HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators sign Neckar

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2003, 08:48 AM
PredDave

vCash: 500
Predators sign Neckar

NASHVILLE PREDATORS SIGN FREE-AGENT DEFENSEMAN STAN NECKAR
Nashville, Tenn. (November 26, 2003) - Nashville Predators Executive Vice President/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has signed free-agent defenseman Stan Neckar (NEHTS-kahsh). In keeping with club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Neckar, 27 (12/22/75), has posted 52 points (12g-40a) and 316 penalty minutes in 509 career NHL games over the past nine seasons with Ottawa, the New York Rangers, Phoenix and Tampa Bay. The 6-1, 214-pound Ceske Budejovice, Czech Rep. native averaged 18:42 of ice time and notched five points (1g-4a) in 70 games with the Lightning last season. He has played 66-or-more games in each of his last four seasons.
"Stan Neckar adds experience to our young defense corps," said Poile. "His presence and ability to play in a variety of situations will allow us to redistribute minutes on our blue line, giving us more flexibility and improving our overall defense."
Among Nashville Predators defensemen, Neckar brings the second-most NHL experience behind only Jason York (661 games). He was originally Ottawa's second choice, 29th overall, in the 1994 NHL Entry Draft.
Neckar will begin practicing with the Predators immediately before a determination is made on when he will play in a game. Nashville hosts the Central Division rival Columbus Blue Jackets (7-10-3-1) at 7:00 p.m. tonight at the Gaylord Entertainment Center.

Old
11-26-2003, 08:50 AM
Radulov for Czar*

So that pretty much means someone is on their way out of town.

Old
11-26-2003, 08:52 AM
PredDave

Okay, alright... is this a depth move for Milwaukee? Or is someone getting the boot? Who do you think will be removed from our current D-corps?

DEFENSE
Timonen - Eaton
Zidlicky - Neckar
Hamhuis - York
Brookbank - Allison

INJURED: Schnabel - Kloucek

Old
11-26-2003, 08:52 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Um ok......I guess a trade really is in the works.

Old
11-26-2003, 08:54 AM
PredDave

Knowing that Kloucek, Allison, and Brookbank would not clear waivers, do you think one or all are going to be offered up in some kind of trade?

Old
11-26-2003, 08:57 AM
PredsMan

allison & Brookbank have little-to-no trade value.

Kloucek is the only one of the 3 that is.

My guess is York.

Old
11-26-2003, 08:59 AM
Radulov for Czar*

Hopefully Allison is gone..

Old
11-26-2003, 09:01 AM
FD

From NHLPA:

Stanislav Neckar was drafted 29th overall in the 1994 Entry Draft by the Ottawa Senators. He made his NHL debut that season and played all 48 games as a teeanger in the shortened campaign. On April 10 against the Penguins, he scored his first goal. At year's end, he won both the Senators' King Clancy (top defenceman) and Alex Connell (top rookie) awards. In 1995-96, Stanislav again played every game and led the Senators with his thundering body checks. In 1996-97, Stanislav played five games before suffering a knee injury (torn ACL) on October 18 that ended his season. The injury also ended Stanislav's team record of 135 consecutive games. In 1997-98, he played 60 games before missing the last nine games of the regular season and first two games of the playoffs with another knee injury. He returned, however, for nine playoff games as the Senators advanced to the second round.

After three games with the Senators at the start of the 1998-99 season, Stanislav was traded on November 27 to the New York Rangers for Bill Berg and a second-round draft pick. Four months later on March 23, he was traded to the Phoenix Coyotes for Jason Doig and a sixth-round draft pick. In 32 games between the three teams, Stanislav recorded 62 hits and 40 blocked shots. In 1999-2000, Stanislav recorded 119 hits and 54 blocked shots in 66 games with the Coyotes. In 2000-01, Stanislav was traded on March 5 with Nikolai Khabibulin to the Tampa Bay Lightning for Mike Johnson, Paul Mara, Ruslan Zainullin and a second-round draft pick. In 69 games between the two teams, he knocked 102 hits.

Old
11-26-2003, 09:15 AM
tulsytrid1

Hmm this is interesting. WTF is Poile doing. Not saying this in a bad way.. just wondering WTF he is doing that's all. Allison to the Ads wouldn't hurt my feelings in the least bit, but does this signing have other implications?

Old
11-26-2003, 10:47 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

being a bit of a lightning fan, i've seen a bit more of neckar than some people, and i have to say it's a decent signing. plays a similar game to skrastins. stay at home guy, not a GREAT skater, decent passer, blocks shots. nothing fancy, but won't make rookie blunders.

as far as something in the works...who knows what's in the mind of DP, but it will be interesting to see, that's for sure.

Old
11-26-2003, 10:51 AM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
nomorekids does he throw the body hard like some have said? If so that would give us a D that is flat out dangerous to play against as far as getting hit. I am really hoping York is on his way out. I really like Allison, I know most of you don't but he is one of my fav. players not really because of his skills but because he is a really really nice guy. I wouldn't mind him sticking around. It's not like the preds are deep in veteran leadership

Old
11-26-2003, 11:08 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i don't know why everyone is still railing on york, especially after trotz went as far as to say that he's been the best defenseman on the team, in the past few games. he got off to a slow start because he missed camp and had to wear a full shield. he's playing better and better... more like last year...with every game. allison is a pylon that doesn't even fight as advertised. nice guy or not, he's awful. neckar...like i said...VERY similar to skrastins. he can definitely hit, though not devastatingly.

Old
11-26-2003, 11:10 AM
Oceanic39*

Neckar would only be good enough to knock out Allison.

Barely a jack of all trades and a master of none.

As was mentioned, he doesn't make a lot of mistakes, but his lack of talent and size show up frequently.

His biggest asset is he tries really, really hard. Seriously, he works his tail off, but he's on the smallish side so he gets overpowered on the walls, can't take a guy out of the play, hits don't do any damage, and he is unable to move a guy in front. He can, however, get in the way and positionally he's not that bad at all. Little to no offense to speak of, though he did set up the Game 5 winning goal for Tampa last year late in the 3rd when he pinched in from the blueline, took a cross-ice pass, hesitated and put a strong pass right on Marty St. Louis' tape for the winner. That could be his defining moment in Tampa. He scored a shorty last year from the LW faceoff circle that was a seeing-eye puck, also.

So, in review, Stan tries hard, is just kind of "there," and gets in the way.

Old
11-26-2003, 11:28 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic39
Neckar would only be good enough to knock out Allison.

Barely a jack of all trades and a master of none.

As was mentioned, he doesn't make a lot of mistakes, but his lack of talent and size show up frequently.

His biggest asset is he tries really, really hard. Seriously, he works his tail off, but he's on the smallish side so he gets overpowered on the walls, can't take a guy out of the play, hits don't do any damage, and he is unable to move a guy in front. He can, however, get in the way and positionally he's not that bad at all. Little to no offense to speak of, though he did set up the Game 5 winning goal for Tampa last year late in the 3rd when he pinched in from the blueline, took a cross-ice pass, hesitated and put a strong pass right on Marty St. Louis' tape for the winner. That could be his defining moment in Tampa. He scored a shorty last year from the LW faceoff circle that was a seeing-eye puck, also.

So, in review, Stan tries hard, is just kind of "there," and gets in the way.
at 6'1, he's a lot bigger than a couple of our d-men, and about the same size as Hamhuis.

Old
11-26-2003, 11:34 AM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
shoot he's bigger then Hamhuis, Zidlicky, York, Or Timmonen. I think York is on his way out just my opinion though. I know that a lot of people like him but I can't help but think his lack of intensity when he plays is what makes my dislike for him.

Closed Thread