HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Comrie worth Perezhogin and a first rounder?

View Poll Results: Is Comrie Worth Perezhogin and a first?
Yes... he's a good fit 9 14.06%
No... I'd stick with my guns 55 85.94%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2003, 07:32 PM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
Is Comrie worth Perezhogin and a first rounder?

Yes he's worth it
No way

Hey guys, I am just asking this as a question as I am debating with some guys who happen to think that he is... Just want to hear some feed back as to what others think..

Old
11-26-2003, 07:45 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
Yes he's worth it
No way

Hey guys, I am just asking this as a question as I am debating with some guys who happen to think that he is... Just want to hear some feed back as to what others think..
I'm not convinced I'd trade Perezhogin straight up for Comrie. Comrie is highly skilled but a team cancer (so I heard) and doesn't play defensively. He's also a midget and I doubt he'd be that good in the east.

Old
11-26-2003, 07:59 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Yes he's worth it
No way

No way. Our 1st looks to be anywhere from say 5th overall to 15th. That can be a major asset right there, then add Perezhogin, who can be a 1st liner in 2-3 years. If Gainey did this deal I would puke.

Old
11-26-2003, 08:18 PM
theo6060

I wouldn't do it for several reasons.

1) We're in a rebuilding stage (despite what BG says) so it wouldn't make sense to trade a top prospect.
2) WAY too many small centers (under 6feet we'd have Koivu, Higgins, Plekanec) that is unless Higgins will be playing left wing.
3) Don't hear good stuff about his attitude and we don't need any negativity.
4) This year, our first rounder could land us a great talent. We could get someone like Wolski if we finish bad enough.
5) Again, Perezhogin and possibly Wolski for another small talented center with no defense in Comrie? No way.

Old
11-26-2003, 08:24 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Yes he's worth it
No way

Is that guy an Oiler fan? You would probably be hard pressed to find a bottom 15 team fan that would trade a 1st and a top prospect for Comrie in the present situation.

Old
11-26-2003, 08:26 PM
Zednik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Is that guy an Oiler fan? You would probably be hard pressed to find a bottom 15 team fan that would trade a 1st and a top prospect for Comrie in the present situation.
Perezhogin + 2nd rounder is fair IMO.

Old
11-26-2003, 08:42 PM
SuperUnknown

Comrie would just not fit in Montreal. We don't need yet another small center... (unless we unload at least 1)

Old
11-26-2003, 09:37 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger
I'm not convinced I'd trade Perezhogin straight up for Comrie. Comrie is highly skilled but a team cancer (so I heard) and doesn't play defensively. He's also a midget and I doubt he'd be that good in the east.
I agree....Comrie is the last thing the Habs need right now. A better fit at center would be a guy like Arnott. But Comrie would just add to the problems that we have going on.

Old
11-26-2003, 09:47 PM
Habsolution

The oilers aren't really in position to ask for the sky in Comrie's case. If you take a look at the McClaren situation last year the bruins got Hackett and Jillson. But they also gave up a pick or two I think. So they got a soon to be UFA goalie and a dman prospect. I don't think teams are lining up to overpay for a guy like Comrie. So I'd never give a top 50 prospect with a 1st rounder (which has a chance to be very good) for a guy like MC. Now if you look at our current situation it's even more obvious that we'd be totaly stupid to pull out such a move. We already have our #1-2 centers for this season. They are small and Comrie is too. While he'd be an upgrade over Ribeiro I just don't think it would be worth it.

Old
11-27-2003, 01:13 AM
G Man 77

I'd say yes to Perezhogin and a 2nd.

You guys say Comrie is too small, well Perezhogin isn't big either... actually Comrie is quite a bit tougher IMO and he's a proven commodity while Perezhogin is still just a prospect.

A second rounder is another "maybe"... and that's a maybe in 5 years.
We've built up our prospect base to the point where we can afford to lose a 2nd rounder to improve the team today.

As for us not needing him at center, two things:

- can't he play the wing too?..
- It may not be a popular opinion but I wouldn't be against moving Koivu and his frail body and replacing him with Comrie as #1 center. I'm just sick of counting on a guy that misses so many games because of injury or illness year in & year out.

Package Koivu & Rivet for a big skilled winger... trade Perezhogin and a 2nd for Comrie... and you have for next year:

"big winger"-Comrie-Ryder
Higgins-Ribeiro-Zednik
Bulis-Hossa-Kilger
Langdon-Bégin-Ward

Markov-Brisebois
Souray-Komisarek
Hainsey/Bouillon-Quintal

Perreault, Juneau, Dackell, Sundstrom are let go as their contracts expire. Audette is bought out of his remaining year.

I wouldn't mind that at all... not that I expect us to make either move.

Old
11-27-2003, 03:59 AM
Bob Bastards

You forgot the "ARE YOU FU**ING CRAZY?" anwser in the pool...

Comrie is 5'9". 5'9" for God sake! Don't we have enought of small prima dona? Jeez you guy will never change, whine for 6 month that the team is form by a bunch of smurf and as soon as one midget is for trade evrybody want him. And don't start again with the "Yeah I know is small, but he play with a big heart" crap. Bouillon play with all the heart in the world and have the same shape as Comrie, do you think Bertuzzi have any trouble pushing him the other day? Give me a break and call me back when is 6'2", till then let the Oilers deal with their ***** we have enought already to take care of without adding another one...

Old
11-27-2003, 04:28 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob ********

Comrie is 5'9". 5'9" for God sake! Don't we have enought of small prima dona? Jeez you guy will never change, whine for 6 month that the team is form by a bunch of smurf and as soon as one midget is for trade evrybody want him. And don't start again with the "Yeah I know is small, but he play with a big heart" crap. Bouillon play with all the heart in the world and have the same shape as Comrie, do you think Bertuzzi have any trouble pushing him the other day? Give me a break and call me back when is 6'2", till then let the Oilers deal with their ***** we have enought already to take care of without adding another one...
I don't want the guy at that price... In fact, I've been arguing that I definately don't want him on the trade board.. I just wanted to hear for sure I wasn't crazy 'cause by some of the reactions, it seems that way

Old
11-27-2003, 04:40 AM
Bob Bastards

Quote:
I don't want the guy at that price... In fact, I've been arguing that I definately don't want him on the trade board.. I just wanted to hear for sure I wasn't crazy 'cause by some of the reactions, it seems that way
Sorry if you think I was applying that you are crazy, that was not the case. I was only a general idea of how I feel about the guy. I just that I am a little tired of all the hyped around this guy...

No hard feeling OK :p

Old
11-27-2003, 05:09 AM
skidboot

Quote:
Yes he's worth it
No way

Sure...why not...lets deal a couple of first rounders, pay what Comrie is looking for and be happy.

C'mon think about it.

Old
11-27-2003, 05:37 AM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 1131
add something and get Iginla is a better option

Old
11-27-2003, 06:05 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
no draft choice .

we will do it may be , if the deal is Perez , perreault , Audette and Traverse for comrie ....

Old
11-27-2003, 06:09 AM
Darz

Is Comrie worth it???? Value wise, it is close.

Should Montreal do it???? Not a chance.

Old
11-27-2003, 02:53 PM
Rahan

I doubt the value is so close. Perezhogin one of our top 4 prospect in the forwards group, and not that far in the top 100 of the whole NHL.
Add to this another 1st rounder or 2nd rounder? Negative...

Old
11-27-2003, 03:08 PM
Andrei Kastsitsyn*

Quote:
Yes he's worth it
No way

I would do it, he's 23, not even in his prime yet, he's small, but very fast and strong on his skates. He's a great talent and an unproven prospect and another unproven prospect for a PROVEN 23yr old player i think we should do it. However i doubt they would ask for this much in a deal.

Old
11-27-2003, 03:10 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zednik
Perezhogin + 2nd rounder is fair IMO.
much fairer. but of course I would ask for more but it's in the ballpark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob ********

I would have to agree with what this guys says although would not say it as harshly, but you gotta love that passion.

Old
11-27-2003, 03:10 PM
Andrei Kastsitsyn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
I doubt the value is so close. Perezhogin one of our top 4 prospect in the forwards group, and not that far in the top 100 of the whole NHL.
Add to this another 1st rounder or 2nd rounder? Negative...
prospect, TOP "prospect", which means unproven, Comrie is only 3 years older than Perezhogin and already has 2 20+ goal seasons including 1 33 goal season.

Old
11-27-2003, 03:18 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kastsitsyn
prospect, TOP "prospect", which means unproven, Comrie is only 3 years older than Perezhogin and already has 2 20+ goal seasons including 1 33 goal season.
Comrie was rushed to replace Weight. He's been playing with awful players such as Anson Carter and Ryan Smyth, poor him!...

Old
11-27-2003, 03:24 PM
Andrei Kastsitsyn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger
Comrie was rushed to replace Weight. He's been playing with awful players such as Anson Carter and Ryan Smyth, poor him!...
Wow, Anson Carter, maybe the most overhyped player on the Canadiens forum. =p

Just because he played with good players takes nothing away from his skill, most of the time from what i saw he's been the main asset on there, and also producing many highlight reel plays. Comrie is only going to get better, and he's the type of player that yes he's small but, with his speed and lower body strength, it shouldnt affect him much at all.

Old
11-27-2003, 03:55 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kastsitsyn
Wow, Anson Carter, maybe the most overhyped player on the Canadiens forum. =p

Just because he played with good players takes nothing away from his skill, most of the time from what i saw he's been the main asset on there, and also producing many highlight reel plays. Comrie is only going to get better, and he's the type of player that yes he's small but, with his speed and lower body strength, it shouldnt affect him much at all.

But he still remains small, we don't need another Koivu, as great as he is we need more of a punishing center or a guy who can use his size to his advantage like Spezza, he won't necessarily hit, but his size is an advantage, Comries size is not.

I also don't believe in trading Koivu and Rivet for a big winger because I'd like to know which team would actually give a first line powerforward away for a so called 2nd line center and a 4th defensemen?

With the way we're playing, we might have a good chance at Malkin or Shremp, if we get either, we'll be set.

Old
11-27-2003, 03:57 PM
Andrei Kastsitsyn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
But he still remains small, we don't need another Koivu, as great as he is we need more of a punishing center or a guy who can use his size to his advantage like Spezza, he won't necessarily hit, but his size is an advantage, Comries size is not.

I also don't believe in trading Koivu and Rivet for a big winger because I'd like to know which team would actually give a first line powerforward away for a so called 2nd line center and a 4th defensemen?

With the way we're playing, we might have a good chance at Malkin or Shremp, if we get either, we'll be set.
Spezza uses his size to his advantage? Actually Spezza seems a little weak to me, to say someone like Nash, i don't think the Spezza remark was accurate, anyway i understand what you're saying, but still.. i would do it, perezhogin and a 1st for comrie, i would do it, wann argue that with me?

Closed Thread