HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Forsberg Rumors and Proposals Thread

Old
12-16-2006, 11:44 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsfanforever View Post
True but remember I'm a Leafs fan and I would love to see him play with Sundin. The Swedish duo back in action!

However Steen and a second would be a fair deal (at least I think so).
I do disagree though that the Flyers wont trade him. Many teams will want to stack up their line for the playoff race and the FLyers will be able to get some picks for their better players such as Forsberg. His UFA status this year also makes him to be a better chance to be traded.

Oh and I totally agree Kubina is overpaid. I have no clue why we signed him.
It's a loyalty thing in my mind. Peter is a loyal guy and he says he has every intention of playing out his contract, and if he fixes his foot problems and decides he can still play in the NHL, he'll talk contract status. There's a chance by the deadline he's locked up for another 2-3 years (which I know some Flyers fans will groan at).

Haha, you think Kubina's overpaid but you want us to trade our best player for him, smart.

I think if Forsberg fixes his foot problem, he stays with the Flyers no matter what. Because if he chooses to keep playing in the NHL, he wants to stay here. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel pretty strongly about it. If he does get traded elsewhere, he's going to be very specific about where he goes since he signed in the East to avoid playing Colorado 4-8 times a year and to avoid a lot of the travel. Also, if he gets traded, I can see him signing back here in the offseason a la Weight and Recchi last year.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth View Post
I'd take it. Kubina is grossely overpaid, but given the Flyers track record of captains with PCS it might be a good idea to let Forsberg go. Kubina is at least a competent defender with a good set of wheels. You can't ask for much more when you're dealing damaged goods.
I don't think he's that good of a skater. I'd rather wait until the off-season and find a free agent whose contract we can decide upon.

I know you can't ask for much more, that's why he's not being traded.

Old
12-16-2006, 11:58 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
I don't think he's that good of a skater. I'd rather wait until the off-season and find a free agent whose contract we can decide upon.

I know you can't ask for much more, that's why he's not being traded.
How long is Kubina signed for? Two years may be manageable, but anything longer is crippling.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 12:00 AM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth View Post
How long is Kubina signed for? Two years may be manageable, but anything longer is crippling.
Edit: Signed a 4 year contract before last year.

Old
12-17-2006, 12:06 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Edit: Signed a 4 year contract before last year.
Ahahahah, eff that.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 12:24 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
It's a loyalty thing in my mind. Peter is a loyal guy and he says he has every intention of playing out his contract, and if he fixes his foot problems and decides he can still play in the NHL, he'll talk contract status. There's a chance by the deadline he's locked up for another 2-3 years (which I know some Flyers fans will groan at).

Haha, you think Kubina's overpaid but you want us to trade our best player for him, smart.

I think if Forsberg fixes his foot problem, he stays with the Flyers no matter what. Because if he chooses to keep playing in the NHL, he wants to stay here. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel pretty strongly about it. If he does get traded elsewhere, he's going to be very specific about where he goes since he signed in the East to avoid playing Colorado 4-8 times a year and to avoid a lot of the travel. Also, if he gets traded, I can see him signing back here in the offseason a la Weight and Recchi last year.
I agree on Forsberg, If he fixes the ankle/skate problem he stays here, I really believe that its Philly or he retires IMO

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 12:42 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeIsGoneDotCom View Post
I agree on Forsberg, If he fixes the ankle/skate problem he stays here, I really believe that its Philly or he retires IMO
Unfortunately, he now needs to fix his head as well.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2006, 03:24 AM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Unfortunately, he now needs to fix his head as well.
He might play Tuesday, he said after the game his head just aches a bit and there's a good chance he passes the baseline test on Monday. If he doesn't pass it, we could be in for the long haul again.

Old
12-17-2006, 08:29 PM
RHODE ISLAND FLYER

Why, why, why

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne View Post
for forsberg

Why are the Flyers always so quick to trade our young players? I mean, let's face it..........we are pretty much done this season. Trade for older players to win what? Are we even going to make the playoffs? We need to build our team around our young players and get ready for the future. Veteren players are great for a playoff bound team.......we are not that team. We suffered with Therien for years, now Hatcher and Rathje. Where is Ninimaee, Kim Johnsson, Delmore, etc. We were better defensively with them than we are now. Clarke, the golden boy, the true Flyer, the heart and sole of the Broad Street Bullies ruined us. Great players do not always make good coaches, GM's, etc. We are in for a looooooooooooooooong season.

i know that fans would want a deal like edmonton got for pronger but i just don't see that happening because of health and lack of contract

forsberg might be the second line centre for kovalev, philly would get an upgrade in nets and a top six forward, the pick could be a second and elevated to a first if forsberg plays so many games or he resigns or the habs move onto the conference finals or something

what do you say?

aebisher 1.9
samsonov 3.5
conditional 1st rd pick

forsberg 5.5 i think( you even save some cap space i guess)

will take eshe if you take niinima

RHODE ISLAND FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote