HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

"Zero Truth"

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2003, 06:55 AM
Theoren Fan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
"Zero Truth"

Leonsis: No truth to Jagr rumours

Old
11-27-2003, 06:57 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I hope its true.

However, what was he supposed to say, "Yeah we can't Jaromir out of here fast enough"?

It will be interesting to see the degree of Jags injury.

11-27-2003, 07:15 AM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I hope its true.

However, what was he supposed to say, "Yeah we can't Jaromir out of here fast enough"?

It will be interesting to see the degree of Jags injury.
Well, no, but I think it's certainly more encouraging to hear that rather then "Washington Capitals owner Leonsis was not available for comment" or even worse, "Washington Capitals owner Leonsis had no comment to the rumors that would send Jagr to the New York Rangers"...

Let's just hope for the best. As much as it interests me on a certain level to see the guy finally get his chance to play here and prove the critics wrong, I'd MUCH rather hope and pray for a miracle to happen that would see our other superstar Pavel Bure return and play for the team he loves the most.

Old
11-27-2003, 07:21 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan
Let's just hope for the best. As much as it interests me on a certain level to see the guy finally get his chance to play here and prove the critics wrong, I'd MUCH rather hope and pray for a miracle to happen that would see our other superstar Pavel Bure return and play for the team he loves the most.

I kind of agree.

I don't want the trade to go through but I do think that if Jagr ever became a Ranger, I do think he would play well because he has wanted to play here for a long time now (like Bure.)

Old
11-27-2003, 10:29 AM
dedalus

Well I for one call this good news!

Old
11-27-2003, 10:36 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan

Ahhh, I was waiting for this thread. The "rumor" was rampant, but all sources were quoting the Post, so immediately I was doubtful. I told my friend that today would tell the truth. Either we'd wake to find new sources and new rumors, or it's be denied by all parties. Personally, I don't care either way if we get him or not. If it's going to happen, then it will. The Rangers have shown over these many years that they'll go for the easy fix. They've also shown me that they don't learn from their mistakes. So, if he comes, he comes. I wish him luck. Maybe he'll return to the player he was in Pitts...but I doubt it.

Closed Thread