HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gillette a good samaritan?

Old
11-20-2006, 09:15 PM
tritone

vCash: 500
Gillette a good samaritan?

I have heard quite a few surprising stories about how good-hearted Gillette is and how he treats every member of the organization as if they were family. So far every interview I have seen with him and everything I heard about him is very positive.

What I would like to see though is, documented stuff.

Anyone have any links to any news stories or Bio's showing some "feel good" George Gillette acts??? i.e. sterilized private jet, BBQ for the team at his place etc.

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 09:22 PM
ROCKZO
Keuh Keuh Yeah !!!

A good buddy of mine got to hang out with his son, the guy is unbeleivably nice ! and a hard HARD HARRRRRRDCORE Habs fan

ROCKZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 09:24 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 50
He's come into the Habs' store once just to say hi to all the people working there. Greeted us, shook hands, and wished us luck in the upcoming season.

Really nice, funny guy.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 09:24 PM
tritone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roen View Post
A good buddy of mine got to hang out with his son, the guy is unbeleivably nice ! and a hard HARD HARRRRRRDCORE Habs fan
Yeah, everyone who has met this guy seems to love him. That's why I'm looking for some documentation or anything tangible.

Old
11-20-2006, 09:41 PM
Mr San Diego Hab
Mosdell = Cup Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roen View Post
Good

Mr San Diego Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 12:23 AM
Souray44

I think we can all realize what an awesome guy he is and how much he loves the team by the fact that he's at a lot of games and sits down at the glass with the fans, whistling and cheering loud as anyone, high fiving all the people around him, he's totally into the game and into the Canadiens.

He's a fan like the rest of us except he happens to own the team. Lucky *******.

Souray44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 03:45 PM
22SteveBegin22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone View Post
Yeah, everyone who has met this guy seems to love him. That's why I'm looking for some documentation or anything tangible.
I think he bought Ribeiro the STRONGER shirt. Saw it at the store and just immediately thought, "Ribeiro has to have this!"

22SteveBegin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 05:50 PM
marioroberge

I was once tanked with some buddies on de la Montagne and saw him walking with some business types. Ran across to talk to him,told him I appreciated what he has done for the team. He shook my hand and was nice. He said he liked having good fans.

marioroberge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Highlander

I seem to remember reading somewhere (Gazette?) that he offered use of his private jet to Koivu during his battle with cancer, as well as several other services.

Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 10:57 AM
buffalomike

a friend of a friend worked for the Gillette family in Colorado and they invited us up to Montreal for a saturday night sabres/habs game. Gave us the owner seats first row blueline. Treated us like Kings. We went out to a bar afterwards with Foster (the son) and he was really good to us. Thanked us for coming up and invited us up again. He did give us some **** for the Sabres losing but it was all in good fun. A very memorable experience to say the least.

buffalomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 02:53 PM
tritone

Sounds like this guy's a real nice dude, but still no documented stories.

Old
11-22-2006, 03:43 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Last year me and 3 buddies went to Ottawa to watch the Habs Game.It was in October the famous "Spezza Goal". Anyways, during the worm up we went down were the players come out and waited for warm up. All of a sudden Gillet poped out out of now where.He started talking to us and could not believe how many Habs fans there was in Ottawa.We were all like no,we are from Montreal,you should no that Mr Gillette we are all crazy fans!!! He laughed.

Right after,my friend asked him to bring us upstairs in his lodge!!! He said sorry but they did not even give me one or trust me I would have brought you guys.Anyways so we start asking him for stuff and he tells the equipment manager to go get something.We did not know what it was.Anyways the guy comes back with approx 10 pucks and Theodores goalie stick.He gave all kids aroung some pucks and he made a draw for the stick.Since that moment I knew the Habs were in good hand.

Gillette is a great guy,I have also read a Story about Komisarek and how he flew him by private jet every week last year

Thank You Mr. Gillette

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote