HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brewer's Injury?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-26-2003, 07:29 PM
  #1
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,732
vCash: 500
Brewer's Injury?

Has anyone heard anything on Brewer's injury? The TSN announcers claimed it was a groin pull and he wasn't seen for the rest of the game after he left the ice. I'm hoping it's a very mild pull as he was just starting to play well again.. he was jumping up a lot into the play in the early going against Detroit and it seemed like his injury cued the landslide. Hopefully he's okay and will be out there against Colorado on Friday..

Cerebral is online now  
Old
11-26-2003, 07:32 PM
  #2
Walsher
Registered User
 
Walsher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
Has anyone heard anything on Brewer's injury? The TSN announcers claimed it was a groin pull and he wasn't seen for the rest of the game after he left the ice. I'm hoping it's a very mild pull as he was just starting to play well again.. he was jumping up a lot into the play in the early going against Detroit and it seemed like his injury cued the landslide. Hopefully he's okay and will be out there against Colorado on Friday..

I almost hope he misses a few games if only to refocus him. He has been, for lack of a better term, AWEFUL this year at both ends of the rink. Even though he is playing better of late he is still nowhere near where he should be. Too many mistakes, not enough consistency. Even in games he plays well he makes too many mistakes. For a guy with 7 seasons experience he is making rookie mistakes.

Walsher is offline  
Old
11-26-2003, 07:34 PM
  #3
oildrop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
I almost hope he misses a few games if only to refocus him. He has been, for lack of a better term, AWEFUL this year at both ends of the rink. Even though he is playing better of late he is still nowhere near where he should be. Too many mistakes, not enough consistency. Even in games he plays well he makes too many mistakes. For a guy with 7 seasons experience he is making rookie mistakes.
If Brewer is out the Oilers defence is going to be even worse then it already is. I don't want to see Ferguson and Cross more then I already have to.

oildrop is offline  
Old
11-26-2003, 07:35 PM
  #4
Hairball
Registered User
 
Hairball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oiler Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
I almost hope he misses a few games if only to refocus him. He has been, for lack of a better term, AWEFUL this year at both ends of the rink. Even though he is playing better of late he is still nowhere near where he should be. Too many mistakes, not enough consistency. Even in games he plays well he makes too many mistakes. For a guy with 7 seasons experience he is making rookie mistakes.

Also, that will give Semenov the chance he apparantly needs to redeem himself. I like the idea of Bergeron and Semenov paired up. They seem to be complete opposites.

Hairball is offline  
Old
11-26-2003, 07:39 PM
  #5
Walsher
Registered User
 
Walsher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oildrop
If Brewer is out the Oilers defence is going to be even worse then it already is. I don't want to see Ferguson and Cross more then I already have to.
But, as slow and unskilled as Cross and Ferguson are they make far fewer glaring mistakes. I don't mind it at all. Let him watch. Let him learn. Make him earn that spot back. He certainly hasn't earned anything thus far.

Walsher is offline  
Old
11-26-2003, 07:42 PM
  #6
Thalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oildrop
If Brewer is out the Oilers defence is going to be even worse then it already is. I don't want to see Ferguson and Cross more then I already have to.
I tend to agree with this thought.

Thalia is offline  
Old
11-26-2003, 08:10 PM
  #7
mbam99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Red Deer
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to mbam99
This is from Sportsnet....

"Edmonton D Eric Brewer sustained a strained groin in the first and didn't return. He's day-to-day."

mbam99 is offline  
Old
11-27-2003, 07:12 AM
  #8
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
Has anyone heard anything on Brewer's injury? The TSN announcers claimed it was a groin pull and he wasn't seen for the rest of the game after he left the ice. I'm hoping it's a very mild pull as he was just starting to play well again.. he was jumping up a lot into the play in the early going against Detroit and it seemed like his injury cued the landslide. Hopefully he's okay and will be out there against Colorado on Friday..

OIL SPILLS

Losing the game was bad enough but the Oilers have also lost Eric Brewer for an undetermined amount of time.

The defenceman headed to the locker room in the first period with a groin pull. Coach Craig MacTavish wasn't encouraged by the word from the medical staff.

Brewer said he was hopeful he'd know more by today.

"I was just skating back on the play and I ticked a skate, and it was enough to throw me out of whack. I stretched my leg out too much, I guess," said the blue-liner. "I knew right away something wasn't right."

"I'm not optimistic," said MacTavish. "And early on, he was the only guy on the back end who looked like he had any legs. He was carrying the puck well."

http://www.canada.com/edmonton/sport...C-CB69BEF94270

__________________
"He just ate up Robyn Regehr for dinner, a spectacular play by Hemsky, and Robyn Regehr has got doo doo all over his face" - Rod Phillips call on Hemsky's goal vs the Flames
Narnia is offline  
Old
11-27-2003, 07:25 AM
  #9
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,880
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89
OIL SPILLS

Losing the game was bad enough but the Oilers have also lost Eric Brewer for an undetermined amount of time.

The defenceman headed to the locker room in the first period with a groin pull. Coach Craig MacTavish wasn't encouraged by the word from the medical staff.

Brewer said he was hopeful he'd know more by today.

"I was just skating back on the play and I ticked a skate, and it was enough to throw me out of whack. I stretched my leg out too much, I guess," said the blue-liner. "I knew right away something wasn't right."

"I'm not optimistic," said MacTavish. "And early on, he was the only guy on the back end who looked like he had any legs. He was carrying the puck well."

http://www.canada.com/edmonton/sport...C-CB69BEF94270
Yes, this seriously blows! We need Brewer to be the defensman he can/should be. Against the Jackets he showed a glimpse of that, he was doing good things with the puck in both ends and didn't make mistakes. In his, what - six shifts?- against the wings he was our best player out there, he was making big plays at both ends. It's a pitty that the few games he's away from home(a.k.a. girl friend a.k.a. bad distractions). If ANY injury had to happen why couldn't it have been while we were on a homestand!?!?

thome_26 is offline  
Old
11-27-2003, 07:29 AM
  #10
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Yes, this seriously blows! We need Brewer to be the defensman he can/should be. Against the Jackets he showed a glimpse of that, he was doing good things with the puck in both ends and didn't make mistakes. In his, what - six shifts?- against the wings he was our best player out there, he was making big plays at both ends. It's a pitty that the few games he's away from home(a.k.a. girl friend a.k.a. bad distractions). If ANY injury had to happen why couldn't it have been while we were on a homestand!?!?
He only played 3 shifts according to NHL.COM

Narnia is offline  
Old
11-27-2003, 08:55 AM
  #11
O.T.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: City of Champions
Posts: 429
vCash: 500
According to Sportsnet website under Hockey Hearsay. The Oilers have called up defenceman Bobby Hamilton from the Toronto Roadrunners. Yes thats right we finally get to see our much hyped prospect Bobby Hamilton.

I think they meant Bobby Allen, atleast I hope thats who they meant.

O.T. is offline  
Old
11-27-2003, 11:47 AM
  #12
barto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.T.
According to Sportsnet website under Hockey Hearsay. The Oilers have called up defenceman Bobby Hamilton from the Toronto Roadrunners. Yes thats right we finally get to see our much hyped prospect Bobby Hamilton.

I think they meant Bobby Allen, atleast I hope thats who they meant.
Heh. I missed that one, but I did hear on the radio that it is indeed, Bobby ALLEN who's been recalled, and Sarno sent down. Allen likely will just be an emergency press-box guy until they see how serious Brewer's injury is.

We can hope that a little time off will do some good for Brewer, just as many of us hope it does the same thing for Salo, who should be close to coming back (haven't heard any update, though).

In fact, it's probably better for Brewer's psyche that he'll be out due to a (hopefully-minor) injury rather than be benched by the coaching staff...? I just hope he does get his act back together - we could really use the Brewer of a couple years ago.

Bart

barto is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.