HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

OT: Local Boston runners looking for marathon numbers?

Old
11-20-2006, 07:49 AM
canadahockeygirl*

vCash: 500
OT: Local Boston runners looking for marathon numbers?

Hey guys,

A friend of mine works for MBHP and in lieu of donation/funding this year they received five marathon numbers for the 2007 Boston Marathon from John Hancock. The numbers are for fundraising (you must commit to raise at least $3,000), but it's going to a very good cause that I believe is highly under-funded in Massachusetts-- these programs assist local people who are doing everything right in their life but can't seem to make ends meet.

Anyhow, the MBHP expected a bunch of the numbers to be taken, but due to injury (my coworker had knee surgery, another runner coworker is hurt, I am not a coworker, but still out from my last marathon) they only have one committed person so far. That leaves FOUR numbers to run in an elite marathon wide open-- no lottery for the numbers. And the four numbers left open means at least $12,000 that MBHP won't get.

If anyone has always dreamed of running Boston but know you won't be able to cover 26.2 miles under 3:20 to qualify, seriously consider this. You will be an official runner, not a renegade runner. You'll have an official finish time and everything.

Even if you haven't run a marathon before but on some level may want to, I highly suggest thinking about it. I just ran my first marathon a few weeks ago and it was one of the most amazing experiences ever. MBHP makes you part of a training team (which is why you have to be local) and the coach will take you through every step along the way-- you're pretty much guaranteed a finish unless you're a bonehead like me and hurt yourself 3/4 of the way through.

If you're interested or have any other questions shoot me a PM.

Sorry to the mods if this isn't supposed to be here!

canadahockeygirl* is offline   Reply With Quote