HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: New York Rangers @ Pittsburgh Penguins - Sat. 7:30PM

Old
11-18-2006, 12:19 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
GDT: New York Rangers @ Pittsburgh Penguins - Sat. 7:30PM

@
(10-8-1) ----- (8-7-2)

7:30 PM
Mellon Arena

TV: MSG 2
Radio: ESPN 1050

MSG2 CHANNEL LISTING - http://www.nyoverflow.com/a.html

STANDINGS:
Penguins - 18 points, 4th place, Atlantic Division.
Rangers - 21 points, 2nd place, Atlantic Division.

TEAM LEADERS:
Penguins – Crosby and Malkin, 9 goals each; Crosby, 17 assists and 26 points; Chris Thorburn, 32 PIM.
Rangers -- Shanahan, 14 goals; Jagr 21 assists and 29 points; Ryan Hollweg, 39 PIM.

SPECIAL TEAMS:
Penguins -- Power play: 17.0 percent (16 for 94). Penalty killing: 82.6 percent (90 for 109).
Rangers - Power play: 20.4 percent (22 for 108). Penalty killing: 83.9 percent (94 for 112).

GOALTENDERS:
Penguins – Marc-Andre Fleury (8-5-1, 1 SO, 2.94 GAA); Jocelyn Thibault (0-2-1, 0, 4.00).
Rangers -- Lundqvist (8-6-0, 0, 3.26); Kevin Weekes (2-1-1, 0, 3.64).

2005-06 SEASON SERIES:
Penguins, 1-0-0

ROAD/HOME RECORDS:
Penguins -- 4-4-1 at home;
Rangers – 7-4-0 on road.

LAST MEETING:
Oct. 12, 2006; Penguins 6, Rangers 5
at Madison Square Garden. Crosby scored with 3.3 seconds remaining in regulation to give the Penguins a victory.
The game was a back-and-forth dogfight that saw two lead changes.
The Rangers also came back from three one-goal deficits to tie the game, but ran out of time after Crosby's power-play goal at 19:56 of the third. Five different players scored for the Rangers.

Rangers are 0-2-0 on MSG2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight, Jaromir Jagr will be chasing a milestone achieved by only 15 other NHL'ers, including his teammate Brendan Shanahan. Jagr enters his 1,129th contest with 599 career goals and will try to get #600 tonight in the building where he scored his first NHL goal.

It would be the first time two teammates reach the magical #600 on the same team, during the same season.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 11-18-2006 at 12:42 PM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Another good GDT HBNYC.

it will be intresting to see if they can hold Crosby AND Malkin at bay tonight. The Pens are comming off a loss last night, and while with any other team I would expect them to be a little tired, with this team I expect them to be ready to go tonight. I think the Rangers can pull it off tonight and I would love to see Jagr get his 600th goal tonight. If not tonight then tomorrow, because i'll be there lol.
LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 12:47 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

here is the link for sams blog http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/, and according to him we may actually see POCK

Old
11-18-2006, 12:47 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
@
(10-8-1) ----- (8-7-2)

7:30 PM
Mellon Arena

TV: MSG 2
Radio: ESPN 1050

MSG2 CHANNEL LISTING - http://www.nyoverflow.com/a.html

STANDINGS:
Penguins - 18 points, 4th place, Atlantic Division.
Rangers - 21 points, 2nd place, Atlantic Division.

TEAM LEADERS:
Penguins – Crosby and Malkin, 9 goals each; Crosby, 17 assists and 26 points; Chris Thorburn, 32 PIM.
Rangers -- Shanahan, 14 goals; Jagr 21 assists and 29 points; Ryan Hollweg, 39 PIM.

SPECIAL TEAMS:
Penguins -- Power play: 17.0 percent (16 for 94). Penalty killing: 82.6 percent (90 for 109).
Rangers - Power play: 20.4 percent (22 for 108). Penalty killing: 83.9 percent (94 for 112).

GOALTENDERS:
Penguins – Marc-Andre Fleury (8-5-1, 1 SO, 2.94 GAA); Jocelyn Thibault (0-2-1, 0, 4.00).
Rangers -- Lundqvist (8-6-0, 0, 3.26); Kevin Weekes (2-1-1, 0, 3.64).

2005-06 SEASON SERIES:
Penguins, 1-0-0

ROAD/HOME RECORDS:
Penguins -- 4-4-1 at home;
Rangers – 7-4-0 on road.

LAST MEETING:
Oct. 12, 2006; Penguins 6, Rangers 5
at Madison Square Garden. Crosby scored with 3.3 seconds remaining in regulation to give the Penguins a victory.
The game was a back-and-forth dogfight that saw two lead changes.
The Rangers also came back from three one-goal deficits to tie the game, but ran out of time after Crosby's power-play goal at 19:56 of the third. Five different players scored for the Rangers.

Rangers are 0-2-0 on MSG2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight, Jaromir Jagr will be chasing a milestone achieved by only 15 other NHL'ers, including his teammate Brendan Shanahan. Jagr enters his 1,129th contest with 599 career goals and will try to get #600 tonight in the building where he scored his first NHL goal.

It would be the first time two teammates reach the magical #600 on the same team, during the same season.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!
If both players score tonight, it will be amazing.

Rangers 4-3 Win OT Win

Goals by Rangers: Shanny, Prucha , Cullen, Jagr GW in OT
Goals by Pens: Malkin, Staal, Crosby

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 12:51 PM
sickboy35

why is every freakin game on msg2 when the crappy knicks play? almost gettin to the point of being segregated to an extent isn't it? anywho, need this one bad! rangers 6 pens 3!

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Pock on the wing? ARGH.... how stupid can Renney be after all this time? Its insanity.

Thomas Pock, the next Sami Kapanen.... hopefully.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Pock on the wing? ARGH.... how stupid can Renney be after all this time? Its insanity.

Thomas Pock, the next Sami Kapanen.... hopefully.
I'm just happy if he plays.

Old
11-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Pugs35

I'll be there, the guy in the white Richter jersey if anyone else is going. Anyway it would be great to see Jagr get number 600. I just hope the Pens fans don't boo too much.

Let's Go Rangers!

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 01:52 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

If Jagr scores his 600th tonight and an overwhelming amount of Pitt fans boo (They should all know, itll be the big story tonight) they have absolutely no class.

Beyond the fact that guy played for them and won two cups - hes one of the best players ever in the NHL and arguably the best European player ever. Have some class and acknowledge a great moment when it happens on your ice.

I might be expecting too much from other organizations but you know the Garden would acknowledge a feat (for whomever) like that with only a smattering of boos, if that.

I'm not talking about the second he scores - i'm sure they have SOMETHING that indicates he just scored his 600th.

I hope that will be the case in Pitt if he does it. If not i'll have a newfound hatred for the Pens, and yes its that easy for me.

Sometimes fans have to know when to let it go for a minute, the guy helped win back to back cups for crying out loud.

Old
11-18-2006, 02:26 PM
TheOtherMac25

Send a message via AIM to TheOtherMac25
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
If Jagr scores his 600th tonight and an overwhelming amount of Pitt fans boo (They should all know, itll be the big story tonight) they have absolutely no class.

Beyond the fact that guy played for them and won two cups - hes one of the best players ever in the NHL and arguably the best European player ever. Have some class and acknowledge a great moment when it happens on your ice.

I'm not talking about the second he scores - i'm sure they have SOMETHING that indicates he just scored his 600th.

I hope that will be the case in Pitt if he does it. If not i'll have a newfound hatred for the Pens, and yes its that easy for me.
Theres not alot of mixed reaction on our boards due to this, for the most part people want to see it happen. Someone brought up the point that he scored 440 of them with us.

Nevertheless, if he does do it, I think the only place youll see boos are from our student rushers, and that is because they either dont know what happened or they dont care. Its a feat few have accomplished, and it should be honored accordingly. Im just glad it can possibly happen at the rink he spent many years playing in.

TheOtherMac25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 02:53 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbot View Post
Theres not alot of mixed reaction on our boards due to this, for the most part people want to see it happen. Someone brought up the point that he scored 440 of them with us.

Nevertheless, if he does do it, I think the only place youll see boos are from our student rushers, and that is because they either dont know what happened or they dont care. Its a feat few have accomplished, and it should be honored accordingly. Im just glad it can possibly happen at the rink he spent many years playing in.
Good to hear. I'm sure theres alot of true hockey fans like yourself that would say the same.

I'm sorry if i overreacted to something that hasnt even happend yet (and who knows if he will score his 600 tonight) but i can't help but see (and hear) how much the Pens fans in general hate this guy whos scored 440 goals with their franchise and won 2 cups. It's a given Jagr has a target on his back in almost every arena but its really rough in Pitt. when he plays there.

But thats sports.

Old
11-18-2006, 03:18 PM
NYRMatt

I remember the last New York Ranger vs. Pittsburgh Penguin game this season. Although we lost with 3.3 remaining in the 3rd. I was one of the shooters in 2nd Period Halftime shootout with my brother and my brothers friend. It was one of the greatest experiences ever. Just being on the MSG Ice was good enough for me but being able to shoot 5 shots from the blueline in 20 seconds in front of all those people was great. But soon after I got the bonus center ice shot. Sadly, I missed it.

But I got a signed Petr Prucha official NYR hockey puck, car sticker, NYR t-shirt, alot of magnets of players, and alot more other NYR goodies!

Aside from that, Let's go Rangers!

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 03:19 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal_NYR View Post
I remember the last New York Ranger vs. Pittsburgh Penguin game this season. Although we lost with 3.3 remaining in the 3rd. I was one of the shooters in 2nd Period Halftime shootout with my brother and my brothers friend. It was one of the greatest experiences ever. Just being on the MSG Ice was good enough for me but being able to shoot 5 shots from the blueline in 20 seconds in front of all those people was great. But soon after I got the bonus center ice shot. Sadly, I missed it.

But I got a signed Petr Prucha official NYR hockey puck, car sticker, NYR t-shirt, alot of magnets of players, and alot more other NYR goodies!

Aside from that, Let's go Rangers!
I should probably appologize then, i'm pretty sure I boo'd you just for the sake of booing. Where you the one who got it in?

Old
11-18-2006, 03:20 PM
TheOtherMac25

Send a message via AIM to TheOtherMac25
Eh, Ill admit i was a lil taken back when he left. Its due to the attitude that he showed. But over time, you think about what he did. So yes, alot of fans wouldnt let go. I hope he gets it tonight. But if he doesnt, so be it.

TheOtherMac25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 03:24 PM
NYRMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I should probably appologize then, i'm pretty sure I boo'd you just for the sake of booing. Where you the one who got it in?
Lets just say I was the younger of the 3 in that shootout. I got 5 of them in from the blueline in under 20 seconds. Then I moved to the redline and missed it. If I made it, I would have a signed Prucha stick. Like I said, I was the youngest and I wore a Lundqvist Away Jersey (signed). My brother and his friend wore Lundqvist Sweden Jersey (signed). I never played hockey so thats why I sucked.

Thanks for the appologies though

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shoothepuck

NY needs to come out strong and play hard. They need the win and the Pens off of a loss, playing at home, will skate. Jagr's milestone would be nice, but would be better with a win next to it. Pock anywhere on the ice tonight, will be good to see.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
True Blue

Pock at forward? Isn't there a 4th liner in (Byers?) Hartford that can be used for a game? It's not fair to the kid, after not having played forward for that long.

The other point is that Crosby, Malkin & Staal are tailor made to rip anyone not named Ward or Tyutin apart. I fear this game becuase the Pens forwards are easily capable of skating circles (and already have) around the Rangers poorus defense.

Last edited by True Blue: 11-18-2006 at 03:36 PM.
True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 04:10 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Wonder who Pitt is scratching tonight...

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 04:39 PM
larsmark

Who is expected to be in net?

larsmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 04:49 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Lundqvist is in.

Old
11-18-2006, 04:52 PM
VEGASRANGERFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Pock at forward? Isn't there a 4th liner in (Byers?) Hartford that can be used for a game? It's not fair to the kid, after not having played forward for that long.

The other point is that Crosby, Malkin & Staal are tailor made to rip anyone not named Ward or Tyutin apart. I fear this game becuase the Pens forwards are easily capable of skating circles (and already have) around the Rangers poorus defense.
I would think Pock would rather play forward than sit in the press box again.

VEGASRANGERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 05:01 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Here comes the A game

11-18-2006, 05:15 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASRANGERFAN View Post
I would think Pock would rather play forward than sit in the press box again.
That's not the point.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 05:27 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Pittsburgh is a real tough team, should put us to test tonight. It seems like it's Sid-Rechi-Malkin-Leclair-Gonchar and then very good tough checkers. Petrovicky even though he's hurt fits that role...then...Cairns-Orpik-Ruutu-Roy-Armstrong-Talbot-Thorburn. Should be an interesting test. Had a lacrosse tourney today...very long day and a long night last night seems like I've been out so long and have missed so many games but really haven't missed ANY. Let's go tonight

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Hockey MD

Send a message via AIM to Hockey MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
That's not the point.
Agreed, Pock should be in competition for a Defensive spot, Renney has failed to create any competition in the defense positions, I rememeber Poti sitting out early in the season last year because he wasnt playing well, I just haven't seen that from Renney. Pock should have been playing 5 games ago (at least) on D. An why did Dawes go away!!!!!!!! Sather you ***.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 11-18-2006 at 06:13 PM.
Hockey MD is offline   Reply With Quote