HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds recall rookie winger Alexander Radulov from AHL Milwaukee

Old
11-21-2006, 05:42 PM
HansonBro

vCash: 500

Canadian Press
November 21, 2006
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (CP) - The Nashville Predators have recalled rookie winger Alexander Radulov from the AHL's Milwaukee Admirals.

The recall is the second of the season for Radulov, who scored his first NHL goal Oct. 26 against San Jose while appearing in six games with the Predators.

Radulov, a scoring star with the Memorial Cup champion Quebec Remparts last season, leads the Admirals with 18 points (6-12) in 10 games this season. He was Nashville's first pick, 15th overall, in the 2004 NHL entry draft.

HansonBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Jarnberg

I'd be happier if this didn't mean an injury to Arnott

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 06:04 PM
bigsick

how much ice time do you figure they'll give him? Any PP time?

bigsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2006, 09:52 PM
braindead

Looks like I might have my first chance to wear my Radulov Russian hockey jersey to a Radulov game on Thursday (having been shafted out of this opportunity by the premature send-down after his last trip up here.... combined with the shipping company's "delay due to unexpected illness of our Russian contact". I can only imagine what that means.).

On a separate note, I'd like to submit the foregoing sentence to the end-of-the year awards for the following categories: (i) most garbled sentence, and (ii) most punctuation variety in one sentence.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 12:18 AM
mmneely932

How many games can he play in the NHL without having to stay up or clear waivers or whatever it is that he has to do after he plays so many games? (And no I'm not brain dead, just a 53yo grannie with a house full of grandbabies!)

mmneely932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 05:50 AM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmneely932 View Post
How many games can he play in the NHL without having to stay up or clear waivers or whatever it is that he has to do after he plays so many games? (And no I'm not brain dead, just a 53yo grannie with a house full of grandbabies!)
what i found:
Any player who has played three seasons since signing his first NHL contract or has played 180 NHL games must clear waivers before he is assigned to a minor league affiliate.
so assuming that is correct we have the following:
since we signed him after the 2004 draft this is his 2nd+ year(first two years in jrs at quebec and this year so far-10 games @ milwaukee and 6 @ nashville). so less than the 3 years since he signed the contract and only 6 games so far this year with the big club means we can yo-yo him for the rest of the year should we so choose.

i know that we have to maintain a 20~23 man active rooster with at least 2 of them goal keepers. players on the injury reserve list don't count toward this total, though they must miss at least 7 days when they go on the list. when arnott comes back he will most likely need some conditioning assignments in order to get his legs back in shape which will probably be done in milwaukee. i am not sure if at that time arnott will count towards the preds rooster limit or not(something in the back of my mind says he will count). if so someone has to go down or be traded before arnott can play. the reason we sent rads back down earlier this season was that he was the only player on the rooster who wouldn't have to clear waivers which will most likely be the case come arnott's return. however by then someone else may be dinged up, so he might be able to stay up longer and fill in for them(just depends on how many forwards/RW we need). that is what happened with weber last year. we were so thin at defensemen at the end of the year that we just kept him.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 07:52 AM
Testify

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
what i found:
Any player who has played three seasons since signing his first NHL contract or has played 180 NHL games must clear waivers before he is assigned to a minor league affiliate.
Didn't we sign him in 06?

Testify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 10:25 AM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testify View Post
Didn't we sign him in 06?
i assumed that he got an nhl contract after the draft. and that we just assigned him to juniors and ahl as he developes. not sure if there is a seperate contract for jrs vs. ahl/nhl.

either way he hasn't put in 3 years.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 11:31 AM
JussiM

Wasn't Radulov signed in January this year?

JussiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiM View Post
Wasn't Radulov signed in January this year?
Yep - we have him until 2009

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Testify

Thats what I thot

Old
11-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Testify

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
i assumed that he got an nhl contract after the draft. and that we just assigned him to juniors and ahl as he developes. not sure if there is a seperate contract for jrs vs. ahl/nhl.

either way he hasn't put in 3 years.
Don't think Nashville assigned him to Quebec, the Remparts drafted Radu in the CHL Import draft and he decided to come play for Patrick Roy. If not, he would've played in the RSL.

I think he made the right choice.

Old
11-22-2006, 03:49 PM
Pattypred

Quote:
Don't think Nashville assigned him to Quebec, the Remparts drafted Radu in the CHL Import draft and he decided to come play for Patrick Roy. If not, he would've played in the RSL.

I think he made the right choice.
Actually Alexander had already made the decision to play in North America when he came over for the draft. He had not signed a contract with any of the Russian teams so there would be no problem with him playing with any team in North America.

I remember that a lot of pressure had been placed on Alexander but he knew where he wanted to play. He played with the Remparts the year before Roy became their coach.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 05:38 PM
Testify

Oh right, and Im from QC

shame on me.. timetable mistkae

Old
11-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Oh right, and Im from QC

shame on me.. timetable mistkae
We will forgive you this time

I think Radulov wanted to play in NA before the draft in 2004 and said he would never play in Russia again after cursing out his coach (which is how he fell to us)

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 12:37 AM
NashisCash

Why was he even recalled? What is the point of this guy playing 8 minutes a game. I just don't get it. He's not even being given a chance to succeed.

NashisCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 01:15 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Ask Trotz. He is the "man with the plan".

11-23-2006, 09:45 AM
Testify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Ask Trotz. He is the "man with the plan".
now isn't that scary?

Old
11-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
That plan being to shatter one's confidence, thinking, "Once he is at rock bottom, we can rebuild him into the player I once was."

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Pred303

i'm as big a supporter of radulov as anyone... but i think we're kind of over-reacting on radulov here right now... you don't subordinate the success of the team to the success of radulov.. he played in the logical spot last night, got the logical ice time even strength, especially given how the lines had been working prior to his re-call... not trotz's fault per se that we simply don't have playmakers enough to go around to put a guy out there to specifically set him up.. hartnell is struggling a little as well because of the same reason..

the simple fact was, that in his given time last night rads struggled to get anything going.. looked slow and sluggish to me, took a bad penalty, was a step slow on defense all night, made a bad turnover in the neutral zone, and had trouble generating any space in the offensive end.. so how do we blame trotz for giving him less than 10 minutes of icetime? i probably would have done the same last night, a new guy has to earn trust and playing time no matter how talented we all know he is

sure one can argue that we should give him some pp time, but which forward do you do that at the expense of right now? kariyra, sully, erat, dumont or hartnell? personally i do think we need to work him in here more and more of course...

another answer might be to divide up the first line again, to spread the playmaking ability out a little more, which in turn might help make all three lines more balanced again

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 12:40 PM
AdsSabresRule

Radulov and bad penalties...

In his last couple of games down here in Milwaukee, he took a couple of roughing minors, a crosscheck, and a 2/10 misconduct for jawing at the referee. My hypothesis - he lets opposing players get under his skin...he'll have to get over that to meet his potential. The only way he does this, IMO, is down here with the Ads. But, if he can skate with the big boys up there, and keep his temper on an even keel, he might just do fine! As far as sloppy play, and not getting anything going, that will take time and experience as well...
Happy Thanksgiving!

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 07:02 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
i'm as big a supporter of radulov as anyone... but i think we're kind of over-reacting on radulov here right now...
Yes of course.

But thats why we are "armchair" GMs and coaches. Its our job to do this.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote