HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Not a GDT but re: tonight's game

Old
11-18-2006, 07:54 AM
cupotrevor

vCash: 500
Not a GDT but re: tonight's game

got an e-mail saying if you show up tonight with 5 non-winning lottery tix you can get a free ticket and a t-shirt..probably not the best seats in the house but....if someone else can confirm this please do..i would hate to send people off with bad info..if i recall correctly this will be happening for every saturday game this season..

cupotrevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 08:22 AM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupotrevor View Post
got an e-mail saying if you show up tonight with 5 non-winning lottery tix you can get a free ticket and a t-shirt..probably not the best seats in the house but....if someone else can confirm this please do..i would hate to send people off with bad info..if i recall correctly this will be happening for every saturday game this season..
The level of desperation Panthers' marketing is stooping to is embarrassing, to say the least.

After moving up to North Carolina and having my phone forwarded, I'm still getting marketing calls from these people.

I hope for the sake of the organization, this team strings together a handful of wins going into December. And, maybe with all the increased tourism and visitors to South Florida winter, we can start seeing some seats sell on their own without all the ridiculous offers.

I feel for the STH's, as they've gotten the short end of the stick year after year, watching tickets get bandied about like leaves off a tree. Meanwhile, they pony up their hard-earned money to secure seats and find themselves paying 2 or 3x what the casual fan pays.

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 03:25 PM
catfan927

Send a message via AIM to catfan927
Enough of the BS, just because the fans get the "free tix" it isnt the Panthers that are giving them away. Whether its Longhorn Steakhouse, Miami Subs, or the Florida Lottery someone is buying the tickets and then using them as bait to have you buy their product. Personally I dont really care for either restaurant but I did go to MS to get a combo platter and the ticket voucher to have for when I want to bring my kids and wife. So at least in my case it worked. I still have my STH and they will be playing hockey on the River Styx before I would ever consider giving them up. So if you want to boo hoo about the fans who take advantage of the freebies go ahead. I would rather have a packed house of fans on vouchers than a 3/4 empty barn like they currently have in Chicago.

Last edited by catfan927: 11-18-2006 at 03:26 PM. Reason: my usual typing defficiancies
catfan927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Ekblast
Formerly Akgoalie7

Send a message via AIM to Ekblast
i'm waiting for .75 tix again...... it was fun going with 10 people

Ekblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 11:00 PM
cupotrevor

i got a freebie ticket for my neice...they were giving sec. 401 above row 15 away..but she sat over in 425 with me...i agree with catfan it does help those sth who want to bring along family or friends for a game or two without large cash outlays for tix....too bad we lost the game...

cupotrevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 11:59 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfan927 View Post
Enough of the BS, just because the fans get the "free tix" it isnt the Panthers that are giving them away.
Yes it is.

Quote:
I still have my STH and they will be playing hockey on the River Styx before I would ever consider giving them up.
Thats why they feel they can treat us like crap. They assume that the die hards will come back no matter what.

Quote:
So if you want to boo hoo about the fans who take advantage of the freebies go ahead. I would rather have a packed house of fans on vouchers than a 3/4 empty barn like they currently have in Chicago.
If they want to fill the house - fine. But when I am shelling out a few thousand bucks a year, I want a few thousand bucks of value from the organization. If they drop the value of their product for others, I expect them to make up the difference in what I paid and what they perceive the value to be. Give me a game worn jersey, or an autographed stick, food vouchers - something, anything to say "Hey, we know you are doing your part to support hockey in South Florida - we want to say thanks." Offering me 75 cent tickets doesn't cut it. If you think that SSE is doing a good job with appeasing their base you are in a distinct minority.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote