Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Official 06-07 DEL thread

Old
11-19-2006, 02:01 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

vCash: 500
Official 06-07 DEL thread

Not sure why both of the others are locked so here is another....
Nice weekend for the Lions. Wins against the Metro Stars and Straubing Tigers. 7 - 2. I see Kelly was back and contributed to the win. Seems like the Lions maybe starting a nice string here

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Chileiceman

I'll be living near Hamburg for the next 2 and a half months. Are the Hamburg Freezers any good?

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 03:00 PM
Sealink

@Chileiceman: I must admit that they aren't the worst team in the DEL...
Even if they are only 10th in the league at the moment...
If you want to go to one of their games: Do it!

Sealink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 05:08 AM
Bacchus

Freezers... How is Cory Cross doing?

Sanderson?

Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 04:52 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Lions bounce back after losing to Berlin on Friday. 4 -2 over Duisburg

Old
11-27-2006, 09:48 PM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Is there anywhere I can follow game to game stats in English? One of my personal favs is playing for Mannheim Eagles...

ReLyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 12:02 AM
Cashy

Hi Tyler,

I only know the official website.

http://www.del.org/index.php?id=225&tx_nxstats_pi1[round]=270&cHash=be80e77a7e

Its in german, but if you want any translations ask me or use this online translator:

http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/dings.cgi...uery=&comment=

Have fun.

Cashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 09:55 AM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
Cologne beats 1st-placed Ingolstadt 10-0

and also a nice brawl in the game
http://www.streaming-factory.com/hai...egelei-dsl.wmv

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 04:37 PM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Thanks Cashy thats what I was looking for! Thanks alot!

ReLyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Sanderson

Oh well, a bit late...
The Freezers are very inconsistent, one of the reasons they fired their headcoach last week.
The team has a really good offense, at least when they are on their game. In the beginning of the season it seemed like no matter how many goals they would let in, they would be able to score one more.

On the other hand, they are rather shaky at defense, and if they are off their game, they are completely off.
They excel in homegames against the best teams, yet look quite bad against the bad ones.

As for Cory Cross, he's doing a good job, very good defensively. The only problem is that he replaced Marty Wilford, who was supposed to be the main offensive defenseman on the team. This leaves the team with way too many defensive minded defensemen.

Kinf of funny:
The NHL never has any fight-clips in their highlights, yet the DEL, which isn't exactly known for being all that interested in the rough stuff, not only had the brawl in their main highlight clip, they even had a special about it.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 05:32 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Lions win again 4 - 0 over Hannover. Three point night for Mr. Lebeau

Old
12-03-2006, 10:14 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Lions and Lebeau stay hot. 5 - 4 win over Krefeld!!! @Daniel were you at the game??

Old
12-04-2006, 01:42 AM
GPF
US Bandwagon

No

Since I'm back from holiday I missed every game. Yesterday I wanted to go but I had some back spasm after I helped a friend of mine moving on saturday. Fortunately its better today. But following the media intensely some things seems to be clear: a.) with all players (except Young - but oh well we dont wanne be tooo pretentious ) back on ice the Lions seems to have the depth they have on paper b) Lebeau is regaining his shape of former years more and more with his second 3pts game and some all-star moments c) D seems more solid finally even if the team seems to have concentration problems when leading by a high score d) adding new hulking Dman Rami Alanko will have a huge impact I think. After all I read on finnish boards he'll be an excellent fit. Mobile, solid passing, a leader and the kind of guy you wont face in the crease/slot/boards in the Lions zone. Something we were defenitely lacking since Toni Porkka left Frankfurt.

Confidence level is raising in the city and I cant wait to hit a bar on thursday to follow revenge night vs. ******* Mannheim on TV. Time to pay something back in spades this season
GO LIONS !!!

Last edited by GPF: 12-04-2006 at 01:50 AM.
GPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 05:28 AM
Chileiceman

On what channel do they show the games? Where Im staying we only have 30 channels. I have Eurosport, does it show Hockey?
Is is possible to watch the NHL on TV in Germany? Or the NFL?
Thanks for your help.

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 06:00 AM
Sanderson

There is no hockey or american football in German free-tv.

NASN ( http://www.nasn.com/content/nasn/por...open&region=de ) has NHL, NFL, College football and a few other things, but it is only available on digital-tv and cost something like 10 Euro per month. Not really worth it, if you only stay for a relatively short time.

Old
12-04-2006, 06:05 AM
GPF
US Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
On what channel do they show the games? Where Im staying we only have 30 channels. I have Eurosport, does it show Hockey?
Is is possible to watch the NHL on TV in Germany? Or the NFL?
Thanks for your help.
No no no hockey on free tv unfortunately.

For DEL games you should hit a sports bar somewhere in Hamburg that is showing Premiere a pay per view channel that also shows NFL. Or better hit Color Line Arena for a Live game. They have a very nice arena up there and the Freezers are playing some run and gun hockey this season. So it should be fun.

For NHL Hockey you do need a NASN subscription that runs a year or so and I dont think its worth to get it when you're staying just for a couple of month.

I have a friend up there in Hamburg who's able to watch NASN. A NHL crazy guy. Maybe you can get in touch with him to have a couple of beers during some games at his house. If you want I ask him and give you his email adress.

just let me know.

edit: or .. wait: Sanderson is surely NASN subscriber right?!? You surely have some space left on your couch for our friend from oversea don't ya?

cheers

Old
12-04-2006, 10:32 AM
MAF
Rookie User

I loooooooove my NASN. It's really worth the 10 bucks a month, but you need to subscribe for at least a year. And since the Baseball season is over, the number of NHL games has surely increased.

MAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 10:44 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPF View Post
No

Since I'm back from holiday I missed every game. Yesterday I wanted to go but I had some back spasm after I helped a friend of mine moving on saturday. Fortunately its better today. But following the media intensely some things seems to be clear: a.) with all players (except Young - but oh well we dont wanne be tooo pretentious ) back on ice the Lions seems to have the depth they have on paper b) Lebeau is regaining his shape of former years more and more with his second 3pts game and some all-star moments c) D seems more solid finally even if the team seems to have concentration problems when leading by a high score d) adding new hulking Dman Rami Alanko will have a huge impact I think. After all I read on finnish boards he'll be an excellent fit. Mobile, solid passing, a leader and the kind of guy you wont face in the crease/slot/boards in the Lions zone. Something we were defenitely lacking since Toni Porkka left Frankfurt.

Confidence level is raising in the city and I cant wait to hit a bar on thursday to follow revenge night vs. ******* Mannheim on TV. Time to pay something back in spades this season
GO LIONS !!!
Yes, seems like things are heading in the right direction. How has Reichel looked thus far? Just curious since he was injured and really haven't heard much since? Any word on Smrek returning or is it pretty much known we won't see him this year?
If you need some moving tips let me know! I am the moving man in the summer LOL I may be able to send some pieces of equipment to make moving easier in the next package I send Hopefully it wasn't too much
Go LIONS!

Old
12-04-2006, 10:47 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

I see what you mean about the Alanko signing. Sounds tough and like a good character guy. Has he played yet? And are you going to the Mannheim game???

Old
12-04-2006, 12:35 PM
pelts35.com

I am assuming that there is no way to view DEL games via the Internet?

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Sanderson

Quote:
edit: or .. wait: Sanderson is surely NASN subscriber right?!? You surely have some space left on your couch for our friend from oversea don't ya?
I'd wish
We do have digital-tv, but NASN is not part of it. The only way I can watch NHL-games is tvu, etc.

I have a hard enough time staying awake in my university courses. I don't want to know how tired I would be, if I would stay awake all those nights

Nope, all you can get are some highlight clips on DEL.org.

Last edited by Sanderson: 12-04-2006 at 12:57 PM.
Old
12-05-2006, 02:31 AM
GPF
US Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAF View Post
I loooooooove my NASN. It's really worth the 10 bucks a month, but you need to subscribe for at least a year. And since the Baseball season is over, the number of NHL games has surely increased.
Yes increased dramatically ... and I (dramatically) love that, too!

PREDS TONIGHT AS LIVE!!! That means avoiding the scoreboards today!

Old
12-05-2006, 02:34 AM
GPF
US Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Galvin View Post
I see what you mean about the Alanko signing. Sounds tough and like a good character guy. Has he played yet? And are you going to the Mannheim game???
Alanko will be first with the team on wednesday and IS going to play the next day @ Mannheim. If we get something close to of him like Toni Porkka delivered a couple of years ago I'm gonna love this guy

No no us guys are hitting a bar downtown to watch the game on TV

Old
12-05-2006, 05:38 AM
MAF
Rookie User

Quote:
Yes increased dramatically ... and I (dramatically) love that, too!

PREDS TONIGHT AS LIVE!!! That means avoiding the scoreboards today!
The only rather stupid thing is that they are showing 1 or 2 Leafs games every week :-(.

MAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2006, 06:42 AM
GPF
US Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAF View Post
The only rather stupid thing is that they are showing 1 or 2 Leafs games every week :-(.
Correctly! Canadian teams in total are covered more frequently than US based franchises. But that changed a bit since the ball season ended and they show more than just the hockey night in canada
But compare the NASN schedule to everything we had before in good ol germany

I remember the first year they showed NHL in 94 .. one game a week (even in the POs) and the finals. Than DF1 got the rights (and then the bankruptcy) with also two games a week and a couple more during the play offs. Then Premiere took over again with the same amount of games and I remeber seasons where I did not watch a handful of teams the entire season (like the Preds usually) becuase they were not covered.

That hardly happens now with NASN.

10 bucks a month (!!!) is nothing if you love the game of hockey and compared to 30 you had to pay for premiere/DF1 its a bargain, too .. NASN RULES !!!!