GDT 11/22/06 Thrashers @ Caps 7 PM

Old
11-24-2006, 10:54 AM
CCCP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
This is all good rivalry stuff.
You guys have 4 wins at the Capitals expense.
Winning 4 out of 4 is not really a rivalry, it's more like the CAPS are Thrashers' b###h

CCCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 02:18 PM
en_fuego

vCash: 500
"Was it that hard to look over and see guys like Brashear, Bradley and Erskine on the ice on a 3 on 3 and see that something was going to happen?"

Caps were at home and got last change. BH had to put his guys on the ice before Hanlon did, and he's not allowed to change his lines afterwards.

Let's clear something up about this Kovy/Clark incident. Kovy did not randomly go after Clark. Please. Clark came up behind Kovy in a pile, hooked his arm around his neck, jerked him back, and facewashed him. Only then did Kovy paw at his mask. Clark got what he asked for, in my opinion. He can't pull **** like that and then hide behind his cage.

The Sutton hit may or may not have been a cheap shot. I'm not being a homer here, I'm just saying that I can't pretend like I know what his intentions were. Yes, had it connected, it would have been high hit. But was Sutton purposefully trying to hit Green high up? Was he head-hunting and trying to cause harm? Or is it just the fact that Sutton is 6'6" without skates (he's got to be at least 6'8" with skates)? Did he stick his elbows out because he missed and was trying to make any form of contact? Either way, it doesn't matter. The Caps should have dealt with Sutton and been done with it. Sutton's timing is horrible, I agree. Huge hits late in game in which the Thrashers are leading are unnecessary. However, his attempted hit on Green, his hit on Ivan, the Thrashers running up the score in the early games last season - whatever other excuses Caps fans want to give - none of those warrant all the thuggery and cheap shots on random players on our team. It's one thing to go after Sutton or Vish, but to jump Hossa and deVries? That's just pathetic.

It seems to me that the Caps put sticking up for each other over winning the game. If that's the image they want to give to the league, that's their own perogative, but they don't need to get dirty and jump our stars. Hanlon should be suspended for throwing his goon line out there, and the refs should have known what was coming. The chicken dance was inappropriate coming from the head coach of an NHL team. I'd love to see rubber chickens thrown out on the ice on Dec 15. Seriously. Do it. If I weren't in Boston, I'd join in.

en_fuego is offline   Reply With Quote