HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Anyone Up in Gainesville area?

Old
11-20-2006, 08:20 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

vCash: 500
OT: Anyone Up in Gainesville area?

We're heading up to Panama City Beach for Thanksgiving on Wednesday. We're going to stop for the night somewhere around Gainesville in the hopes of being able to watch the hockey game on tv.

So my questions are:

1. Does anyone know of a hotel near 75 that has cable tv (and will be showing the game)?

2. What cable channel will show the game in that area? FSN? Sun?

Thanks in advance.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 08:42 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
We're heading up to Panama City Beach for Thanksgiving on Wednesday. We're going to stop for the night somewhere around Gainesville in the hopes of being able to watch the hockey game on tv.

So my questions are:

1. Does anyone know of a hotel near 75 that has cable tv (and will be showing the game)?

2. What cable channel will show the game in that area? FSN? Sun?

Thanks in advance.
I'm in G-ville, it's VERY hard to find a TV showing a game. Depending on what else is on TV, the Ale house off of Archer Road would probably be your best bet. No hotels will be showing it, unless it's a game against the lightning, I can't remember, but it's only on SUN sports if we play the bolts. If not, it's blacked out and you need NHL center ice to be able to get it on TV. IT's Lightning territory which sucks but I have center ice in my dorm room, it's the only way I can get by lol. Have fun in Panama Beach.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 08:44 PM
dsgutman

they only show lightning games from what ive been seeing. i would offer you guys to check out my center ice up here but im gonna be out. hope you guys catch it! im going to be at the game!

dsgutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 09:01 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnCzeSniper96 View Post
I'm in G-ville, it's VERY hard to find a TV showing a game. Depending on what else is on TV, the Ale house off of Archer Road would probably be your best bet. No hotels will be showing it, unless it's a game against the lightning, I can't remember, but it's only on SUN sports if we play the bolts. If not, it's blacked out and you need NHL center ice to be able to get it on TV. IT's Lightning territory which sucks but I have center ice in my dorm room, it's the only way I can get by lol. Have fun in Panama Beach.
We're playing the Bolts on Wednesday (that's why I want to see the game so bad!). So...is Sun Network part of the basic cable package up there?

I'm going to call around to some hotels and see if anyone has it...if not, then we'll just drive straight through.

Which reminds me...which radio station will carry the game?

Old
11-20-2006, 09:04 PM
PanthersRule96

Yeah, it's gonna be on Sun Sports local channels up here then. I'll let you know for sure tommorow if that's ok because I can look in advance on the digital cable but I believe it's channel 48. It'll be on any basic cable packages at a hotel, just ask if they have SunSports, most should.

I'm heading south and going to this game because I'm goign to be home for thanksgiving, we're going completely opposite directions, bon voyage!

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 09:22 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnCzeSniper96 View Post
Yeah, it's gonna be on Sun Sports local channels up here then. I'll let you know for sure tommorow if that's ok because I can look in advance on the digital cable but I believe it's channel 48. It'll be on any basic cable packages at a hotel, just ask if they have SunSports, most should.

I'm heading south and going to this game because I'm goign to be home for thanksgiving, we're going completely opposite directions, bon voyage!
Thanks so much!

Have a safe trip!