HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie tidbit from the Edmonton Sun

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2003, 05:35 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

vCash: 500
Comrie tidbit from the Edmonton Sun

In todays Hix on Six column he mentioned that Mike Comrie was spotted at the Heritage Classic on the weekend.

This made me wonder whether Comrie decided on his own terms that he wanted to be traded, or whether Winter has a lot to do with this holdout. I know we have talked about this before here, but this latest bit of news made me wonder whether Comrie really doesn't want to play here. If I was Comrie and I had asked for a trade, I don't think I would show up at the biggest game of the year where I know someone will see me. It seems to me maybe he doesn't actually want to be holding out, but is taking his agents advice instead.

This fact plus the rumours that Lowe has lowered his asking price for Comrie makes me wonder whether there is a possibility that Comrie may be back in an Oilers uniform after all...

Old
11-26-2003, 05:39 PM
Allan

This was a pretty big event, and even if Mike Comrie doesn't want to play for the Oilers, he still is a hockey fan. I can't imagine that somebody so involved in hockey as he has been for his entire life would turn down the chance to be at the game. It wasn't just an Oiler's event - it was a celebration of both teams and of hockey in general. Comrie being in Edmonton for the past few months means nothing about him wanting to play here, and I can't see how this does either.

Old
11-26-2003, 06:06 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
This was a pretty big event, and even if Mike Comrie doesn't want to play for the Oilers, he still is a hockey fan. I can't imagine that somebody so involved in hockey as he has been for his entire life would turn down the chance to be at the game. It wasn't just an Oiler's event - it was a celebration of both teams and of hockey in general. Comrie being in Edmonton for the past few months means nothing about him wanting to play here, and I can't see how this does either.
100% agreed. Cuba Gooding Jr. was there - doesn't mean he is looking for a contract either.

Old
11-26-2003, 06:29 PM
oildrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
100% agreed. Cuba Gooding Jr. was there - doesn't mean he is looking for a contract either.
I agree too. Comrie still has friends on the team and we all know the ties between the Gretzky family and the Comrie family. He was just there seeing some old friends and watching Gretzky and all the Oiler greats of the 80's. If it was Winter doing all of this, Comrie would have fired him by now.

Old
11-26-2003, 07:25 PM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
He wants Lowe to "Show him the money!!!!!"

Old
11-26-2003, 07:35 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzardnp1
He wants Lowe to "Show him the money!!!!!"
Except I hope in this version Comrie would finish the phone conversation with "Congratulations, I just fired your ASS."

Old
11-26-2003, 07:39 PM
metallicat
@metallicat51

I bet that Mike Comrie wasn't even there. There would be a lot more talk about him being there if someone actually saw him.

The Edmonton Sun is a freaking tabloid.

Old
11-26-2003, 08:03 PM
oildrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicat
I bet that Mike Comrie wasn't even there. There would be a lot more talk about him being there if someone actually saw him.

The Edmonton Sun is a freaking tabloid.
It sure is beginning to look like one isn't it.

Old
11-26-2003, 09:41 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

hey hey now, dont be disrespectful, the sun cant be compared to a tabloid---.......tabloids have better writers.

Old
11-27-2003, 05:56 AM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanryann
In todays Hix on Six column he mentioned that Mike Comrie was spotted at the Heritage Classic on the weekend.
yeah, i saw him at the classic.

he was skating around in a white skirt carrying a torch. i was right down near the front to witness his emergence on the 12 year old girls synchronized skating team (he reportedly signed for less than the oilers were offering).

frankly, i thought he was a bit of a torch hog and he kept using the same predictable move over and over again.

Old
11-27-2003, 11:49 AM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon
yeah, i saw him at the classic.

he was skating around in a white skirt carrying a torch. i was right down near the front to witness his emergence on the 12 year old girls synchronized skating team (he reportedly signed for less than the oilers were offering).

frankly, i thought he was a bit of a torch hog and he kept using the same predictable move over and over again.
He sure did look pretty. Basically how he looked at the end of last season.

Closed Thread