HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offical Lets Support The Isles Thread, I am posting this on every Isle board...

Old
11-20-2006, 01:55 PM
Isles Never Quit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
As far as the original post goes, I recognize that there are positives and some of those points certainly have merit.

However, I also recognize that Wang has done some ****ing stupid **** and that his insistence on playing GM and "using" this "committee" approach has great potential to be utterly and completely disasterous.
Optimism is great--essential even at times. But I can't cheer for Wang. Now the team has taken the pressure off the front office loonacy--that's certainly something to cheer for!

Isles Never Quit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 02:18 PM
BJo

Just a note. People from out of town telling us from Long Island to go to games is not productive and actually sort of annoying to me. If you are going to the game then you have a right to encourage others to go. I dont think its appropriate or helpful for someone in California to tell me that there are good deals and i should go. It would be like me telling them to go to the next sharks game cause thast what i would do. I don't mean to offend anyone. it just bothers me

BJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 02:30 PM
eastonhockey22*

I don't have much of anything good to say about Wang. The guy, puts himself before the team, (by trying to prove hes smarter then anyone else in hockey). The Fact that the Isles aren't in Last place, ..YET...isn't enought o make me happy that Wang is the G.M of this team, and Dipietro is here to play as the starter for another 10 years minimum, even if the backup wins %80 of his games, and dipietro wins %40, Dipietro will start %80 of his games. Thats not putting winning 1st. Just like Wang doesn't put winning 1st, and Dipietro doesn't put winning 1st (Dipietro puts playing the puck before winning in my opinion.)..So basically, I don't care how bad the attendence gets. i go to games but if I wasn't injured right now, I would be out playing hockey instead go going to islander games.

eastonhockey22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 03:04 PM
GilliesGirlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjoelson View Post
Just a note. People from out of town telling us from Long Island to go to games is not productive and actually sort of annoying to me. If you are going to the game then you have a right to encourage others to go. I dont think its appropriate or helpful for someone in California to tell me that there are good deals and i should go. It would be like me telling them to go to the next sharks game cause thast what i would do. I don't mean to offend anyone. it just bothers me

I don't know why that bothers you, take a look at things from my side. I live in southeast Georgia in a very small coastal town ( moved here almost 3 years ago from the south shore of Long Island) Now, when I need my Islanders fix, I have to drive 6 hours north to Atlanta, spend the 100 bucks for two half way barely decent seats, I spend 60-85 on the hotel room, not to mention the gas and food while in ATL.

Or I can drive about 5 hours south to Tampa and spend 125 for yucky seats and 75-90 on the hotel, plus food and gas.

So, on average I end up dumping about 300 at the cheapest, just to go to ONE game

Gee, for someone on Long Island, I can not understand why one wouldn't go

That bothers me

No offense, but if those of us out of state can get to Isles games, I can't understand those within less than an hours drive can't be bothered to go.

Kristie

Last edited by GilliesGirlie: 11-20-2006 at 03:26 PM.
GilliesGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 03:13 PM
driveforfive*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Carlson View Post
First of all, I love the Isles. And furthermore, King Henry...I'm your biggest fan on here and think your posts on this thread are right on the money. Well done.

Just curious...what does it cost to attend the training camp events (practices, scrimmages, games, etc) up in NS?

What, they stopped selling beer at the Coliseum? Come on, Godard!
I believe it was $25 per inter-squad game and $10 for practises. The exhibition game that I went to was $75 a ticket but I got a 2 for 1 deal.

driveforfive* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Killer Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveforfive View Post
I believe it was $25 per inter-squad game and $10 for practises. The exhibition game that I went to was $75 a ticket but I got a 2 for 1 deal.
Gotcha. Thanks. Were those Canadian prices or American? (Note: I have no clue what the American dollar is worth up there these days.)

11-20-2006, 06:09 PM
driveforfive*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Carlson View Post
Gotcha. Thanks. Were those Canadian prices or American? (Note: I have no clue what the American dollar is worth up there these days.)
Canadian prices - Our dollar has just reached record highs. American $ is about 90 cents Canadian - maybe in the 80 something cents now? I should know because I am only an hour from Calais Maine.

Anyone thinking of going to the training camp next year should know that in Yarmouth you could get a motel room for a week for about $350.00 Canadian - The cost of living is low there. They play 2 intersquad games and have practises from 9-1 every morning - 4 hours for $10.

They run around the city; doing exercises in the parking lot etc.. - The town has Islander banners everyehere you look. They even created an Islander logo using Nova Scotia instead of Long Island lol. In the hotel bar where they stay banners, sweaters, and all kinds of memorabilia are all over the ceilings and walls. I went to a bar downtown and the karaoke guy was even singing New York New York lol. The town bends over backwards for them.

I met 2 or 3 fans from Long Island there. One guy has came both years for the entire week. The best part is hanging out at the bars after. I only went out 1 night as I am a 3 hour boat ride and a 1 hour drive from there now. I only got a chance to have a beer with Jablonski at the bar. The first year they say Milbury was singing "Pretty Woman" at the karaoke lol. It is a party and I want to go for the entire week next year.

driveforfive* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 08:25 PM
LVIsles*

[QUOTE=driveforfive;7121704]Canadian prices - Our dollar has just reached record highs. American $ is about 90 cents Canadian - maybe in the 80 something cents now? I should know because I am only an hour from Calais Maine.

QUOTE]

Canadian money is now worth more then American? Last time I went to Canada was like 3 years ago and it was about $1.30 Canadian for $1 American,, are you telling me Canadian is now worth more? god damn

LVIsles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 01:19 AM
BJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristieLovesSBates17 View Post
I don't know why that bothers you, take a look at things from my side. I live in southeast Georgia in a very small coastal town ( moved here almost 3 years ago from the south shore of Long Island) Now, when I need my Islanders fix, I have to drive 6 hours north to Atlanta, spend the 100 bucks for two half way barely decent seats, I spend 60-85 on the hotel room, not to mention the gas and food while in ATL.

Or I can drive about 5 hours south to Tampa and spend 125 for yucky seats and 75-90 on the hotel, plus food and gas.

So, on average I end up dumping about 300 at the cheapest, just to go to ONE game

Gee, for someone on Long Island, I can not understand why one wouldn't go

That bothers me

No offense, but if those of us out of state can get to Isles games, I can't understand those within less than an hours drive can't be bothered to go.

Kristie
I have season tickets. I'm just saying it bothers me. no big deal though. we're all isles fans and in this together

BJo is offline   Reply With Quote