HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brewer's Injury?

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2003, 07:29 PM
Cerebral

vCash: 500
Brewer's Injury?

Has anyone heard anything on Brewer's injury? The TSN announcers claimed it was a groin pull and he wasn't seen for the rest of the game after he left the ice. I'm hoping it's a very mild pull as he was just starting to play well again.. he was jumping up a lot into the play in the early going against Detroit and it seemed like his injury cued the landslide. Hopefully he's okay and will be out there against Colorado on Friday..

Old
11-26-2003, 07:32 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
Has anyone heard anything on Brewer's injury? The TSN announcers claimed it was a groin pull and he wasn't seen for the rest of the game after he left the ice. I'm hoping it's a very mild pull as he was just starting to play well again.. he was jumping up a lot into the play in the early going against Detroit and it seemed like his injury cued the landslide. Hopefully he's okay and will be out there against Colorado on Friday..

I almost hope he misses a few games if only to refocus him. He has been, for lack of a better term, AWEFUL this year at both ends of the rink. Even though he is playing better of late he is still nowhere near where he should be. Too many mistakes, not enough consistency. Even in games he plays well he makes too many mistakes. For a guy with 7 seasons experience he is making rookie mistakes.

Old
11-26-2003, 07:34 PM
oildrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
I almost hope he misses a few games if only to refocus him. He has been, for lack of a better term, AWEFUL this year at both ends of the rink. Even though he is playing better of late he is still nowhere near where he should be. Too many mistakes, not enough consistency. Even in games he plays well he makes too many mistakes. For a guy with 7 seasons experience he is making rookie mistakes.
If Brewer is out the Oilers defence is going to be even worse then it already is. I don't want to see Ferguson and Cross more then I already have to.

Old
11-26-2003, 07:35 PM
Hairball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher

Also, that will give Semenov the chance he apparantly needs to redeem himself. I like the idea of Bergeron and Semenov paired up. They seem to be complete opposites.

Old
11-26-2003, 07:39 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildrop
If Brewer is out the Oilers defence is going to be even worse then it already is. I don't want to see Ferguson and Cross more then I already have to.
But, as slow and unskilled as Cross and Ferguson are they make far fewer glaring mistakes. I don't mind it at all. Let him watch. Let him learn. Make him earn that spot back. He certainly hasn't earned anything thus far.

Old
11-26-2003, 07:42 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildrop
I tend to agree with this thought.

Old
11-26-2003, 08:10 PM
mbam99

Send a message via MSN to mbam99
This is from Sportsnet....

"Edmonton D Eric Brewer sustained a strained groin in the first and didn't return. He's day-to-day."

Old
11-27-2003, 07:12 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral

OIL SPILLS

Losing the game was bad enough but the Oilers have also lost Eric Brewer for an undetermined amount of time.

The defenceman headed to the locker room in the first period with a groin pull. Coach Craig MacTavish wasn't encouraged by the word from the medical staff.

Brewer said he was hopeful he'd know more by today.

"I was just skating back on the play and I ticked a skate, and it was enough to throw me out of whack. I stretched my leg out too much, I guess," said the blue-liner. "I knew right away something wasn't right."

"I'm not optimistic," said MacTavish. "And early on, he was the only guy on the back end who looked like he had any legs. He was carrying the puck well."

http://www.canada.com/edmonton/sport...C-CB69BEF94270

11-27-2003, 07:25 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89
OIL SPILLS

Losing the game was bad enough but the Oilers have also lost Eric Brewer for an undetermined amount of time.

The defenceman headed to the locker room in the first period with a groin pull. Coach Craig MacTavish wasn't encouraged by the word from the medical staff.

Brewer said he was hopeful he'd know more by today.

"I was just skating back on the play and I ticked a skate, and it was enough to throw me out of whack. I stretched my leg out too much, I guess," said the blue-liner. "I knew right away something wasn't right."

"I'm not optimistic," said MacTavish. "And early on, he was the only guy on the back end who looked like he had any legs. He was carrying the puck well."

http://www.canada.com/edmonton/sport...C-CB69BEF94270
Yes, this seriously blows! We need Brewer to be the defensman he can/should be. Against the Jackets he showed a glimpse of that, he was doing good things with the puck in both ends and didn't make mistakes. In his, what - six shifts?- against the wings he was our best player out there, he was making big plays at both ends. It's a pitty that the few games he's away from home(a.k.a. girl friend a.k.a. bad distractions). If ANY injury had to happen why couldn't it have been while we were on a homestand!?!?

Old
11-27-2003, 07:29 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Yes, this seriously blows! We need Brewer to be the defensman he can/should be. Against the Jackets he showed a glimpse of that, he was doing good things with the puck in both ends and didn't make mistakes. In his, what - six shifts?- against the wings he was our best player out there, he was making big plays at both ends. It's a pitty that the few games he's away from home(a.k.a. girl friend a.k.a. bad distractions). If ANY injury had to happen why couldn't it have been while we were on a homestand!?!?
He only played 3 shifts according to NHL.COM

Old
11-27-2003, 08:55 AM
O.T.

According to Sportsnet website under Hockey Hearsay. The Oilers have called up defenceman Bobby Hamilton from the Toronto Roadrunners. Yes thats right we finally get to see our much hyped prospect Bobby Hamilton.

I think they meant Bobby Allen, atleast I hope thats who they meant.

Old
11-27-2003, 11:47 AM
barto

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.T.
According to Sportsnet website under Hockey Hearsay. The Oilers have called up defenceman Bobby Hamilton from the Toronto Roadrunners. Yes thats right we finally get to see our much hyped prospect Bobby Hamilton.

I think they meant Bobby Allen, atleast I hope thats who they meant.
Heh. I missed that one, but I did hear on the radio that it is indeed, Bobby ALLEN who's been recalled, and Sarno sent down. Allen likely will just be an emergency press-box guy until they see how serious Brewer's injury is.

We can hope that a little time off will do some good for Brewer, just as many of us hope it does the same thing for Salo, who should be close to coming back (haven't heard any update, though).

In fact, it's probably better for Brewer's psyche that he'll be out due to a (hopefully-minor) injury rather than be benched by the coaching staff...? I just hope he does get his act back together - we could really use the Brewer of a couple years ago.

Bart

Closed Thread