HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

No more Cloutier petition

Old
11-30-2006, 11:16 PM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skebo View Post
Send him to the 'A' for a conditioning assignment.
And who takes his place on the roster? Until Garon is 100% healthy we are stuck.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 11:44 PM
Chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skebo View Post
Send him to the 'A' for a conditioning assignment.
If by "A" you mean Azerbaijan.

Chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 01:54 AM
Mindcircus

Horrible game by him it seems. Hey, i still say stick with him. I'd still like to think that he'll get it together.

Mindcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 02:12 AM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcircus View Post
Horrible game by him it seems. Hey, i still say stick with him. I'd still like to think that he'll get it together.
Is that like saying "Well he can't get any worse, right? right?!?!?!?!?"

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 02:25 AM
ExplosionsintheGine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowMix View Post
Is that like saying "Well he can't get any worse, right? right?!?!?!?!?"
I couldn't see how he isn't.

ExplosionsintheGine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 07:38 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Lets look at the facts. It was a terrible trade to begin with, we gave up too much for a goalie who's proven too little at a point of advantage. THEN we signed him to too much before we had even seen how he had performed. These were straight out two critical mistakes that led to this horrific situation. Please do not claim hindsight, if you look back many of us were extremely critical at point of incursion.

Now we are all Kings fans and terrible goaltending comes hand in hand with our allegiance, but enough is enough. I am not going to spend one dime on the Kings until the Cloutier contract is up. Fans shouldn't have to pay their own hard earned money on this filth that they call a goaltender. It's called respect, and they sure aren't giving it to us. What's worst is he's given chance after chance after chance. And STILL, the coaching staff looks at him optimistically.

I'm done with this team, this isn't even hockey anymore. Tell me when Cloutier is out. Call me a sellout or fairweather fan, I don't care. But I refuse to give my allegiance to trash.

Last edited by KingPurpleDinosaur: 12-01-2006 at 07:43 AM.
KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 10:39 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
Lets look at the facts. It was a terrible trade to begin with, we gave up too much for a goalie who's proven too little at a point of advantage. THEN we signed him to too much before we had even seen how he had performed. These were straight out two critical mistakes that led to this horrific situation. Please do not claim hindsight, if you look back many of us were extremely critical at point of incursion.

Now we are all Kings fans and terrible goaltending comes hand in hand with our allegiance, but enough is enough. I am not going to spend one dime on the Kings until the Cloutier contract is up. Fans shouldn't have to pay their own hard earned money on this filth that they call a goaltender. It's called respect, and they sure aren't giving it to us. What's worst is he's given chance after chance after chance. And STILL, the coaching staff looks at him optimistically.

I'm done with this team, this isn't even hockey anymore. Tell me when Cloutier is out. Call me a sellout or fairweather fan, I don't care. But I refuse to give my allegiance to trash.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 11:13 AM
VisionQuest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post

And people wonder why the Southern California fan stereotype exists.

VisionQuest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 11:14 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

has a petition ever worked in the NHL?

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by slava View Post
has a petition ever worked in the NHL?
Not that I know of.

Old
12-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Kingswin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcircus View Post
WOW...... can I have some of what you are smoking...

Are you sure you're not watching the ducks instead of the kings... Cloutier is a disaster.. we have waited and waited for him to get his act together and it is only getting worse

Kingswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingswin View Post
Cloutier is a disaster.. we have waited and waited for him to get his act together and it is only getting worse
But does it really matter? This year was widely believed to be a rebuilding year and that we weren't supposed to even make the playoffs, so is it dissapointing to be right where we we're expected to be?

Deal with his *** this season, if next year in camp he doesn't get his **** straight, send him to the AHL and keep him there until his contract expires.

Old
12-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Kingswin

This almost makes me wonder if they are doing this on purpose... but I don't know..that is a little crazy

Old
12-01-2006, 01:02 PM
VisionQuest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
But does it really matter? This year was widely believed to be a rebuilding year and that we weren't supposed to even make the playoffs, so is it dissapointing to be right where we we're expected to be?

Deal with his *** this season, if next year in camp he doesn't get his **** straight, send him to the AHL and keep him there until his contract expires.

Pretty much agree.

Anyone that didnt write off this season the second demitra was traded was/is a bit, well, dellusional.

Old
12-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Glockaxis

My whole family (even extended) will sign this petition asap. If MC gives Beachball Dan anymore chances, I'm for starting a petition to oust him too.

Glockaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 01:24 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 and 14 View Post
And people wonder why the Southern California fan stereotype exists.
you know what I love about this, you are probably referring to the stereotype where socal fans abandon their team at first sight of a bad year. In case you haven't noticed, the Kings tradition of playoff and Stanley cup excellence hasn't been upheld for, ho hum, 13+ years now. Oh ya, I'm fairweather fan because after 3 years of missing playoffs I'm jumping ship. Oh ya, real fickle of me, I only like this team during the good times.

Gime a break, think three seconds before you post. Anyone who can even still call themselves a Kings fan within these last few years is a ridiculously and stupidly loyal fan to the franchise, me included. So lets get one thing straight, I have no problems with losing. I'm a kings fan, this much should be obvious. I do have problems, however, when a coach shows ridiculous amount of favoritism to the worst goalie I have seen since our last starting goalie was in net.

At one point you have got to stop funneling your money to this ridiculous practice and stand up to this crap. In case you haven't noticed, our ranting on this board does ZERO to change anything, so screw it, I am boycotting Kings games until I am guaranteed the coach will truly do what it takes to win, even sitting his lovechild.

Worst part of all this is that I'm still going to support the team no matter how stupid it is. That's about as ******** as a person can get...

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Mindcircus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingswin View Post
WOW...... can I have some of what you are smoking...

Are you sure you're not watching the ducks instead of the kings... Cloutier is a disaster.. we have waited and waited for him to get his act together and it is only getting worse
I'm not smoking anything, i assure you. I've just accepted the fact that he's here playing for the Kings, so i might as well root for the guy. I want to see him turn it around before all is said and done. Pretty simple as far as i'm concerned. With that said, i don't have some sort of soft spot for the guy, nor am i sticking up for his play. I know he's been awful.

Mindcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 01:42 PM
VisionQuest*

Yeah, because of course, Kings management should listen to a bunch of overweight middle-age dorks in their cubicles that can barely stand up on skates, let alone have played enough hockey to understand the way it works, whining and crying on HFboards.com.

You want to boycott the team over a poor trade/signing, go ahead. Spend your "entertainment dollars" on the symphony, the dodgers, the lakers, whatever. Or just come to grips with the fact that youre a fan of a team that has had an incredibly mixed bag of poor ownership, leadership, decision-making, and luck, suck it up, and look to the bright future we FINALLY have.

Enough on that, Im going to go play hockey instead of talking about it.

Old
12-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Riposte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 and 14 View Post
Yeah, because of course, Kings management should listen to a bunch of overweight middle-age dorks in their cubicles that can barely stand up on skates, let alone have played enough hockey to understand the way it works, whining and crying on HFboards.com.
I actually play hockey recreationally on a pretty regular basis. And I just turned 21...soooooo....

Riposte! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 02:07 PM
Glockaxis

I agree, most of us have played or still play the sport...obviouisly not at the NHL level, but we know what we are talking about. Maybe you thought the rest of us eclipsed your own personal image?

Glockaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Kingswin

The Kings managment doesn't have to listen to us "fat dorks".. why don't they just check out the 3 goals on the first 5 shots against Cloutier on his supposed break out game.. whatever.. what do we know..

Old
12-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Captain Ron

I think it is amusing that we know nothing on these boards. Yet alot of us saw the breakdown of this team last year and eventual firings long before management ever aknowledged there was a problem. Also you don't need to be a pro hockey player to see that letting in 3 goals on 5 shots is a problem. You just need to have eyes.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 11:02 PM
brianguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
I would rather see Fukufuji in their. He can't be any worse than Cloutier and he would bring some positive press to the Kings.

that's funny, I actually started saying the same thing right after Garon got hurt and Manchester called him up. great minds think alike?

brianguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 11:14 PM
brianguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
I think it is amusing that we know nothing on these boards. Yet alot of us saw the breakdown of this team last year and eventual firings long before management ever aknowledged there was a problem. Also you don't need to be a pro hockey player to see that letting in 3 goals on 5 shots is a problem. You just need to have eyes.

it's the fact that so many of us have seen the same patterns time and again. so it doesn't take much. but speculating is easy, and if the collective chatter by fans is only right 25% of the time it seems easy to remember the one time out of four and forget the other three. I've heard many times where fans speculate something and couldn't be any farther from the truth. I just shake my head and groan, because none of us really "know" sometimes, no matter what the consensus of popular thinking is.

fortunately this place isn't as bad as you-know-what.com for speculating, but it still happens on any message board. just so happens this time we couldn't be any more right.

I think Crawford is actually doing a pretty decent job, especially with the youngsters. it's just the whole goaltending problem he's been completely blind of. oh and Deano, despite his eye for young talent

brianguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Kingswin

The goaltending problem is the main problem.. we score on average..3 goals a night.. Cloutiers sv percentage is below 3 goals so we can't and will not win any games with him.. Garon is below 3.. that is all.. He will give us chances to win... but I guess winning doesnt matter...