HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kaigorodov is not a happy camper

Old
11-22-2006, 03:28 AM
Gr8full

vCash: 500
Kaigorodov is not a happy camper

Quote:
Ex-Sen: 'This is a joke'

Kaigorodov says 'the coaches trust the guys with higher incomes, even if they are having a bad day'
Rest of the article here and he ain't taking prisoners:

http://ottsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Senato...45717-sun.html

Gr8full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 04:05 AM
Savannah Skunk

What a spoiled idiot. It reminds me a bit of Spezza when Johnston sent him to the AHL. Spezza whined and cried, but he didnt quit and he grew up. I don't think Kaigodorov will though. I just hope that Muckler finds a team willing to trade for him. If we can get anything back for Kaigodorov, i'd be happy. However, i never want to see him in a sens uniform and i doubt that any of us will.

Savannah Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 04:20 AM
VladNYC*

Just further proof of how ****** an organization the Sens are. You guys have such potential, when are you gonna get some one worthwhile in charge? I can't wait till Kaigorodov is back in the NHL in 2 years lighting it up.

VladNYC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 04:44 AM
Hyack57

If what he says is true than I can agree. If he was receiving no direction or communication from the coaching staff how is he supposed to correct his game or get in line with what the team is doing. I think he should have accepted the demotion to the AHL to improve his game but if he can make more money in Russia... in his own country... than well... yeah I'd leave too.

Hyack57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 07:33 AM
PlayItAgain

Nothing new to see here. This topic was discussed ad-nauseum once the original interview was done in the Russian newspaper. See here: LINK.

Looks like Chris Stevenson is 2 weeks late.

PlayItAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 07:41 AM
billpo

I think Kaigadorov was in the right place at the wrong time. In all fairness to Muckler, the man had no idea Ottawa was going to come out of the gate as flat as they did. Kaigadorov was maybe not given the opportunity he deserved. But under the circumstances Ottawa could not afford to lose. If Ottawa had come out flying I think his experience here would have been a little different.
I really think Murray should have given the guy some feedback. I'm pretty sure that Murray was not happy with Kaigadorov because he was rammed down his throat by Muckler.
All this aside. I still think Muckler and Murray should be fired.

billpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 08:08 AM
Brandi

I feel no sympathy for this kid

should of went to bingo .... would of got another chance.

whoever said spoiled bratt is right.

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 08:13 AM
Human Megaphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post

I'd agree, unless we did actually promise him NHL or Russia. If we did that and then sent him to Bingo...

I honestly don't really get it, he had that great game against MTL and then plays 0.54 seconds per game. He didn't even seem that defensively bad, I just don't get it. Considering some people want Murray to be GM, that has to be troubling.

Human Megaphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 08:31 AM
discostu

My thoughts on the whole situation:

-He did get a raw deal. Murray didn't like what he saw early on, and, had little intention of working with him, and getting him to the point where he would be more valuable. This isn't new, IMO, as, the only young player to really get the benefit of the doubt with Murray so far, and get elevated ice time has been Bochenski. Everyone else has had to fight and earn their ice time, including Meszaros, Eaves and Vermette

-Kaig was expecting things handed to him to a certain degree, and didn't want to be in the NHL if it meant earning his stripes in the AHL. It's hard to get too upset at the loss of him as a player, if he felt he was above this. It may not have been what he was promised, but, he playing in the AHL would have been better for his development. If he wasn't willing to make this sacrifice, I question whether he would have been willing to make the other sacrifices required to excel at the NHL level.

-In the end, the return on investment from Kaigorodov was going to have to be short term. He was 23. At most, we were looking at 4 years of service from him. He needed to be a second line centre immediately. It's not that unreasonable for the organization to have high requirements before cutting bait.

-Vermette has stepped into the role pretty much as well as anyone could have expected out of Kaigorodov. He was commanding a fairly healthy salary. We may be better off with the cap room.

discostu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 08:43 AM
billpo

Quote:

He was really never given a first chance.....

Old
11-22-2006, 08:49 AM
Savannah Skunk

[QUOTE=discostu;7137099]

At most, we were looking at 4 years of service from him. He needed to be a second line centre immediately. It's not that unreasonable for the organization to have high requirements before cutting bait.

QUOTE]

Old
11-22-2006, 08:52 AM
The King of Town

He sounds like a ********* to me.

If everyone on this board could see that he was playing flat, with no emotion, keeping out of traffic areas, then why couldn't he see it himself?

To claim that he was playing well is revisionist history... He wasn't playing well, even in the limited minutes he got. Why would Murray give him more? So now he's sulking because he wasn't handed those minutes on a platter... Sounds like a locker room cancer to me.

EDIT: I can't believe that the word d**** ending in bag is censored...

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 08:53 AM
Savannah Skunk

[QUOTE=discostu;7137099]

At most, we were looking at 4 years of service from him. He needed to be a second line centre immediately. It's not that unreasonable for the organization to have high requirements before cutting bait.

QUOTE]

I think this is a great point. Regardless of the bungled job by Murray or Muckler, how much passion and sacrifice would Kai have given to the Senators in the long-haul... even if he did play well enough for Murray. Hypothetically, if he was a great player and secured the 2nd line centre position, how long would it be before he wanted an extreme salary raise or voiced his displeasure in another area. Perhaps his scurrying off to the RSL with his tail between his legs is a blessing in disguise.

Old
11-22-2006, 09:02 AM
Sens are like Whoa

I feel bad for him, but to a degree.

To be fair, he wasn't given the chance, the icetime, or the support from the staff. To go through all the effort to bring the guy over, and then not demonstrate something so simple, I don't understand.

However, he should have reported to Bingo. If he really cared about making the team, and showing his talent - He would have used the AHL as a platform to further his skills and ease the transition.

Sens are like Whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:03 AM
Shnak

All I know is that our GM promised him the moon to attract him over here, he gets here, and our coach doesn't play him more than 2 minutes per game. It would have been nice to at least see the guy get a real chance at proving himself by playing on the 2nd line for a full game or two... it's hard to prove yourself when you're the 13th forward, and used 2 shifts per game with Schubert and McGrattan...

Shnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:05 AM
discostu

Looked at the Mettalurg's roster, and, I'm guessing that this incident will probably eliminate any chance of bringing Vitaly Atyushov over, who is a teammate of Kaigorodov. I can't imagine that he'll have positive things to say of the experience. That's my biggest fear over all of this. We have a lot of talent in Russia. Hopefully, the Sens do some damage control over there, and make sure our prospects know the Sens side of the story, and can communicate to these guys that they will be given a fair shot if they come over.

Old
11-22-2006, 09:10 AM
Gr8full

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
Looked at the Mettalurg's roster, and, I'm guessing that this incident will probably eliminate any chance of bringing Vitaly Atyushov over, who is a teammate of Kaigorodov. I can't imagine that he'll have positive things to say of the experience. That's my biggest fear over all of this. We have a lot of talent in Russia. Hopefully, the Sens do some damage control over there, and make sure our prospects know the Sens side of the story, and can communicate to these guys that they will be given a fair shot if they come over.
That was exactly my worry when I read it. If the translation of the article is accurate then I would have to think that no player would want to come over as long as Murray is the coach.

Gr8full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:11 AM
Suiteness

Quote:
Ex-Sen: 'This is a joke'

Kaigorodov says 'the coaches trust the guys with higher incomes, even if they are having a bad day'
Hard to disagree with him there. How disgusting was it to see Murray continually opening the bench door for Alfie, Spezza and Heatley when they were embarrassing this team with their laziness and stupidity earlier in the year? Didnít matter how many goals Spezza gift-wrapped for the opposition on the PP, he was still the first one out there afterwards.

Suiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:16 AM
CheeseSandwich*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
Hard to disagree with him there. How disgusting was it to see Murray continually opening the bench door for Alfie, Spezza and Heatley when they were embarrassing this team with their laziness and stupidity earlier in the year? Didnít matter how many goals Spezza gift-wrapped for the opposition on the PP, he was still the first one out there afterwards.
Yeah, but Murray isn't doing this anymore, and it's paying off huge. So I guess he learned that you can't baby your stars.

CheeseSandwich* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:18 AM
Brandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpo View Post
He was really never given a first chance.....
Fair enough

So what's the solution, to up and quit?

Really, he would of gotten another chance. He would of got called up.

The team had\has many issues to deal with this year in regards to produciton. No one can expect the New Kid to take prescedence over existing issues with the team.

Old
11-22-2006, 09:18 AM
discostu

Quote:
Is it disgusting? Those players struggled, but, they have a demonstrative track record, and turned their games around, and are now back on track to the players they once were.

All three of those players have proven themselves to be elite players, and, deserve more leeway when they struggle. Ottawa went from the worst scoring team in the league in the first few weeks of the season, to being in the top 10 in goals per game. This is heavily on the back of those top line players. Murray felt that with time, those guys would pick it up, and, was proven right.

I'm not saying that Kaigorodov got a fair shake, but, if he is comparing himself to Spezza, Heatley and Alfredsson, and thinks he should be getting as much leniency when they struggle, then, he's out to lunch.

Old
11-22-2006, 09:20 AM
Brandi

Quote:
We don't know that first hand.

However , if it's true, why not!? They're more of a franchise player. At the start of the year, effort needs to be put into those guys, not the kid.

Things are ironing out now and Spezza\Heatley aren't logging all the minutes. They are getting"recognized" for their poor play.

Old
11-22-2006, 09:21 AM
Shnak

Quote:
Is it disgusting? Those players struggled, but, they have a demonstrative track record, and turned their games around, and are now back on track to the players they once were.

All three of those players have proven themselves to be elite players, and, deserve more leeway when they struggle. Ottawa went from the worst scoring team in the league in the first few weeks of the season, to being in the top 10 in goals per game. This is heavily on the back of those top line players. Murray felt that with time, those guys would pick it up, and, was proven right.

I'm not saying that Kaigorodov got a fair shake, but, if he is comparing himself to Spezza, Heatley and Alfredsson, and thinks he should be getting as much leniency when they struggle, then, he's out to lunch.
The point is that Murray should have given Kaigorodov a chance to shine while our big guns were struggling. It was the perfect opportunity to give some ice time to Kaigorodov. Right now, Hamel is getting some PP time... why? Because our PP has sucked since the beginning of the season, and Murray wanted to try new things on the PP... why didn't he use Kaigorodov on the PP then?

Shnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Suiteness

Quote:

Struggling (Aflie, Schaeffer) is different than being lazy (Heatley and Spezza) and stupid (Spezza). You obviously want to give the opportunity to a struggling player to break out of it, but stupidity and laziness must be dealt with. Murray is also not helping his cause by demoting hard working players to the 4 th line because, and I quote, ‘They were on the ice for a few goals’ when those same high salary players are DIRECTLY the cause and goals against and are not even mentioned by him anywhere.

Suiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:42 AM
billpo

Quote:
Fair enough

So what's the solution, to up and quit?

Really, he would of gotten another chance. He would of got called up.

The team had\has many issues to deal with this year in regards to produciton. No one can expect the New Kid to take prescedence over existing issues with the team.

I agree. Thats what I said before. Right place, wrong time....