HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The book is out on Huet eh Pierre?

Old
11-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Cristobal Huet

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
The book is out on Huet eh Pierre?

who looks like a fool now Pierre?

HUET is playing amazing and in a poll I conducted a few weeks ago, the majority of you wanted ahem David Aebischer to start in net every game (or nearly) over Huet.

Cristobal Huet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Mike8

Sounds like TSN should be hiring you and firing McGuire.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Cristobal Huet

Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Sounds like TSN should be hiring you and firing McGuire.
I don't know about that, they should hire me to captain the Cristobal Huet fan club, that's for sure!

Cristobal Huet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Artyukhin*

Huet will always be the #1 in my book . I really dont care about Pierre's

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

Pierre M. is an idiot, he is the english medias version of Michel Villeneuve. I tell you what, if Pierre was as good as HE thinks, he would still be in hockey management.
He continually states that he has had offers but prefers being in the media..thats BS..He is a **** and i can't stand his face.
The other day on team 990 he said " G. Latendresse is going to have to stop the hit and run game he plays" oh ok Pierre you **** , like he should stick around and have a tea with the other player, while his teammates skate up ice.
He is an IDIOT.

there i fell a little better...hehe

Mikhail Grabovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhail Grabovsky View Post
Pierre M. is an idiot, he is the english medias version of Michel Villeneuve. I tell you what, if Pierre was as good as HE thinks, he would still be in hockey management.
He continually states that he has had offers but prefers being in the media..thats BS..He is a **** and i can't stand his face.
Really, it's BS? How do you know? Or, perhaps, you're spewing BS?

It was well documented that Shero, the new GM of the Penguins, offered McGuire a position shortly after taking the reigns in Pittsburgh.

Suppose that blows your theory out of the water, eh?

Quote:
The other day on team 990 he said " G. Latendresse is going to have to stop the hit and run game he plays" oh ok Pierre you **** , like he should stick around and have a tea with the other player, while his teammates skate up ice.
And he's right. Latendresse hits hard and he's going to the net more. The result of that is the opposition will take exception to him. If he starts dodging confrontation after playing hard, then he'll start to be targetted.

One good sign I've seen from Latendresse is that he's stopped shying away from the rough stuff after the whistle. Once when Koivu was being handled (I forget by who, perhaps during the Ottawa scrum with Alfredsson and Meszaros), Latendresse got involved immediately.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Artie

These threads are getting pretty tiresome.

you said it yourself that a few weeks ago most people didn't even want him in nets.

As I said in another thread, there is a book out on everybody. That's what advanced professional scouts do...they come up with tendencies, weaknesses, strengths.

Hell I know a MDT AAA coach that spends a lot of tiem reviewing films of the opposition to come up with his game plan I mean book on the opposition.

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

[QUOTE=Mike8;7113450]Really, it's BS? How do you know? Or, perhaps, you're spewing BS?

It was well documented that Shero, the new GM of the Penguins, offered McGuire a position shortly after taking the reigns in Pittsburgh.

I could care less what your opinion is, just like you take pots at mine....

McGuire is an IDIOT
point a la ligne.

Mikhail Grabovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 07:11 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
[QUOTE=Mikhail Grabovsky;7113515]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Really, it's BS? How do you know? Or, perhaps, you're spewing BS?

I could care less what your opinion is, just like you take pots at mine....

McGuire is an IDIOT
point a la ligne.
It's not an opinion, It's well known McGuire recently declined a position with the Penguins. Also, for an idiot, he sure did well with his life.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 07:38 PM
TheHoser

The book is out... it's just written in France-French... No one can read it!

TheHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 09:18 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Pierre McGuire is one of the best hockey minds in the world. There's no debating that. He understands the game better than anyone around. He was taught by Scotty Bowman and has the respect of every player and manager in the league.

He has the smarts to be a top coach, but in my opinion lacks the people skills. He would make an incredible assistant coach (and has, in the past), but I would rather be in his position, getting to go all over North America and watch games, than be an assistant coach.

He takes alot of unwarrented flack from Habs fans because he's critical about the team. That's his job. He praises the team a whole bunch but nobody mentions that. While he did say "the book was out on Huet", he also mentioned that he has full confidence that Rollie Melanson (who's he's praised as the best goaltending coach in the league) will help Huet overcome the weaknesses in his game.

A few weeks ago when Huet was struggling, alot of people were on here saying that he goes down too quickly, he has poor lateral movement, etc...That's the exact same thing McGuire was saying too.

Some fans just can't take the truth.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 09:55 PM
flappuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Pierre McGuire is one of the best hockey minds in the world. There's no debating that. He understands the game better than anyone around. He was taught by Scotty Bowman and has the respect of every player and manager in the league.

He has the smarts to be a top coach, but in my opinion lacks the people skills. He would make an incredible assistant coach (and has, in the past), but I would rather be in his position, getting to go all over North America and watch games, than be an assistant coach.

He takes alot of unwarrented flack from Habs fans because he's critical about the team. That's his job. He praises the team a whole bunch but nobody mentions that. While he did say "the book was out on Huet", he also mentioned that he has full confidence that Rollie Melanson (who's he's praised as the best goaltending coach in the league) will help Huet overcome the weaknesses in his game.

A few weeks ago when Huet was struggling, alot of people were on here saying that he goes down too quickly, he has poor lateral movement, etc...That's the exact same thing McGuire was saying too.

Some fans just can't take the truth.

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 10:39 PM
White Snake*

The book was out on Roy for 15 years to shoot five hole and he still managed to make the hall of fame.

But honestly, for a guy that claims to be a Habs fan he sure likes to take shots at them. Piss on him.

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Habs

Quote:
I agree he is an idiot, but I'm usually with him on his draft day review/analysis.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 11:10 PM
canadian_man_44

Anyway who knows hockey at all knows Huet wasn't on his game a the start of the season for some reason, but, these same people should also know that every goaltender as well as every other player on the ice has a slump now and then. Great players bounce back and that's exactly what Huet did. IMHO as a true fan and someone who follows the game, Huet is a great goalie. He has good movement and focus and always seems to be lined up for the shot. From watching him play last season and some when he was with LA, he seems to read the play very well. The puck usually hits him somewhere in the center of his body which should tell you that he is in great position and has his angle cut down perfectly. Even on those one timers or quick wrist shots after a perfect tape to tape pass, he's there to make the stop. Huet is the number one goaltender in Montreal, and, if they're smart, he will be for the rest of the season and a lot more to come.

canadian_man_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 11:11 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Looks like the book's out on the book being out on Huet

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 11:31 PM
Bryzga lol*

I read the book, he mostly just rambled on about Phaneuf.

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 11:40 PM
Habbadasher

Pierre will never shy away from calling like he sees it, even if he is critical of friends. He is knowedgeable, but we all make mistakes. Huet did not look good, and we all knew it.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2006, 11:53 PM
Redden Punches Faces*

sheesh, let it go.

Redden Punches Faces* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 12:14 AM
Phousse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve The Habs Fan View Post
who looks like a fool now Pierre?

HUET is playing amazing and in a poll I conducted a few weeks ago, the majority of you wanted ahem David Aebischer to start in net every game (or nearly) over Huet.
Although I don't recall taking part in said thread, it's obvious that the majority of sheep Habs fans voted Aebischer. At the time he was playing extremely well and Huet was Average-Good.

Phousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 12:17 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I dont get it...all he basically said was huet was a well known goalie now and has been scouted well for any weakness by all teams (since they probably felt scoring a goal might be difficult otherwise). Now players know where to shoot on him and such thus he should have a harder time in net this year. Which some might have noticed during a couple of shootouts. the one against the Sens is a good example as every Sen, if i remember correctly, scored on the same place.

I dont think he doubted Huet as a good goalie but figured that his numbers wont be as good as last years for the above mentioned reasons. I find this a to be a valid guess or prediction as I'm sure this was the case for other goalies as well that he may have seen throughout his career. Whats wrong in pointing out what Huet has to work on.

I'm not a big fan of Pierre McGuire, but i respect what he has to say.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 12:36 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Snake View Post

But honestly, for a guy that claims to be a Habs fan he sure likes to take shots at them.

...as opposed to a rather large portion of posters here?

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 03:25 AM
White Snake*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
...as opposed to a rather large portion of posters here?
Good point;

I just figured the negative posters was the TSN panel in disguise.

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2006, 03:41 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Never fails.. this thread has to pop up once a week

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote