HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 11/18/06 15 Years On A Dead Man's Chest - Islanders Vs. Panthers

Old
11-19-2006, 01:33 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
I think just looking at this board nowadays tells you how sick and tired people are at this team. So many posters dont bother to write here anymore at all or nearly as often as they used to. Because our team is the same story year in year out. Nothing is ever done to take this team in a new direction other than fire coaches / gm's once in a while. It feels like we do more coaching changes than player changes. This team clearly isnt fit for the new NHL. It's time to clean house while we still can. Trading Luongo was our biggest mistake now were gonna have to suffer with Auld and medicore goaltending for years to come. I say keep Weiss, Bouwmeester, Jokinen and Horton the rest can go.
Don't worry, im still posting.

Bouwmeester, Weiss, Horton and Olesz i'd keep. Im fed up with Jokinen, i have no idea why but i am. Everytime i watch him he never impresses me.
Havlat or Bertuzzi? Yep, we got the better and more exciting player for sure.

George, did Olesz really get sent down?

Another Question, is Martin actually Keenan without the evil mole on the top of his head? I can't understand why Olesz gets so little damn ice time. One of the few guys on our team with genuine offensive talent, and we aren't developing it. Instead Martin persists on toning his Two way game. I'd rather Olesz sucked on the D side, but was allowed to actually use his offensive weaponary. I couldn't give a damn if he doesn't skate back right now.

Jakub Voracek.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 01:33 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
I agree. We need much better offense. Jokinen is a great player (Although IMO he really needs to step up), but i don't think he can carry a team like Gabby, Havlat, Hossa etc.

Olesz and Horton are gonna be really important in the future. Horton if you will is a "new powerfoward" and down the line will be great. Olesz is extremely talented, but Martin doesn't give him enough ice time.
That is why im still happy with the Frolik pick. He may bust, but atleast for once we took a risk on a guy who could be an offensive wizard. We are not gonna go the the playoffs if we rely on Gelinas, Roberts, Niewy, Stumpel, Peltonen.

Havlat would of helped us so much more than Bertuzzi. Havlat is scary on his day, and is exactly what we don't have. A purely offensive star who can take over a game for us.

I might start to keep a much closer look at Jakub Voracek now. Looks like we may indeed have a shot at him.
Gaborik has 3 goals and 4 assists, if that is carrying a team, then Jokinen is carrying a whole division.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 01:36 PM
thebodyczech

Quote:
I agree. We need much better offense. Jokinen is a great player (Although IMO he really needs to step up), but i don't think he can carry a team like Gabby, Havlat, Hossa etc.

Olesz and Horton are gonna be really important in the future. Horton if you will is a "new powerfoward" and down the line will be great. Olesz is extremely talented, but Martin doesn't give him enough ice time.
That is why im still happy with the Frolik pick. He may bust, but atleast for once we took a risk on a guy who could be an offensive wizard. We are not gonna go the the playoffs if we rely on Gelinas, Roberts, Niewy, Stumpel, Peltonen.

Havlat would of helped us so much more than Bertuzzi. Havlat is scary on his day, and is exactly what we don't have. A purely offensive star who can take over a game for us.

I might start to keep a much closer look at Jakub Voracek now. Looks like we may indeed have a shot at him.
Agreed, through and through.

thebodyczech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 01:39 PM
thebodyczech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Gaborik has 3 goals and 4 assists, if that is carrying a team, then Jokinen is carrying a whole division.
Yes, it is, when you consider he's played 7 games.

thebodyczech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 01:39 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Gabby is injured. Gabby offensively is way more talented than Jokinen. Jokinen is good, despite annoying the hell out of me recently, but i'd take Gabby in a heartbeat.

Damn it, im nearing the 4000 post mark. God this is pathetic.

Jakub Voracek

Jakub Voracek

Jakub Voracek

Last edited by J17 Vs Proclamation: 11-19-2006 at 01:47 PM.
Old
11-19-2006, 01:41 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebodyczech View Post
Yes, it is, when you consider he's played 7 games.
So I guess Bertuzzi is carrying us then? He's got 7 points in 7 games. Doesn't mean a whole lot when you're not playing. Jokinen has been a very healthy player in his time with the team.

Old
11-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:

We can end up with the #1 overall pick but someway we'll trade down or pick the wrong player or we'll just plain out lose the lottery. In the last 7 years its the only thing we'd had some luck with untill that lockout year and we ended up with the last pick. It's funny that we couldnt finish last / end up with the #1 pick when there was SUPERSTAR available at #1 (AO and Sid) Dont get me wrong I love Bouw

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 01:49 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
We can end up with the #1 overall pick but someway we'll trade down or pick the wrong player or we'll just plain out lose the lottery. In the last 7 years its the only thing we'd had some luck with untill that lockout year and we ended up with the last pick. It's funny that we couldnt finish last / end up with the #1 pick when there was SUPERSTAR available at #1 (AO and Sid) Dont get me wrong I love Bouw
That always bothered me too. First off, we should have had a MUCH higher pick when they had the lottery after the lockout. For gods sake, we drafted 1 position before the defending Stanley Cup champions. Not to mention, like you said, we won the lottery when the superstars weren't available.

Old
11-19-2006, 01:52 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
That always bothered me too. First off, we should have had a MUCH higher pick when they had the lottery after the lockout. For gods sake, we drafted 1 position before the defending Stanley Cup champions. Not to mention, like you said, we won the lottery when the superstars weren't available.
Jakub Voracek here we come!

Well, 2002 and 2003 had superstars in them, and we got one and Horton may develop into one in the future. Crosby, AO and Malkin are very rare.

2009 looks exceptionally strong. Lets plan our destruction now, so we can get #1 in 09!

Old
11-19-2006, 01:56 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:

Well, 2002 and 2003 had superstars in them, and we got one and Horton may develop into one in the future. Crosby, AO and Malkin are very rare.

2009 looks exceptionally strong. Lets plan our destruction now, so we can get #1 in 09!

What's the report on this Voracek? I havent been following it much as I'm pretty despressed with whole NHL because my team sucks!

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 02:04 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
What's the report on this Voracek? I havent been following it much as I'm pretty despressed with whole NHL because my team sucks!
He is a czech prospect. Need i say more. Been compared to Hossa/Havlat.

I'll put a report in the prospect thread along with other top prospects this year. I'll also find some videos if i can. I gotta bolt now so i'll do it later aka College time!

Jakub Voracek!

He plays alot like TS

Old
11-19-2006, 02:16 PM
george63

Quote:
Don't worry, im still posting.

Bouwmeester, Weiss, Horton and Olesz i'd keep. Im fed up with Jokinen, i have no idea why but i am. Everytime i watch him he never impresses me.
Havlat or Bertuzzi? Yep, we got the better and more exciting player for sure.

George, did Olesz really get sent down?

Another Question, is Martin actually Keenan without the evil mole on the top of his head? I can't understand why Olesz gets so little damn ice time. One of the few guys on our team with genuine offensive talent, and we aren't developing it. Instead Martin persists on toning his Two way game. I'd rather Olesz sucked on the D side, but was allowed to actually use his offensive weaponary. I couldn't give a damn if he doesn't skate back right now.

Jakub Voracek.
Yes, he must more shoot, J.M said. He shoot against Montreal 6 shots(few?). He have to pick up self-confidence . GM is unbelievably!!!

george63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 02:33 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by george63 View Post
Yes, he must more shoot, J.M said. He shoot against Montreal 6 shots(few?). He have to pick up self-confidence . GM is unbelievably!!!
So I'm assuming that's a yes to Olesz being sent down to Rochester. I wonder where that can be confirmed. Anyways, if he were it wouldn't be a BAD thing I don't think. Let him light it up down there nad get some confidence before coming back up and scoring maybe. 1 goal in 20 games is PATHETIC for him even though the icetime he sees is terrible.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 02:38 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
If Rusty's been sent down, who's taking his place?

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 02:51 PM
george63

Kiwi

george63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 03:04 PM
PanthersRule96

Has he been? I haven't seen it anywhere??????

Old
11-19-2006, 03:28 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Kiwi
Okay, well now I'm officially ticked at Jacques Martin.

Unless he's sending Rusty down to spark a fire, and then bringing him back up if he does, and then actually giving him solid minutes every night.

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 03:30 PM
HockeySS19

Wow. This team does have some major problems and I really hope something is done about it.

HockeySS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 03:45 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySS19 View Post
Wow. This team does have some major problems and I really hope something is done about it.
They should just fold. **** just isn't working out.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 04:15 PM
timetraveler023
Unregistered User

Quote:
Martin sent Rusty to Rochester, one week!!!
I can't confirm that, but I went to their practice this morning, and Martin spent a good twenty minutes talking to Olesz aside and then after he took a few shots, he just disappeared.

timetraveler023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 04:40 PM
George Richards

just saw this post about olesz...team is still flying so will update if I hear something...

George Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 05:24 PM
George Richards

confirmed: olesz to rochester...

George Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 05:27 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Richards View Post
confirmed: olesz to rochester...
Way to get on this, whoever initially posted it. George, do you have any idea how long he's going to be down there? Is it indeed for a week stint? Or is it until he starts to show some more offense in his game?

Old
11-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Lauser3*

Bouwmeester has a -3 night (worse on the team for the game) but no one calls him out on it? Surprise, surprise. I thought the +/- stat was an important one?

Lauser3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 05:41 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauser3 View Post
Bouwmeester has a -3 night (worse on the team for the game) but no one calls him out on it? Surprise, surprise. I thought the +/- stat was an important one?
You know, he wasn't good by any means, but Allen was far worse last night. The first goal was Allen's fault, 3rd goal, Bouw's fault KIND of, but then again, that pass shouldn't have even gotten through to Blake, and Blake skating forwards is as fast as anyone.