HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chat with Abby

Old
11-21-2006, 04:20 AM
devilman

vCash: 500
Chat with Abby

Finally there's the transcript of the Chat with Abby on hockeyfans.ch August 12th:

http://www.hockeyfans.ch/chat/live_aebischer06.htm

Questions/Answers in French, German and English

devilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 04:59 AM
[nixloose] Christoph

Send a message via ICQ to [nixloose] Christoph Send a message via MSN to [nixloose] Christoph
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilman View Post
Finally there's the transcript of the Chat with Abby on hockeyfans.ch August 12th:

http://www.hockeyfans.ch/chat/live_aebischer06.htm

Questions/Answers in French, German and English
thanks a lot.

it's sad for you that there are so many questions in german.
I know that there are some germans on this board so maybe we can help you to translate the german questions.

GO ABBY GO

[nixloose] Christoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 08:58 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by [nixloose] Christoph View Post
thanks a lot.

it's sad for you that there are so many questions in german.
I know that there are some germans on this board so maybe we can help you to translate the german questions.

GO ABBY GO
I got this part : "Sucker Punch von Bertuzzi" and "lockoutsaison", but that's about it.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 09:26 AM
felixd

K guys I'll translate the German bits, but I'm not going to go in depth, just give you the jist of it.

The first question the guy asks him about the fights he's been in(Apparently's he fought Neil Little and Philippe Sauve??? didn't know that) and then during the Bertuzzi-Moore game he didn't fight Hedberg and the guy asked him why and Abby said it was an 8-2 game and the playoffs were coming up, no point risking an injury.

2nd question is about the new NHL. Abby says it's faster and better and the 3rd and 4th lines are more "technical"

3rd question: Someone asks him about the personal politics and player movement in the NHL.
Abby says it's one of the downside of the NHL(getting traded) but at the same time Europeans understand the NHL is big business when they cross the ocean and that stuff happens.

4th question: Do you think you can become the number 1 in Montreal
Abby: Of course I believe that I'll be the number 1

5th question: Someone asks him what he thinks of Daigle(apparently he plays in Switzerland now)
Abby says he'll be able to adapt well to the scene and he's an offensively gifted player.

6th question: What is your training routine:
In the morning 2 hours strength trainig, Afternoon 1-2 hours speed(?) training.( I don't really understand the next sentence...) I start Ice training Sept. 1st

Haha just read it over and he says he's close with Gerber and they share tips sometimes...God I hope not too much.

ok wow this is way longer than I thought...I might do some more later, but I have some stuff to do this morning. Hope this helps anyway.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 12:15 PM
devilman

I continue:

Q: u looking frw for the next season?
A: Yeah, I'm excited for the challenge in Montreal and summer passes faster and faster and can't wait to cross the pond.

Q: Dave, you miss the lunches at Andre's? Thx again for the Jerseys and Sticks you borrowed to the Colorado Swiss club and mucho cojones (something like that) with the Habs.
A: i miss the food at Andre's but Montreal is THE Gourmet city of North America.

Q: At the lockout, there were rumours you wanted too much money to play with HC Fribourg Gotteron (his junior team). How u look at it. then he says he wanted to see him play....
A: The payment I asked for surely wasn't too high. I'm not sure about the reason we couldn't reach an agreement.

Q: What you think about the Mariuahna problem with HC Davos (there was a player who sent weed to his friend in Langnau).
A: As long there's no evidence he really did, he's not guilty. Let's wait and see.

Q: You still have contact to your old teammates in Fribourg?
A: Not really. Those I played with don't play for this team anymore or retired.

Q: Was it a slap to your face when Lacroix traded you for the-open-door (couldn't resist...)?
A: U can't take those trades personally and Theo was once MVP in the NHL.

Q: We talked about the injury of Steve Moore. You know about his health and condition? You still in contact with him?
A: I'm not in contact with him anymore but I know Steve tries to continue his carrer.

Q: Many believe that Joe Sakic is the best active Captain. How is he in the locker-room and what's making him so special as a leader?
A: He's a world class player and as a individual a huge personality and everybody respects him a lot. That's why he's such a great leader.

Q: Do you know Adam Munro (currently the goalie of Fribourg)? Can you compare him to a Swiss G'tender?
A: I've seen him play only once, and would compare him to Gian-Luca Mona (former starting goalie of Fribourg, now playing with Genève-Servette).

Oh, that's it.

devilman is offline   Reply With Quote