HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Jakub Petruzalek

Old
11-26-2006, 07:41 PM
robotron2084

vCash: 500
Hmmm, I'm curious how he got himself to Albany. He was not under contract to the Rangers. He was signed to a deal by Hartford, so how does he now get to play for Albany. Did I miss an announcement that the Canes signed him to a contract?

robotron2084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
He was signed to an ahl contract with Hartford, that contract now carries over to Albany.

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2006, 08:36 PM
robotron2084

So is it literally an AHL contract and not one specifically with Hartford? I still don't understand how he gets shipped to Albany. He's is not Canes property - they simply own his rights (as I understand it).

Old
11-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Cardiac_Canes

He's not our property, he's Albany's property. We just own his rights but it's them that have him under contract. We couldn't call him up if we wanted to. Hope this explains it.

Old
11-26-2006, 10:25 PM
robotron2084

Sorry, guess I'm thick-headed. Do you sign a contract with the AHL and they send you wherever (ala MLS soccer)? If he was under contract to Hartford already, how did he suddenly become under contract to Albany?

Lets try it this way. I realize Carolina (and the Rangers prior to the trade) only hold his rights. So how did trading for his rights cause him to move from Hartford (who had him under contract) to Albany? Did Hartford "agree" to trade him to Albany? Technically they did get Isbister by virtue of the Rangers assigning him there. I wouldn't think the Rangers would have the "authority" to send Petruzalek to Albany since he wasn't their property, but I guess they could "strongly urge" (?) Hartford to do so as their affiliate. Sorry, I still find this confusing, but i am truly interested in the details of how this actually transpired.

Last edited by robotron2084: 11-26-2006 at 10:31 PM.
Old
11-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Cardiac_Canes

Someone else may be able to explain this better than me but I believe since we hold his rights we can assign him to our ahl club.

Old
11-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Suburbia

Hey Cane fans =)

He played junior here in Ottawa for a year. Don't remember too much about him, he played on a line with Lukas Kaspar (San Jose 1st rounder). I remember when they came over they were touted to score a ton of goals for us and although they were decent players, I don't think they ever reached the expectations people had for them. Petruzalek was sort of an enigma. He was pretty small and really streaky. No one could deny he had a ton of skill though, and good vision on the ice. Had a decent run in the playoffs when the 67's made it to the Mem cup in 2005. Hopefully he'll reach his potential!

Suburbia is offline   Reply With Quote