HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

No more Cloutier petition

Old
11-23-2006, 09:42 AM
ReggieMoto

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
...I have little confidence that Lombardi will waive Cloutier or that Crawford would go along with it...
Doesn't that immediately make their problem-solving abilities suspect? It's one thing to make a questionable decision (signing Cloutier in the first place) or a bad decision (re-signing him for two years without the benefit of having seen him play), but to continue going down this path for no apparent reason other than to save face is not just ludicrous but ludicrous in the extreme!

This situation the Kings appear to be in with Cloutier is - on a relatively lesser scale - equivalent to the Fox News/OJ Simpson interview deal. Murdoch made a bad decision to create a show around this book deal. Once all the furor erupted, he admitted it was a bad decision and undid it. Problem solved. Lombardi needs to do the same thing. He needs to not ask Crawford but tell him his goaltending experiment is over, it failed, and it's time to move passed it. Waive Cloutier, send him the Manchester with Labarbera (who'll be gone at the end of this season) and have him mentor the up-and-coming rookies. Find a new goaltender.

Lombardi also needs to get on top of this situation with the forward lines, which appears to be another failed experiment of Crawford's. Piece together 2 scoring lines (there's enough talent to do that) and 2 checking lines and restart from there.

If Lombardi and Crawford can't - or won't - do this, perhaps their positions as GM and head coach should be terminated, too.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 10:41 AM
King Blazer

Tying this thread into the A History of Mediocrity thread, imagine the discussions we could have comparing the Fiset-Cousineau tandem from the Monarchs first season to a Cloutier-LaBarbera scenario in Manchester this season??? Now, if they'd just send Cloutier to Manchester...

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
Tying this thread into the A History of Mediocrity thread, imagine the discussions we could have comparing the Fiset-Cousineau tandem from the Monarchs first season to a Cloutier-LaBarbera scenario in Manchester this season??? Now, if they'd just send Cloutier to Manchester...
I already apologized... isn't that enough??

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 11:55 AM
VADEN

sign me up. i want swiss c(loutier) gone. it is a joke that it takes 5 goals on 12 shots to figure out hey maybe we should put garon in. i don't know if i'm more pissed off w/ cloutier's play or crawford's poor decision making on who should be in the f-ing net. < breathe > done

VADEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 12:08 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

I mean we could send Cloutier to Guantanamo Bay, couldn't we?

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 12:50 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Seriously, put him on waivers.

He wont get claimed, and we don't have to worry about him then.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 12:54 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post

I hope he would get claimed...then we wouldn't have to worry about seeing his sorry arse in a Kings uniform again.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
Doesn't that immediately make their problem-solving abilities suspect? It's one thing to make a questionable decision (signing Cloutier in the first place) or a bad decision (re-signing him for two years without the benefit of having seen him play), but to continue going down this path for no apparent reason other than to save face is not just ludicrous but ludicrous in the extreme!
The thing is, though, that Lombardi and Crawford have faith that Cloutier will work things out and end up as a top-10 goaltender for the Kings. Even if he stinks it up for the rest of this season, they'll have faith that he'll be better the next season and then the next season. They're not sitting there thinking to themselves that they screwed up. They're sure that they made the right decision and, though it may look bad now, they're sure that it'll work out wonderfully in the end. Using the "you made a mistake, admit it" tactic just isn't going to work. They wouldn't've () extended his contract if they weren't patient. They probably figured that he wouldn't be all that good this first year. They're looking ahead to next year and the year after.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto
Waive Cloutier, send him the Manchester with Labarbera (who'll be gone at the end of this season) and have him mentor the up-and-coming rookies. Find a new goaltender.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post

I know that we all realize this, but the problem is that they'll still have to pay all $3M of his salary for three years. That's a big thing to worry about. Not only that, but that's a lot of money that they won't be able to pay a replacement. The Kings would have to find another goaltender on the cheap, one of the main things that Ziggy Stardust goes on about in his "History of Mediocrity" post. Both of these things aren't all that bad, but put them together and the solution isn't much better than the problem. That's the point that I'm getting at. It'd be really nice if the problem would just go away, but, short of fooling someone into taking him (which isn't going to happen), the Kings are stuck with him and his salary.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 05:52 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
the Kings are stuck with him and his salary.
If what you say is true... then "The Kings" aren't stuck with him, because they don't "feel" stuck. They knew this would happen... ..they knew it was a gamble. But then they also knew they were going to subject people, who pay lots of $$$ to watch this team play, to this DREK. They knew the fans would be paying to see this team lose games in no small part due to Cloutier's less than AHL-level play.

DL's a lucky guy. He took over the team the year the LA Times decided to tone down their coverage and commentary on the team. Helene Elliott, a Hall of Famer, is now reduced to telling us about what the Dodgers and Angels did this week instead of putting a mirror in front of DL and MC and saying, see.... you screwed up again... why are you any different from George McGuire, Rogie Vachon, Sam McMaster, Dave Taylor....

I think it's safe to say the fans are the ones STUCK with him. Kings fans have been stuck for a long time though, so it's the same **** different year, more of the same, blah blah blah...

It's kinda patronizing to say the Kings are stuck with him... I mean, they knew what they were doing, they always do... ..right?

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Kingswin

La Barbara is looking way better than this guy now... Can't he find his game in Manchester? Could someone explain that to me..or would that shatter any confidence that he might have left.

It seems when one thing goes bad, five things go bad,'' said Scott Thornton

I think he is hinting at the 5 goals cloutier let in..

Kingswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 06:42 PM
ExplosionsintheGine

I say we get rid of all our goalies and clone Martin Broduer's DNA.

ExplosionsintheGine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 06:50 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingswin View Post
Enough if enough... is anyone else just done.. I don't hate Cloutier.. I wanted him to find his game but I can't watch this anymore...

Devoted Kings Fan

Louis
To the Loyal fans of the LA Kings

Thank you for taking Dan Cloutier and his contract and for giving us a second round draft pick for him.

Yours truly

Canuck fans

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 07:22 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by graveyardshift View Post
To the Loyal fans of the LA Kings

Thank you for taking Dan Cloutier and his contract and for giving us a second round draft pick for him.

Yours truly

Canuck fans
hmmmmmm........... i have killing in my mind...........

Who will be the Victim ????

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 07:28 PM
Johnny Utah

This is getting ridiculous, the Kings are playing poorly agreed. But signing Cloutier to an extension is what bothers me, even before he played one came they commit 5 million to him. It's in the players court in a contract year to prove his worth.

Now the Kings are stuck with him and I highly doubt they will waive him b/c they want to save face. We all knew the Kings were gonna be bad this year, but the high salaries on the team for guys underachieving have to go.

DL has tried to make the team competitive by signing a few guys here and there, but Blake is overpaid ( I have heard he would've come to LA for less, maybe even 4 from someone that knows him and his old agent) and the Cloutier deal was not only horrible but the extension bewilders me even more.

Kings gotta dump Cloutier and be over it.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2006, 11:29 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
hmmmmmm........... i have killing in my mind...........

Who will be the Victim ????
just let me know if you need any help

I found the deal funny

Nucks had Roberto L in the cage and Clouts on line for 2.5mill that they had to move

Nucks were just happy that some team took him and his contract

but I do have a serious question--I know you will not like it

nucks stole... sorry got a second round pick for the sieve.. sorry number 1 goalie..but when the LAK signed him to an extention that gave the nucks the conditional pick in 2009--what round is the pick?

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2006, 12:00 AM
JT8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie018 View Post
I say we get rid of all our goalies and clone Martin Broduer's DNA.
LOL
That is the smartest thing ever. I will pitch in some money to have this done.

JT8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 09:01 PM
Kingswin

3 goals on 5 shots... pretty much 4 goals because the refs made a bad call even though the puck went in... this is the end of his career...sorry Dan... DL needs to do something quick..

Kingswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingswin View Post
3 goals on 5 shots... pretty much 4 goals because the refs made a bad call even though the puck went in... this is the end of his career...sorry Dan... DL needs to do something quick..
I still find it amusing that people were actually comparing Garon to Cloutier just a few weeks ago.

Garon = 3 GAA in 2 games
Cloutier = 3 GAA in 9 minutes.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 09:19 PM
dabeechman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
I still find it amusing that people were actually comparing Garon to Cloutier just a few weeks ago.

Garon = 3 GAA in 2 games
Cloutier = 3 GAA in 9 minutes.
i never did understand that.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Riposte!

He needs to take a page from Brett Hull's playbook and retire, because he just can't cut it anymore.

Riposte! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 09:57 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riposte! View Post
He needs to take a page from Brett Hull's playbook and retire, because he just can't cut it anymore.
I can't see him walking away and leaving $6.2mil on the table...I'd like to see him do that though...

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 10:00 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Is Cloutier still trying to find his game? Maybe OJ can help him.

Cloutier now has allowed 8 goals on the last 17 shots.

I wish Crawford would of had the balls to let Brust start the game. He looked really nervous when he came into the game. He's faced 16 shots and given up 2, not bad for coming into the game cold.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 10:37 PM
Riposte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
I can't see him walking away and leaving $6.2mil on the table...I'd like to see him do that though...

Everyone talks about how Cloutier is such a stand up guy and a great leader; maybe he can put his foot in his ****ing mouth and do the organization some good by leaving.

Riposte! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 10:46 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Is Cloutier still trying to find his game? Maybe OJ can help him.
OJ can't find the "real killer." I don't think that he would be much use in helping Cloutier find his good game.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 11:14 PM
Skebo

Send a message via Yahoo to Skebo
Send him to the 'A' for a conditioning assignment.

Skebo is offline   Reply With Quote