Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT 11/22/06 Thrashers @ Caps 7 PM

Old
11-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Magnus Fulgur

vCash: 500
I used to like the Caps okay over the past few seasons for their grit. What they did tonight was inexcusable despite Sutton's dangerous play. Death to the Washington Capitals (and by that I mean the franchise in abstract: don't worry mods, I don't wish harm against any individual players).

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:05 PM

vCash: 522
Heh, I guess Ovechkin going to the box stymied Hanlan.

They should amend the end of game goon rule to have the coach of the offending team ejected from the remainder of the game, it would have saved a lot of time.

#37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:05 PM
JohnnyAppleSeed50

Good, deserved, and much needed win...

JohnnyAppleSeed50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Oster

Send a message via AIM to Oster
Can't wait to see the press conference from this one.

Oster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:09 PM
Whaddagoal

I hope Vishnevski is alright.... he sure took a beating ...

Whaddagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:10 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

I still can't believe Hanlon did the Chicken Dance at Hartley.

The Caps do not want to get into this kind of battle with the Thrashers, there are few teams that can matchup with us physically with the gloves on or off.

While it will cost Mellanby at least a game, it was nice to see him standing up for the team after the absurd cheapshots by Sutherby to Larsen. You can't let them just goon it up for 2 straight faceoffs without some sort of response. He is 40, a day off will do him some good.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:11 PM
SniperWild

Send a message via Yahoo to SniperWild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oster View Post
Can't wait to see the press conference from this one.
Can't wait to see this on Sportscenter.

SniperWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:11 PM

vCash: 522
Good game for Coburn and Popovic.

#37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Oster

Send a message via AIM to Oster
I'd love to see what happens if they try this garbage next game if we have X and Havelid back.

Oster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:15 PM
Shameus

Went over to the Caps board to see what they were saying, didn't troll or say anything just looked; anyways they said their announcers claimed that Vish was hurt in the fight and that there was a pool of blood on the ice from Vish after the battle with Brasher. Anyone else see this or think Vish took an injury? I am glad that Brasher grabbed Vish and not Hossa, that would not have been pretty.....duck and cover Marian, duck and cover.

Gotta think Boulton is in Uniform on Dec. 15th when they meet at the Bulb.

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:15 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
I still can't believe Hanlon did the Chicken Dance at Hartley.

The Caps do not want to get into this kind of battle with the Thrashers, there are few teams that can matchup with us physically with the gloves on or off.

While it will cost Mellanby at least a game, it was nice to see him standing up for the team after the absurd cheapshots by Sutherby to Larsen. You can't let them just goon it up for 2 straight faceoffs without some sort of response. He is 40, a day off will do him some good.

I hope you're kidding with there being few teams that can match up with Atlanta with the gloves off. Dressing Boulton might give someone Brashear might at least be able to dance with and not just have a punching bag... But you realize Erskine might be a better fighter?

You can call the Caps thuggish for this, and it might be true. But standing up for the team, and showing that taking runs at Caps players when the game is out of hand will not be tolerated.

I'd take the Caps tough guys 9 times out of 10 over people the Thrashers can throw out there. A lot of this goes back honestly to last year, Caps have no love for the Thrashers and what some perceive as cheap play.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:17 PM
WolfKeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
Went over to the Caps board to see what they were saying, didn't troll or say anything just looked; anyways they said their announcers claimed that Vish was hurt in the fight and that there was a pool of blood on the ice from Vish after the battle with Brasher. Anyone else see this or think Vish took an injury? I am glad that Brasher grabbed Vish and not Hossa, that would not have been pretty.....duck and cover Marian, duck and cover.
Broken nose possibly, but Vish bled all over the place. His jersey looked like he just walked out of a shootout with gang bangers.

WolfKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shameus

Quote:
I'd love to see what happens if they try this garbage next game if we have X and Havelid back.
Unfortunately X doesn't fight anymore, with his concussion problems, the team and it's docs have told him not to so that he doesn't risk getting one from a fight. And I don't think that Havelid has ever dropped the gloves in his career. But Boulton will make a difference and you know Vish is going to remember this and put somebody's rear end through the glass next go around.

Old
btn
Gone Hollywood

A two goal game is out of hand?

You had your shot at Sutton, for doing nothing since he missed on the hit he was lining up, and he took care of his business. Simple fact is Hanlon had a complete mental breakdown behind the bench, and it will cost him.

The Caps may have the edge when it comes to dropping the gloves. However Sid Vish, XLB, and Sutton are some of the best open ice hitters in the division. Keep your heads up.

Old
11-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Shameus

Quote:
Unfortunately X doesn't fight anymore, with his concussion problems, the team and it's docs have told him not to so that he doesn't risk getting one from a fight. And I don't think that Havelid has ever dropped the gloves in his career. But Boulton will make a difference and you know Vish is going to remember this and put somebody's rear end through the glass next go around.

OH my god.....just saw the game report up to the first fight where Hossa, deVries and Vish got jumped. The refs all gave them game misconducts for getting jumped!?!?!

Old
11-22-2006, 09:23 PM
StevenintheATL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
I hope you're kidding with there being few teams that can match up with Atlanta with the gloves off. Dressing Boulton might give someone Brashear might at least be able to dance with and not just have a punching bag... But you realize Erskine might be a better fighter?

You can call the Caps thuggish for this, and it might be true. But standing up for the team, and showing that taking runs at Caps players when the game is out of hand will not be tolerated.

I'd take the Caps tough guys 9 times out of 10 over people the Thrashers can throw out there. A lot of this goes back honestly to last year, Caps have no love for the Thrashers and what some perceive as cheap play.

StevenintheATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:25 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
OH my god.....just saw the game report up to the first fight where Hossa, deVries and Vish got jumped. The refs all gave them game misconducts for getting jumped!?!?!
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/GS020310.HTM
yeah...i am very confused
Jesus Marian Hossa, HOSSA??

ok, so who gets suspended?

great...thread on the main board about this...should be interesting

gamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:25 PM
kracker1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
NYI just destroying the Canes... 44 to 9 in shots...
[jaw dropps in amazement!] What's the score?......ah, 4-2 NYI final, sweet!

kracker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:27 PM
kracker1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenintheATL View Post
Damn I'm good.........

I guess y'all are going to want me to do the next GDT as well?
works for me...

Old
11-22-2006, 09:32 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
A two goal game is out of hand?

You had your shot at Sutton, for doing nothing since he missed on the hit he was lining up, and he took care of his business. Simple fact is Hanlon had a complete mental breakdown behind the bench, and it will cost him.

The Caps may have the edge when it comes to dropping the gloves. However Sid Vish, XLB, and Sutton are some of the best open ice hitters in the division. Keep your heads up.
it is out of hand when the Thrashers have a powerplay, and the caps haven't been creating chances at all for most of the night. Taking a run at a player when your team has a two goal lead, and you're on a powerplay is a joke.

A two goal lead is possible... but there had been borderline plays all night. Your Captain's two hand baseball swing across the chest of Erskine probably being the highlight of those. Enough is enough.

I'm not saying that I completely agree with the need for the Sutherby fight and the excess after, but before that was warranted to send a message. You don't think Vishnevski's going to be looking over in the lockerroom at Sutton and wondering why he got his brains beat in?

The Caps have some hitters too. As far as I'm concerned, if this is what it takes to get the rivalry rev'd up, then so be it.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:33 PM
StevenintheATL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamera View Post

great...thread on the main board about this...should be interesting
Oh yeah, the same old Bob Hartley is bush league and the Thrashers are a bush team crap........

At least we put a real line out there instead the goon squad Glen "Chicken Dance" Hanlon decided to put out there. As soon as Brashear came onto the ice, the refs should have known what was about to happen.....

StevenintheATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:37 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
You don't think Vishnevski's going to be looking over in the lockerroom at Sutton and wondering why he got his brains beat in?
I think Vish is going to make sure he lines up some Caps for heavy duty hits as long as he is in the NHL. Why would he blame Sutton for Hanlon losing his mind?

Quote:
The Caps have some hitters too. As far as I'm concerned, if this is what it takes to get the rivalry rev'd up, then so be it.
Do you guys really want to rile up the Thrashers? I mean it was fine when Brendan Witt was sucker punching people from behind for no reason during the early expansion years, but this is a very different team.

Old
11-22-2006, 09:38 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenintheATL View Post
Oh yeah, the same old Bob Hartley is bush league and the Thrashers are a bush team crap........

At least we put a real line out there instead the goon squad Glen "Chicken Dance" Hanlon decided to put out there. As soon as Brashear came onto the ice, the refs should have known what was about to happen.....
yeah, I don't get it....but I expected it....

honestly, OK, Sutton did hit the guy....it's hockey....but why is it that every hit he makes is "trying to take the guy's head off" ?? maybe it's cuz he's 6'7" and it's hard NOT to be in that position?

but I don't think WE were the goons in this mess...go figure

OH YEAH

WE WON!!!

and CAROLINA LOST!!!

so I don't give a crap

gamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2006, 09:39 PM
kracker1

Quote:

Sorry, but no. A 3 goal lead late is a game out of hand. 2 goals with more than 33 seconds left these days is still a game. Try again.

Old
11-22-2006, 09:41 PM
scott1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by kracker1 View Post
works for me...
Someone ought to whisper in the Thrashers ear to petition the league to handle tonights Brashear incident in the same manner that they handled McSorley. Get Brashear out of the league. That went beyond goonery. It was an assault on a non fighter/player that did not drop his gloves.

Brashear should get the same medicine that McSorley received. Get rid of him for the year until further notice. It's warranted. It's the leagues opportunity to treat Brashear like the dirt that he is.

scott1994 is offline   Reply With Quote