 500
OT: The Georges 'Rush' St. Pierre Thread

Georges 'Rush' St. Pierre
Record: 12-0-1
Born: St. Isidore, Qc
Fights out of Montréal, Qc
Fight Details @ Sherdog

Next Fight:

65.ufc.com/

If you didn't already know who Georges St. Pierre (GSP) is, well you do now! He fights out of Montreal and he's basically one of the best Welterweight Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighters in the world. His next fight is for the UFC Middleweight Belt and he fights the greatest UFC champion Matt Hughes. It's going to be very exciting, I'm going to order the PPV for sure

Go GSP!

ps: he's got the best french accent ever: http://65.ufc.com/

pps: www.myspace.com/gsprush

vBookie:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=304802

Last edited by neopreneur: 11-09-2006 at 10:27 AM.
neopreneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 03:51 PM
Shabutie

GSP is 12-1-0 he lost his first match to Matt Hughes (Armbar). Imo he'll win the re-match as he has better stand-up than Matt, is nearly as good at submissions and better ground and pound (imo).

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 133
I love GSP !!!!

GSP asking for the fight :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WGyQIK8hqU

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 03:55 PM
AlexCap

Good to see some MMA talk on the hockey boards. Georges is an excellent fighter and is going to give Hughes all he can handle. I'll never forget the pure excitement watching Georges in the locker room after he beat Pete Spratt. He knew the next step was the UFC and he's done some great things there.

AlexCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Astaroth

Mad respect for Rush, even though I don't care much for the shallowness of the UFC talent pool. Here's to a Quebecois taking the title from Matt "I'm lucky that BJ Penn gassed when he had me in a crucifix" Hughes.

Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
tout le monde debout!!!

cant wait for this fight!

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 04:12 PM
neopreneur

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCap View Post
Good to see some MMA talk on the hockey boards. Georges is an excellent fighter and is going to give Hughes all he can handle. I'll never forget the pure excitement watching Georges in the locker room after he beat Pete Spratt. He knew the next step was the UFC and he's done some great things there.
First of all, Welcome!

Second, I think it's clear that GSP has the most skill in the welterweight division... But Hughes has the heart... It's going to be a war, I can't friggin' wait!

Old
10-25-2006, 04:16 PM
neopreneur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
Mad respect for Rush, even though I don't care much for the shallowness of the UFC talent pool. Here's to a Quebecois taking the title from Matt "I'm lucky that BJ Penn gassed when he had me in a crucifix" Hughes.
He didn't gass
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=3627
Quote:
But according to a medical report by Dr. Sameer Nagda, Penn did fracture the right tenth costochondral junction and did strain the adjacent intercostal musculature and oblique musculature during the Hughes bout, putting to rest speculation that ‘The Prodigy’ simply ran out of gas between rounds two and three.

ps: BJ Penn was so awesome in this fight. Man I was going nuts, I thought he had it... too bad

Old
10-25-2006, 04:24 PM
Kamus

Matt Hughes can't handle GSP's "riddum"

Kamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 04:37 PM
AlexCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by neopreneur View Post
First of all, Welcome!

Second, I think it's clear that GSP has the most skill in the welterweight division... But Hughes has the heart... It's going to be a war, I can't friggin' wait!
I'm here everyday reading stuff about my beloved Canadiens. Just don't post at all. But, I saw MMA and I had to as its my passion. I actually run a promotion out of Quebec called APEX.

Old
10-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

I don't follow the UFC, but a couple of guys at the job are pretty in love with St-Pierre and they were mad when he lost his combat not so long ago.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 05:45 PM
jazzyreg

Send a message via AIM to jazzyreg Send a message via MSN to jazzyreg
I am probably the only chick in this thread but OMG I LOVE UFC! Georges St-Pierre is my absolute favourite to watch too. I was really disappointed when he got injured a while back but I expect him to dominate this time! I never miss one of his fights on pay per view!

jazzyreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 05:50 PM
e-e

as much as i like gsp....matt is one of the strongest fighter in ufc...hes as strong as bear...it's gonna be great fight ... yeah

go habs go

e-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 06:37 PM
neopreneur

Quote:
I'm here everyday reading stuff about my beloved Canadiens. Just don't post at all. But, I saw MMA and I had to as its my passion. I actually run a promotion out of Quebec called APEX.
Wow, nice!

I've heard of APEX but I must admit that I'm new to the MMA scene. I see on your website that the last event was right near my place... when's the next event? I'll probably buy tickets and support your efforts!

Old
10-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Astaroth

Quote:
He didn't gass
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=3627

ps: BJ Penn was so awesome in this fight. Man I was going nuts, I thought he had it... too bad
I don't know, there were several conflicting reports after the fight and I don't know who to believe. UFC has been known to be loose with the facts when it comes to protect a fighter's market value. He has a history of gassing, even at 155. Alot of natural talent but his tank isn't the best.

Old
10-25-2006, 08:46 PM
Pascal

Looking forward to that fight, it'd be great to have a local boy bring some exposure to MMA fighting.

p.s. he sounds like a real nice guy

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 08:47 PM
Perez Rocks!!

He's the best!

He will kick Hughes' a**!

People in St-Rémi are just talking about him, as St-Rémi is right beside St-Isidore. We are proud of him and hope he will win.

Perez Rocks!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 08:47 PM
Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Looking forward to that fight, it'd be great to have a local boy bring some exposure to MMA fighting.

p.s. he sounds like a real nice guy
His broken english; "it's my riddum..." lol. Great guy, though I don't see how he cuts to 170, he's a real big guy.

Old
10-25-2006, 09:40 PM
neopreneur

vBookie:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=304802

Old
10-25-2006, 10:05 PM
AlexCap

Quote:
Wow, nice!

I've heard of APEX but I must admit that I'm new to the MMA scene. I see on your website that the last event was right near my place... when's the next event? I'll probably buy tickets and support your efforts!
Our next show is January 13th back in Gatineau at the Robert Guertin Arena. We also signed a deal with The Score that will be showing MMA on a weekly basis starting with our show a couple weeks ago. We'll be producing shows across Canada for them. Hopefully you'll be seeing the next St-Pierre as Canada has a ton of talent.

Shoot me an email at alex@apexfighting.com.. I'll make sure you'll know the days the tickets go on sale. MMA fan and Canadiens fan, how can I not take care of you... lol

Old
10-25-2006, 10:17 PM
neopreneur

Quote:
Our next show is January 13th back in Gatineau at the Robert Guertin Arena. We also signed a deal with The Score that will be showing MMA on a weekly basis starting with our show a couple weeks ago. We'll be producing shows across Canada for them. Hopefully you'll be seeing the next St-Pierre as Canada has a ton of talent.

Shoot me an email at alex@apexfighting.com.. I'll make sure you'll know the days the tickets go on sale. MMA fan and Canadiens fan, how can I not take care of you... lol
done and done

Old
10-25-2006, 10:24 PM
Shabutie

Quote:

Hey man, Robert Guertin is right on my back door step. How much do the ticket prices usually range from?

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Hey man, Robert Guertin is right on my back door step. How much do the ticket prices usually range from?
I can guess that regular seats are between 30 and 40$ (TKO and UGC standards) and probably over a 100 for ringside VIP tables (129$ plus taxes pour TKO and UGC).

APEX has some quality fighters; from Jeff Curran (pride) and Wes Sims (well, not exactly the most technical of fighters but still a big name). I'm not too familiar with other fighters as my gym's fighters are mostly associated with TKO or UGC.

Old
10-25-2006, 11:07 PM
lou4gehrig

This is a great thread. GSP has the best chance of anyone in a long time defeating Hughes. Although Matt is an animal and he will have to be perfect to beat him. One mistake and GSP is done.

Neither can compare to Royce Gracie though. Check out this video from UFC 1 and 2 before they had rules or weight divisions. Guy was sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxe9psGprEo

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2006, 11:23 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
I'll tell you one thing: Hughes damned near lost to Penn at UFC 63, and would have if it hadn't been for Penn's lack of conditioning. GSP doesn't have that problem.

GSP dethrones the champion by TKO in the second round.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote